18. Apr 2024, 03:06 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ask the Edain Team  (Gelesen 138826 mal)

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
Re: Ask the Edain Team
« Antwort #330 am: 7. Jul 2016, 18:03 »
Hi!

Are the Exiles/Royal Vanguard meant to be better than regular Rohirrim? I've recently started to play more with Rohan and I find that they are, at least, dying less quickly.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #331 am: 7. Jul 2016, 18:11 »
Exactly the same apart from buildtime afaik.

Sefie1999AD

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #332 am: 15. Jul 2016, 15:30 »
I was searching the files inside ____edain_maps.big, but I don't think I found anything related to this in Edain's skirmishaidata.ini or "ki [faction].map" files. Anyway, I wanted to ask which files determine whether the AI sends its starting units on a rush or not. I know at least Gondor, Lothlorien and Mordor rush with their starting units, but Isengard never does.

It's really annoying on AI vs. AI style matches, especially 3v3 and 4v4, where Gondor and Lothlorien double-team an enemy AI (who has no forces defending since he's also rushing someone) and take the base out in less than 2 minutes with their starting units.

I'd like to play around with the AI behavior files, to make the AI units go after settlements and creeps, rather than enemy bases, during the first 5 minutes or so. I just don't know which files contain the AI scripts. An alternative fix for this behavior would be to give the Citadel some arrows to defend itself, so you'll need a bigger force than 2 battalions of basic swordmen to take down the Citadel.

Ursidey

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #333 am: 18. Jul 2016, 15:32 »
Hello,

I have seen that the ability "Critical Hit" of the sons of Elrond remain in 4.4, but i don't understand a part of the description :

"The Sons of Elrond are well trained in the art of swordplay and can take advantage of weak points in enemy armor. \n Passive Effect: The Twins have a 40% chance to deal double damage, with additional side damage amounting to 25%."

What mean the last part ? If they don't deal double damage they still have +25% damage all the time ? Or they get +25% damage only with flank attack ? Sorry, it is not clear for me  [ugly]

dialsamai

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #334 am: 29. Jul 2016, 19:26 »
OK, it looks like my questions/suggestions have not been recorded by the system, so I will try one more time... And make it a question this time:  :D

How about the following Faction Name changes?

"MORIA" instead of Misty Mountains, with subfactions "Gundabad" and "Goblintown"
"EREBOR" instead of Dwarves, with subfactions "Ered Luin" and "Iron Hills"
 (**)

This all of course to go with the current Factions:
Gondor, Rohan, Lothlórien, Imladris, and now Erebor.
Mordor, Isengard, Angmar, and now Moria.

I do hope indeed that my question is satisfactory to your standards.  :P

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #335 am: 29. Jul 2016, 19:42 »
Dialsamai, your proposals were very well 'recorded' by the system. You have already been answered and I closed the thread. I also just replied to you in the German forum too.

A warning: if you are intended to continue to post this proposal of yours, you will consequently force me to start deleting the posts that don't comply with the rules. Respect the forum rules and order, please.

dialsamai

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #336 am: 29. Jul 2016, 21:59 »
I am sorry, I am sorry, I am sorry...  :o

I honestly did not think I had been already answered to, I apologize.  :(

No, I will not continue to suggest this, I will look for your answers to see what you guys think of this. I find this site a bit confusing, since I don't know German and all, and did not see any sort of notification of an answer! Apologies, and blessings with the mod, it is a fantastic piece of state-of-the-art work.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #337 am: 29. Jul 2016, 23:14 »
Browsing notifications is quite simple. You just have to click on the Unread answers to your posts feature at the top of the homepage, when you are in the main page of this forum (and below your username). Also, to distinguish the English boards from the German ones, you just have to see if a section (for example: Edain Mod, Modding Corner or Lord of the Rings) has a '[en]' symbol at the beginning; that symbol indicates precisely that the section and its own very boards are in English (consequently, if there isn't, the section is in German). Another more intuitive way to see the language of the board: just look at the comments themselves and see if they are all in German or in English.

I know, it might not be so easy to get acquainted with Modding Union at first, but, if you have any doubt of every sort, you should primarily ask for support from a Moderator or other experienced users; you can do this by sending a personal message or asking public questions in threads as this one. This is the most appropriate attitude. As you could see, posting the same thing over and over again doesn't really help you to solve your issues and it also causes a bit of confusion in the forum itself. If you need help, just ask politely and in the proper manners  :)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #338 am: 30. Jul 2016, 00:38 »
Greetings, companions of the Edain^^

Since I'm planning to start a Campaign Submod, I'd like to ask to the ET three questions:

1. First of all, may I have the permission to do that? (I think DieWalkure once said that your permission is required to make a submod)

2. Scripting the various missions would require FinalBig, I guess. But how can I make the Campaign accessible from the main menu, rather than the standard Angmar campaign?

3. What are the technical limitations of making a campaign with BFME 1 castles/camps/outposts, etc.? (Because you said more than once that a campaign like the ones in BFME isn't possible)

Hope you can answer my questions^^

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
« Antwort #339 am: 6. Aug 2016, 17:04 »
How can I report a bug in a map-specific easter egg without having the risk to spoil it to other players?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #340 am: 6. Aug 2016, 17:43 »
How can I report a bug in a map-specific easter egg without having the risk to spoil it to other players?

If you are quite sure that it's a bug concerning an Easter-egg, I think you should send a PM (personal message) to the Edain Team; I would suggest you contact Ealendril or FG15. They will surely provide you with much more specific and technical answers.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
« Antwort #341 am: 6. Aug 2016, 17:54 »
Thanks! I'll do it!

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #342 am: 7. Aug 2016, 12:00 »
Zitat
1. First of all, may I have the permission to do that? (I think DieWalkure once said that your permission is required to make a submod)
Yes, you need a permission. Just sent us a message with your plans and you will get your permission.

Zitat
2. Scripting the various missions would require FinalBig, I guess. But how can I make the Campaign accessible from the main menu, rather than the standard Angmar campaign?
Seems like a question for the modding corner.

Zitat
3. What are the technical limitations of making a campaign with BFME 1 castles/camps/outposts, etc.? (Because you said more than once that a campaign like the ones in BFME isn't possible)
Of course it is possible - possible with Edain 4.0.^^ But you cant convert the full bfme1 mechanics, like the livingworld etc.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #343 am: 7. Aug 2016, 16:58 »
I never planned to use the living world, all I wanted to know was whether camps, castles and so on could work in a campaign^^
I'll send the main plan of the submod as soon as I head back home (I'm on vacation right now)^^
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Aug 2016, 17:02 von DrHouse93 »

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #344 am: 8. Aug 2016, 12:25 »
Sorry if it's already been asked, but do the dwarven runes work on other faction buildings ? Like  fe on the Dunedain camp ? Thanks in advance :)