28. Mär 2024, 14:27 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ask the Edain Team  (Gelesen 137437 mal)

DamianForel

• Hobbit
Ask the Edain Team
« Antwort #390 am: 18. Sep 2017, 06:25 »
Hi! I've been a great fan of your mod since many years ago, when it was only available in German. I have shared the mod with all of my friends wich wanted to play it. First I want to say THANK YOU for so much fun trought this time.  :P
Now I want to ask you:

Does the project still alive? My launcher don't show any news report since almost a year. There's not any update available since so much time.  :( I hope there's something coming so much big that requires that time.

If the project remains alive. Is there more factions coming in the future? I remember when Edain Mod has more factions available, like Eastmen or the Goblins.

Again, thank you for so much work just for our fun. I've read the entire J.R.R. Tolkien books and you have done the closest mod to their descriptions in comparison to other mods. 

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
Re: Ask the Edain Team
« Antwort #391 am: 18. Sep 2017, 06:50 »
The mod is alive, look at the news section of this board, last news were three months ago but more are coming soon.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #392 am: 18. Sep 2017, 10:01 »
Yes, we are still working on the mod and I would they that we are making signifcant progress.

The Misty Mountains (goblins) won't be added in 4.5 but in one of the following patches. You can see a small glimps of them in some older announcements, even if not everything might anymore the same as shown there.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #393 am: 21. Jan 2018, 21:16 »
Hallo Edain team  :)
I come again to this thread 'cause I'm going to ask you another another thing about Durin.
Since in my project I bright to light the old abilities again, my question is: what is the precise lore behind "Word of Silcence" it is one of the most powerful and mysterious part of his concept and somehow even though I don't know precisely where it comes from it is incredible fitting with the character :)

kowism1

• Hobbit
« Antwort #394 am: 24. Apr 2018, 14:28 »
I have a faction specific question here it goes

playing as mordor is really fun I like it for the most part but one thing bugs me sort of

when you name a nagul as a ringseeker or whatever its called in game I see that it gets a name change and a fellbeast and it should get a stealth detection ring around it but without a particle effect or even a simple ring on the ground terrain I have no idea how big that stealth detection actually is.

is that stealth detection ring as big as the eye of sauron? bigger or smaller?

Angeroth2019

• Hobbit
« Antwort #395 am: 5. Mai 2019, 08:26 »
Greetings, companions of Edain!

If you have any questions for the Edain team, this is the place to ask :)
Note, however, that this is not the place for mod suggestions - we have our very expansive suggestion forums for that! If you need technical support, please check out the Edain support forums.
Hello guys I'm new here in your website I'd like first of all thank you for creating such a good website and the mods that the players are playing thank you for that, however I unfortunately am having a lot of difficulties trying to play the game because I am with windows 10 I've been watching Youtube videos to try and get some tips and ideas how to play Edain Mod but to no success did I even get to start it so I am here pleading for you to help me get access to this game for I've been trying to play this game for quite some time now. Please Edain team I need your help. Thank you.

« Letzte Änderung: 5. Mai 2019, 14:08 von FG15 »

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #396 am: 5. Mai 2019, 14:07 »
I have a faction specific question here it goes

playing as mordor is really fun I like it for the most part but one thing bugs me sort of

when you name a nagul as a ringseeker or whatever its called in game I see that it gets a name change and a fellbeast and it should get a stealth detection ring around it but without a particle effect or even a simple ring on the ground terrain I have no idea how big that stealth detection actually is.

is that stealth detection ring as big as the eye of sauron? bigger or smaller?
The stealth detection of the Ringseeker has a radius of 400, while the eye of Sauron has a stealth detection radius of 500, though its buff and debuffs only have a radius of 150.
(A normal leadership has a radius of 200 as another comparision)

Greetings, companions of Edain!

