28. Mär 2024, 23:54 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: new ideas!!!  (Gelesen 7887 mal)

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
new ideas!!!
« am: 27. Jul 2008, 07:52 »
hi there after this vacations i've got a few "good" ideas

Gandalf:

when he is the grey he must not have istari light and his word of power shall be a little weak (well not to weak but not to strong)...

then when he becomes the white, of course he must have istari light and a powerful word of power... ok then when we pourchase Gandalf the white, (i think) it shall appear the sunflare power but makin not damage and the light below of that power is not needed (cuz its the light that comes from the heavens that comes to him and gives him the stage of white)

Saruman:

he is actually perfect, (just I dont know how the power of "the lord of the white council" works and  the power which make him a little bit slower)...

so my idea: like i said about gandalf's descending light, for Saruman its reversed, instead the light descends it will go up (when he becomes Saruman of many-colours he lost his light, that's why the light leaves him)... its the same power of the sunflare but just the part of below.

& when he becomes Saruman the blessed his health must be increased (not for nothing is "the blessed") and his last power "Gewittersturms", like the description says: ...he controls the power of the elements...: shortly before the lightnings fall, it should appear the "wind of manwe" but making damage, then  at the same time as lightnings fall, rain should fall (which would last so the attack itself)

well hope u like this & take this small but complicated ideas intoaccount xD

thx
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Jul 2008, 07:55 von AmosVogel »
"Viva México"

Sauron der Dunkle

• Waldläufer Ithiliens
Re: new ideas!!!
« Antwort #1 am: 27. Jul 2008, 14:01 »
Wow I like these ideas.
I like the idea,that the skills Gandalfs weaker start and then get stronger. This would make the balance in the game better then before.  :)

Sry my English isn't very well  :D
---------Sauron der Dunkle--------
-------------Ehemaliger Betatester--------------

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 27. Jul 2008, 16:21 »
yep that's why Im proposing it

and ur english is good, at least i can understand u ;)
"Viva México"

Vexor

• Edain Ehrenmember / MU Ehrenuser
  • Bezwinger der Toten
  • Die Feder ist oft mächtiger als das Schwert
« Antwort #3 am: 27. Jul 2008, 16:54 »
Amos I've to say, well-done.

Your ideas are very good and written in a convincing form.

Most I prefer the ideas about gandalf the grey and the white.

lg Vexor

~ RPG-Leiter & Moderator ~

ravagewolf

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 17. Mär 2010, 23:54 »
Hi, I am new to this forum and would first like to thank the edain mod team for all there  hard work. I apologise in advance if this suggestion is in the wrong section or a double post.

Gondor has probably the best artillery out of all the factions in the game. In the movies you always see gondor on the defensive, so you don't see the full extent of there seige weapons. I suggest that Gondor gets two additional seige weapons.

Battering Ram

The ram could be upgraded with siege shields for the soldiers to allow for better protection.

Ballista/Bolt thrower

This unit is not to be confused with the far larger ballista used by Isengard. It would be similar in size to the ones used on the pirates ships of Umbar. So it would be a medium to long range artillery piece.

It would likely cost less than the heavier ranged Trebuchet which is more destructive. Its health would also be less. The weapon would be manned by three Gondor soldiers and would need to be deployed first.

Advantages of the weapon

It has more rapid fire than the Trebuchet
The bolts would have knock back damaged against infantry and heroes
The bolts would be far more effective against moving targets which is a draw back of the larger trebuchet.
The bolts would also be able to hit air combatants.
The bolts would be more effective against heavily armoured targets such as trolls.

Upgrades

Flaming shots and an armoured front plate to reduce damage from piercing attacks.

These are my suggestions. I would be interested to hear what other people think. On the warhammer website you can see an example of this weapon for the Gondor Army.

Ulmo

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
  • Valar Ulmo
« Antwort #5 am: 18. Mär 2010, 15:43 »
Okay, first about the Battering Ram..
I think a battering ram isn't needed, the edain mod tries to get every faction as unique as possible, and in fact there are many factions with battle rams like isengart mordor and rohan. So i dont really like the Idea but,...

... I Really like the second idea a small ballista as close to mid range artiellery = Awesome + unique. Furthermore I think a knock back against heroes could be inbalanced, thats the only failure for me.

Ulmo

Wer einen Lockerz Acc. von mir möchte ne PM
z List 1/20

ravagewolf

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 19. Mär 2010, 00:19 »
Thanks for the reply and I see your point about knock back damage against heroes. I was accidentally on the German forum and noticed that there forum has a better structure to it. Has the English forum only been running for a while?

Another suggestion I had is the house of healing for Gondor. The structure could have a healing aura and produce healers which could support Gondors Army. Healers would be non combatants but could gain extra skills from the house of healing. Aragorn as King could also add an advantage to the healers / structure. For example the the aura of healing for both structure and healers could be increased and cure wounds from nazgul . The structure could be built or deployed as a special power like the Dwarf Forge. Just some more thoughts I have had today.

