29. Mär 2024, 11:14 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: UI Feedback  (Gelesen 2189 mal)

dskod1

• Bilbos Festgast
UI Feedback
« am: 13. Mär 2013, 14:55 »
Hello

I am sorry that this post is in english. I wished to post this here as the english part of the forum appears to be mostly dead. I hope you do not mind. If you wish me to google translate my posts from now on in the german part of the forum please let me know.

Great work on the mod so far. I have to say it is the best and most complete mod out there for any of the battle for middle earth titles. I do not mind that the game is in german and am loving you guys for doing an english patch even though you are not obligated to. Hopefully when 4.0 comes out there will be more of a growing english community.

One of the things that really annoys me about the UI is the hero and base interface. It just does not seem to be standarised. Some heroes use the normal hero power wheel, Others have an extra power wheel, and souron has his own power interface on the right of the screen. I was wondering if it was possible to have all hero powers like Souron's (with the ring) hero powers. IE. the interface of hero powers on the right of the screen rather than the screen wheel.

Also some of the base interfaces are weird. Whilst most do have the standard interface that you have implemented some do not. IE in some you upgrade base and hiring workers appears as soon as you click the base whilst others are organised where you have to click a button to go to upgrades and workers. If all the bases could have standard interfaces where you have to click "upgrades and workers" to purchase upgrades and workers that would be cool.

Other than that great work on the mod guys. Keep it up!  ;)

Lord-Alex

• Elbischer Pilger
Re:UI Feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Mär 2013, 21:14 »
Hi!
I really don't like the system where you have to switch too (sometimes the hero gets stuck, stops an auto-attack animation etc.). I once made a proposal, that every hero who uses more than one "wheel"should have the same system as Sauron- passive abilities in the "wheel", actives at the right side. (with the exception of mode switching heroes like this Angmar Dunedain hero)
The Team said, that this is a specialty of sauron and should stay unique in the mod. (as far as i can remember)

But i agree with you, that it would be way easier when every hero uses this system. (even if this hero doesn't have more abilities than buttons in the wheel)
I don't think that this should be restricted to heroes:
Every active ability should be at the right side (the ones of units as well- for example the artillery shot of the Dunedain), all passive abilities and upgrades should stay in the wheel. And since with version 4.0 the builders won't be there anymore, this wouldn't lead to a clash with the old Building system and would ease up the interface.

I'd like to post this, in German, in the concept area, as long the team doesn't say anything against it.

But i don't think that the base interfaces are that complicated... Anyway, they will change pretty much with Version 4.0, at least you won't get confused by the place of the workers ^^

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #2 am: 13. Mär 2013, 21:21 »
There are some problems why we can't use the sauron system for other heros. If only Sauron uses it noone notices it (or only very few and not very often), but if every hero would use it, it would cause some troubles which would always look as if they were bugs.
The wheels are only integrated when a hero has too many abilities for one palantir.
So we can't just give every hero the sauron system.

It's just like that:
Every hero has the normal palantir. If they have too many powers for one palantir they have a switch to a second palantir.
Sauron is the only exception because he is Sauron.:P

The second thing will be changed for the next version, as there won't be workers etc. anymore. (just look at the updates on moddb)

dskod1

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 14. Mär 2013, 01:41 »
There are some problems why we can't use the sauron system for other heros. If only Sauron uses it noone notices it (or only very few and not very often), but if every hero would use it, it would cause some troubles which would always look as if they were bugs.
The wheels are only integrated when a hero has too many abilities for one palantir.
So we can't just give every hero the sauron system.

It's just like that:
Every hero has the normal palantir. If they have too many powers for one palantir they have a switch to a second palantir.
Sauron is the only exception because he is Sauron.:P

The second thing will be changed for the next version, as there won't be workers etc. anymore. (just look at the updates on moddb)

I knew I spelt sauron wrong. I can't believe I did.

okay understood. out of curoisty. Is the current system with sauron's interface bugged? or would converting all the heroes to the same interface just cause bugs because of the amount of coding?

Second. Are fortress upgrades being scrapped in 4.0? I have not heard of anything in the dev diaries about this so sorry in advanced

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #4 am: 14. Mär 2013, 10:43 »
The system of sauron is also a bit bugged. We have to define him as not a soldier, but a worker. So some things which only apply on soldiers don't work with him.

There will be some upgrades, but not always the same. Just wait for the next version and you'll see. :)

dskod1

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 14. Mär 2013, 14:45 »
"Just wait for the next version" he says not realising that the wait is sending me crazy [uglybunti]

thanks for the responses. I eagerly await the release of the next version.

You guys haven't revealed what you are doing with lorien's bases yet so I imagine that the next version will not be released soon.