28. Mär 2024, 12:02 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Fortress  (Gelesen 5968 mal)

KingThranduil

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Fortress
« am: 14. Apr 2013, 19:29 »
In Edain Mod 3.8.1 when you choose Dwarven, should first select one of three fraction(Ered Luin, Iron hills, Erebor). Is it possible to do so to start the game over Ered Luin. And else, is it possible, to start the game in this fortress.
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Jul 2013, 09:23 von KingThranduil »

Der Hexenkönig von Angmar

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • Die Welt der Menschen wird untergehen!
Re:Dwarven fortress
« Antwort #1 am: 14. Apr 2013, 20:55 »
Yes, this is all possible.
To your first qustion, if i have understand you right, then you would like to have Ered Luin, Erebor and the Iron Hils as a own Faction.  Yes, this is possible, but the Edain Team had made that on this way, because so you have to add only one KI .  If you choose the other way, you had to add a KI for all three Factions and the Number of KIs you can add is limited, so this is the easier way and you can be sure, that every of this Faction have a KI otherwise it can be, that you have exeed the limit and so you are not able to add one more KI.
And to your secound question, yes, this is also possible,  that you start in this mountain with dwarfes in the mod, this is a entry in the Map ini of all Maps, on which you start with the mountain(you don´t start in this mountain on all Maps only on this, which have the entry in the Map ini.  If you open the "Edain_Maps.big and open the Map ini of a Map, which has the mountain, you only have to delete the entry which makes the mountain possible.  If you dont know, which entry you have to delete you must ask a Mapper from the Edain Team like
http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1328

or

http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5

ask one of them with a PM which entry you have to delet.  Then, after you deleted this one entry, save the changed Map ini, save it into a folder with the Name of the Map.  Then copy the original Map, the MapStr and all other files of the original Map folder.
Save all this files in a new folder, then replace the Map ini with your changed Map ini, then copy your whoole folder with the changed Map ini and move it to:
C/User/You User Name/AppDAta/Roaming/My Battle for Middelearth Rise of the witchking files/Maps
then start the Game, go to the Skirmish mode and klick the hammer in the top left corner at the list with the maps, then start your Map, one thing on which you can see, that it is your changed map is, that your Map has the hammer symbol on the place, where other Maps have a little star.

I hope, my english was good enough to help you.
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Apr 2013, 21:00 von Der Hexenkönig von Angmar »

KingThranduil

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 14. Apr 2013, 21:38 »
It's too hard for me.

« Antwort #3 am: 14. Apr 2013, 21:40 »
what is too hard, don´t you understand what I mean? Is my english too bad, ask one of the EdainModTeam Mapper, if you don´t understand what i mean.  Do not give up, if you don´t understand, ask some other people from the Edain Team!

KingThranduil

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 14. Apr 2013, 21:48 »
add only one KI - Where to find it?

« Antwort #5 am: 14. Apr 2013, 22:05 »
You don´t know what KI is?  I don´t know how to describe it in english.  But i will try it.
Do you know AI?  That is the same.  Or here is the translation from Google Translator:
artificial intelligence
I don´t know how to describe it, but maybe that could help you:
KI is, when a computer make something automatically and react on something, what you are doing, in Battle for Middelearth especially the fact, that the PC recruit Units and send them to your camp, KI is, that the PC attack you and  the PC doesn´t do that voluntarily the PC cant think so if you want, that the PC make something in Games, you musst program it, then the PC make that in a Game, that is KI,.
I hope that could help you, if not, say it.

Dralo

• Knappe Rohans
  • DragonLord
« Antwort #6 am: 14. Apr 2013, 22:17 »
KI (German)=AI which is short for "artificial intelligence"... the game needs different scripts for each faction you can choose while match making. If all of the three dwarven factions would have been inserted seperately, they would have needed different AIs. But while they are all very close in gameplay and apperearance, the team desided to put them together in one faction. But this is also better for future mapping: you wont be able to insert more than 16 (?) Players in total (this includes skirmish and neutral, creeps and so on) for one map. So if there would be more factions, you would not be able to insert them to an actual map.

edit: not fast enough, damn^^
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Apr 2013, 22:22 von Dralo »

KingThranduil

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #7 am: 14. Apr 2013, 22:28 »
I don't want all three fraction simultaneously. I want only Ered Luin(without choice).

Radagast der Musikalische

• Edain Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • "Die Natur kennt keine Probleme, nur Lösungen."
« Antwort #8 am: 14. Apr 2013, 23:18 »
Put this file in the main directory of RotWk and you will always play with Ered-Luin and without the mountain.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-7471057/EredLuin.zip.html

KingThranduil

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #9 am: 15. Apr 2013, 07:08 »
Thanks a lot

KingThranduil

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re:Fortress
« Antwort #10 am: 8. Sep 2013, 08:47 »
In commandset more than 33 command doesn't take, on the 34 rd knocks error - Unknown field '34 'in block' Commandset '.

What to do? How can I increase the field?

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Re:Fortress
« Antwort #11 am: 8. Sep 2013, 09:35 »
This isn't changable, because it is hardcoded.
So you just can't have more than 33 CommandButtons in a CommandSet