Ulmo

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
  • Valar Ulmo
« Antwort #7 am: 19. Mär 2010, 12:11 »
At first:

The german forum is much more organzied because the edain mod ist mainly a german Mod (Also there is a englisch transaltion in progress) so most of the edain user are german and much more ideas are invented, thats why there is this massive structure, the Leader want to get only the best Ideas
Furthermore this EN forum isn't dead, normall also the admins and edain Mod leader post in this section, and reply to everyone, dont know why this has happend yet.
But im here :P

The ideas are aren't bad but the unique touch misses, you agree?
there are Healers at Lothlorien.
If you understand German you should look at the
Zitat
Konzept-Diskussion
Threasds of the different Factions

Greets Ulmo

Wer einen Lockerz Acc. von mir möchte ne PM
z List 1/20

ravagewolf

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #8 am: 21. Mär 2010, 17:32 »
Well its good to see someone active on the English forum. I will take your advice and look at the German forum in more depths. Thanks

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #9 am: 24. Mär 2010, 15:11 »
hello Edain community! (mmmm ok. here is the english version of my comment)

... And what do you think that Saruman the White has a pair of attacks:

Level 5: White Wizard Blast (as Galadriel)
Level 7 or 10: a kind of light of the Istari, but not as powerful as Gandalf the White's.

& to change to "A new power is Rising", Saruman must achieve these powers, so we can see the corruption of the white wizard (light will be no longer with him).

Thanks for reading and ... What do you think?

sorry for the other comment, I just wanted to make an interesting disscussion  :P
"Viva México"

ravagewolf

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #10 am: 25. Mär 2010, 19:47 »
I certainly like the idea of Saruman falling from grace, but at what time does he loose his istari powers. I take it is when Gandalf breaks his staff? I am not to sure about the white wizard blast as all istari have a blast attack of some form. Though he should start off being stronger than Gandalf as he was the head of there order. One of the most notable powers he used in the movie was when he tried to bring down the mountain on top of the fellowship.

Level 3: Avalanche ( Special Power )

The avalanche will not only inflict damage over an area but it will slow units down aswell. As he gains level the area of damage and time duration could increase. Intially this spell is meant more for disruption of enemy forces but becomes more deadly as Sarumans powers increase.

(Palland)Raschi

• Turmwache
  • Fanatiker sind unbeständige Freunde
« Antwort #11 am: 25. Mär 2010, 20:05 »
Hmm, I like the idea that Saruman begins his development as the most powerful Istari he  was at the beginning of the movie indeed. Maybe he develops not so fast as Gandalf in his ability to make damage and gain more helthpoints. This could represent Gandalfs growing strength in the end. When Gandalf becomes the white wizzard he additonally gains more power and Saruman  is de facto weaker then.
To sum it up, I like your first idea. This could be a nice thing about Gandalf and Saruman in Edain. If you want, I can iusse this idea in the german part of this bulletin  board.

(I hope I got you right  ;) )

I dont know if the second idea fits. Well, in fact Saruman's level 10 spell already covers this part of his powerful interaction in the movie.

greetings

Raschi
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Mär 2010, 20:38 von Pallandraschi »
MfG Raschi

[Jedwede rechtliche Äußerung, Kommentierung oder Information über PM oder öffentlichen Beitrag von meiner Seite stellt lediglich eine reine Gefälligkeit dar und erfolgt ohne jeglichen Rechtsbindungswille.]

Ohne Schuld verfasst einen Forumsbeitrag, wer beim Abfassen eines Beitrags wegen einer krankhaften seelischen Störung, wegen einer tiefgreifenden Bewusstseinsstörung oder wegen Schwachsinns oder einer schweren anderen seelischen Abartigkeit unfähig ist, die Verletzung der Forenregeln einzusehen oder nach dieser Einsicht zu handeln.

ravagewolf

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #12 am: 25. Mär 2010, 20:42 »
The avalanche idea could be used as just a minor power to disrupt enemy forces. It would be a taster of Sarumans powers to come. I know when he gets the ring he can unleash a full storm. I have posted a new topic about the Rohan Keep. I would be interested to find out what people would think of it on the German forum as the English forum is quite quiet at the moment.

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #13 am: 25. Mär 2010, 21:44 »
Isn't the avalanche already an ability of Saruman while he's on top of the Orthanc?  ;)

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #14 am: 26. Mär 2010, 01:15 »
ohh yes! avalache power is already in the game & it's very useful.

& what I was talking about is that Saruman was the leader of the Istari, being the White he was the most powerful; and let's imagine, Gandalf the White says: "...I am saruman, or rather Saruman as he should have been..."; so in the books and in the movies we see that Gandalf got light techniques, like Istari light. So -just imagining- this means that Saruman had similar skills, don't you think!?

& the white/light wizard blast is just an idea that, being the white he had command over the light but when he becomes the many-colored (in this case "a new power is rising"), he abandons light, & his wizard blast becomes purple.

& it will be great that Pallandraschi -if he want it- or anyone post this in german forums, to have more ideas & a great discussion.

thx for reading!
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Mär 2010, 01:18 von AmosVogel »
"Viva México"