If you have any questions for the Edain team, this is the place to ask :)
Note, however, that this is not the place for mod suggestions - we have our very expansive suggestion forums for that! If you need technical support, please check out the Edain support forums.
Hello guys I'm new here in your website I'd like first of all thank you for creating such a good website and the mods that the players are playing thank you for that, however I unfortunately am having a lot of difficulties trying to play the game because I am with windows 10 I've been watching Youtube videos to try and get some tips and ideas how to play Edain Mod but to no success did I even get to start it so I am here pleading for you to help me get access to this game for I've been trying to play this game for quite some time now. Please Edain team I need your help. Thank you.
Without knowing your exact problem, we can't really help you. Also, I'd suggest visiting our support board, where you might find similar problems and solutions.

Quillman

• Hobbit
« Antwort #397 am: 20. Mai 2019, 17:47 »
Hey!!

First of all thanks for this amazing mod! I do have a question, I installed it like 10 minutes ago. So when I started up Edain I saw the campaign was gone, I was prepared for this and I saw you guys made a version for the Edain! So I installed "___Campaignremasterd" and put it in the file. When I open it up I'm suprised as I see "the war of the dwarves" and "the hobbit" but not the rise of the witch king. Did I do something wrong?

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #398 am: 20. Mai 2019, 18:10 »
The Angmar Campaign submod is as the name says a submod and therefore not made by the Edain Team itself, but by different people.

Nonetheless, the campaign labels weren't renamed in the submod, therefore they have just wrong names.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #399 am: 17. Sep 2019, 01:05 »
What does Eowyn's diguise actually do? I see there is code for a stealthing ability but I haven't found how to trigger it.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #400 am: 17. Sep 2019, 15:23 »
Never really tested the code myself, but apparently her disguise changes what object she is displayed as. So for the own player it is just a different Eowyn version, and for the enemy a Rohirrim horde.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #401 am: 17. Sep 2019, 15:30 »
I did see that bit in 2.01, but it looks like in Edain it was changed back to simply displaying her as Mounted Eowyn for everyone. I also checked by giving an Eowyn to the AI and having them trigger her disguise and she still appeared as Eowyn to me.

2.01 Code
Behavior = SpecialDisguiseUpdate ModuleTag_SpecialDisguiseUpdateUpdate               
  DisguiseAsTemplate = RohanEowynDisguised
  DisguisedAsTemplate_EnemyPerspective = RohanRohirrimHorde
End
Edain Code
Behavior = SpecialDisguiseUpdate ModuleTag_SpecialDisguiseUpdateUpdate               
         DisguiseAsTemplate      = RohanEowyn_mod ;;;RohanEowynDisguised_mod
         DisguisedAsTemplate_EnemyPerspective = RohanEowyn_mod ;;; RohanRohirrimHorde
    End

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #402 am: 17. Sep 2019, 15:33 »
The Edain one uses scripts to give her the upgrade Upgrade_EowynConditionSt ealthe, while she is disguised. And that upgrade activates the stealth.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #403 am: 30. Nov 2019, 14:55 »
Would it be possible to get some clarification and examples on the following submod rule:
Zitat
Contents from past versions of Edain, which aren't included anymore, are not allowed to be used.

Does that include any unit/ability/building/hero, ect... from previous versions that are not currently obtainable in 4.4.1? For example, the dark elf units cannot be obtained in the mod but their unit object remains in the mod, would a submod be able to make them recruitable?

And to go further back, in some version of edain Zaphragor could only be killed by fire and magic, would re-implementing that within a submod be forbidden?

Basically, I'd like some clarification if possible on the meaning of "content" to understand what it englobes and on "includes" to see where the line is drawn on content, whether it is purely concepts that are no longer present in any shape or form in the mod or content which is currently unobtainable through normal gameplay.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #404 am: 30. Nov 2019, 17:13 »
"include" means basically you aren't allowed to use files from any other Edain version, but the current.

The dark elves are still part of the game files. Therefore, it wouldn't be a problem for a submod to make them available again.

Using a map which isn't part of Edain anymore and not part of the maps.big would be forbidden, or a model, skin, graphic and so on. That is the main meaning for the rule.

The example of Zaphragor is a bit more difficult. Basically implementing it yourself would be ok, just copying the code might be a problem. (Of course not in this case, but depending on what it is that is readded it might be a more difficult case).

Moreover, as submods have to be allowed first, there might be some special specifications concerning the content. So if we are of the opinion thatZaphragor should never get that ability back, that might be forbidden.