28. Mär 2024, 19:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ask the Edain Team  (Gelesen 137451 mal)

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
Re: Ask the Edain Team
« Antwort #360 am: 8. Okt 2016, 14:51 »
@Dendrotheos
The team has answered such a question before. They said it is technically impossible plus the fact remains that most factions gain access to some kind of subfaction on their Outposts, meaning that their basic units are not accessible. This doesn't make for fair gameplay.

I have a question of my own. Is there a official reason why the sound sets from vanilla Thranduil, King Dain, Glóin, and Boromir have not been reused in the Edain mod?

I personally feel that a hero like Gildor would do well with Thranduil's sound set because it sets him apart. The same goes for Múrin and Drár who could use King Dain's and Glóin's respective sound sets to differentiate their quotes from the Dwarven elite units (Iron Breakers, Arkenguard and the Unburnt). I honestly never understood why their previous sound sets were changed to the elite units anyway.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #361 am: 9. Okt 2016, 17:41 »
Hi, Edain Team!

I have a question that maybe is stupid, I don't know :P.

If 4.5 doesn't include the Misty Mountains, could you include the Misty Mountains models that are finished but aren't in the mod already? I think it could be great for map-makers who want to use Misty Mountains Heroes or Units, or people like me who modifies the mod to include units that are only in the Worldbuilder in the factions. Textures are in the files if I recall correctly, but models aren't.

Thanks in advancement for the answer and for the great mod you have created!

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #362 am: 9. Okt 2016, 18:02 »
They purposely did that so people won't enable the faction through coding.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #363 am: 9. Okt 2016, 18:04 »
Thanks for the answer! I thought it would be something like that. I think Heroes at least would be fine, but I understand the decision!

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #364 am: 9. Okt 2016, 18:49 »
They purposely did that so people won't enable the faction through coding.
Exactly. ;)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #365 am: 4. Nov 2016, 20:27 »
Hello,
I was just wondering why is is that you can't queue up the building upgrades on the Dale Marketplace, Laketown Center and Dunedain Camp. Is it a modding restriction or is it for balance?
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #366 am: 30. Dez 2016, 21:33 »
I have a technical question; does the dwarf like system allow for completely different buildings inside the base. That is to say would it cater for allowing the user to pick between Rhun and Harad? I'm asking this as the question has come up in the Evil Men thread and unless we know debate will not be constructive. 
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #367 am: 12. Jan 2017, 22:32 »
Hello, a question I have been completely unable to answer myself despite digging through piles of game files. What units exactly does the Angmar Orc Camp buff and by that I mean, yes of course it affects the Gundabad orcs but does it also affect the Wolf Riders and the Orcs of Mount Gram or any other unit I might have forgotten about. And does the Rhudaur buff affect Hwaldar's Summon?

Bombadiil

• Hobbit
« Antwort #368 am: 12. Jan 2017, 22:44 »
Hi

does anyone know when the mirkwood sub-faction is coming?

tauriel for war of the ring mode?

can anyone tell me where can i find edain 4.0 version?

thanks  :)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #369 am: 12. Jan 2017, 23:21 »
The buffs affect normal trainable units, so Orc Warriors, Orc Riders, Rhudaur Spearmen and Rhudaur Slingers.

Mirkwood is available on the outpost of Lothlorien.

You can download the latest full version of edain either in the download section here in the forum or on our ModdB site. To update to the latest version use the launcher.

Tauriel is available in War of the Rings mod as on normal maps, in the Spellbook.

Bombadiil

• Hobbit
« Antwort #370 am: 13. Jan 2017, 10:20 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqr_w4FZJFY

I mean this.Mirkwood sub faction like gondor,isengard...etc.

and to recruit tauriel as a hero in war of the ring mod?

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #371 am: 13. Jan 2017, 10:52 »
To see that sub-faction simply select the Lorien faction and build the Mirkwood outpost on the map.

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #372 am: 15. Mär 2017, 17:52 »
Does the new game Shadow of War effect the mod? What do you think about Talion? And is there any link (except moddb) to see full list of 4.5 changings? Because they are seperated as far as i know. Do we see the accepted ideas which will be in 4.5? Thank you.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #373 am: 15. Mär 2017, 18:57 »
I'm not very much acquainted with that game series, but I can tell you that it's quite unlikely that anything pertaining to it could affect the Edain Mod in meaningful ways. This project is at an extent open to innovations or unique solutions, but the resemblance and profound connection both with the books and with the cinematographic adaptation of the two trilogies remain the sole canonical sources which the Edain Team makes usage of.

You can find all the official articles concerning the upcoming patch in the Edain News board. All that was showcased there has been accepted and will be in the forthcoming update.

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #374 am: 15. Mär 2017, 19:50 »
All do you respect, you can admit this patch took so long. I was wondering if there is a plan to make some chanings before Misty Mountains release like siege and power spell menu or it depends on requests of team members and players. I know Narya, Axe of Doriath, Woodsmen of Anduin, Guards of Orthanc, Ancient Might of Galadriel but is there any addition or accepted idea? There is not full list, this remains an enigma. I just want to know how it works.