26. Apr 2024, 09:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ask the Edain Team  (Gelesen 139623 mal)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Re: Ask the Edain Team
« Antwort #345 am: 8. Aug 2016, 12:35 »
No, they only work with dwarven buildings.
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Aug 2016, 22:39 von Ealendril »

Teacup`

• Hobbit
« Antwort #346 am: 8. Aug 2016, 20:45 »
Hey!

I have a quick problem, wanted to ask.

When I go on to War of the Ring, I make my faction Rohan, a friendly faction Gondor, then I add both Isengard and Mordor as the enemy factions. I use the 'War of the Ring' map which includes every territory in Middle-earth. So I continue and begin the game, everything loads fine and I have the War of the Ring Middle-earth overview where I can move my armies, I move my army from Helm's Deep towards Isengard and come into conflict with Isengard armies, so I do the 'Real Time' battle... the battle starts to load then crash, my game has stopped working.

I think maybe it is the War of the Ring map setting that causes the crash? Because of maps such as War in the North seem to work fine.

Please someone help?!

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #347 am: 9. Aug 2016, 17:03 »
Hi!

Are maps like "Wiege Der Creeps" (I believe it was called, the one with the monsters in the middle), the map where you had to pick 6 heroes and "Die Neun" planned to be re-added? I loved those kind of maps!

Maraelion

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #348 am: 9. Aug 2016, 22:15 »
The team has stated that every old map will be reimplemented in Edain 4.x (as long as it is possible). But they always added to this statemend that converting takes some time.
Greetinhs
Maraelion

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
« Antwort #349 am: 9. Aug 2016, 22:38 »
The team has stated that every old map will be reimplemented in Edain 4.x (as long as it is possible). But they always added to this statemend that converting takes some time.
Greetinhs
Maraelion

Thanks for the answer!

kingsjewel

• Gast
« Antwort #350 am: 10. Aug 2016, 20:02 »
Hy!
I would like to ask there will be an Erebor map in the future like in the Hobbit movies?

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #351 am: 10. Aug 2016, 20:22 »
That's quite unlikely. The version of the film offers hardly any interesting choices for a good fortress map. Therefore, we prefer the current version.

kingsjewel

• Gast
« Antwort #352 am: 11. Aug 2016, 08:25 »
Ok, thanks for the answer.

Aragorn_Frodo

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Have No Fear, ARAGORN_FRODO Is Here!
« Antwort #353 am: 13. Aug 2016, 17:22 »
I know that the Edain mod is already full of good official music from the films, and that is one if the great things about it.  I recently got my hands on some copies of The Complete Recordings of all three movies and was thinking about how these versions offer so much more music (10 hours including all three movies) than the original soundtrack version I used to have (which had about 3 and a half hours for all three).  This got me wondering, what version of the soundtracks did the Edain team use for the official music in the Mod?

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
« Antwort #354 am: 14. Aug 2016, 05:30 »
Are Ogres from BOTFA planned to be in the mod in some capacity? Being that they are somewhat canon and all (Ogres are mentioned in The Hobbit book in Gollum and Bilbo's riddle game). I don't dislike their design, but I'm not fond of them either, just asking.

Thanks!

Aragorn_Frodo

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Have No Fear, ARAGORN_FRODO Is Here!
« Antwort #355 am: 30. Sep 2016, 01:28 »
Do you guys feel at all that you have been inspired by the Stronghold RTS in some of the features you have implemented into the Edain Mod?  I'm getting that vibe, and I think it's really cool if that's true considering Stronghold is the only other RTS I play apart from BFME (you can probably tell from my profile picture) :)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #356 am: 30. Sep 2016, 11:58 »
Of course, the new stuff is inspired by Stronghold and Age of Empires.

@Julio: Ogres aren't planned.

Shervin.r

• Hobbit
« Antwort #357 am: 2. Okt 2016, 19:57 »
Hi guys.thank you for this great mod.i have a question.does the next release inclides misty mointains ??
Thanks

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #358 am: 2. Okt 2016, 20:12 »
Hi guys.thank you for this great mod.i have a question.does the next release inclides misty mointains?
Thanks

Hi. It's not known yet if the next patch will include the Misty Mountains. The Edain Team has not announced anything official about the matter.

If you want to know my personal opinion, it's quite unlikely that the last faction will be released with the next update. There are a lot of arguments why it should be so. Furthermore, the new content showcased so far hints at a forthcoming siege overhaul (with no mention of the Misty Mountains). The quotation below is a response of mine to a user (Greatgoblin) who urged to include the Goblins in the next patch.

Dendrotheos

• Bilbos Festgast
  • æsc cyning. Freca Rohanes
« Antwort #359 am: 4. Okt 2016, 11:24 »
Hi there,

I'm aware I asked about this before, but haven't yet seen it put in so thought I'd ask. Is there currently a plan, since all of the BFME2 maps are being remastered for Edain, that the old BFME1 Enedwaith map will be implemented?

It was the only map in the first game that had neither Camps nor Castles in it, and so worked a little like a War of the Ring realtime battle. The difference mainly was that it was not converted, instead especially designed for outposts and farm plots only.

Easily my favourite map out there for BFME, so wondering if you were hoping to bring it in.

Thanks,
D
"Bealocwealm hafað fréone frecan forth onsended. Giedd sculon singan gléomenn sorgiende."