28. Mär 2024, 17:17 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ask the Edain Team  (Gelesen 137445 mal)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Re: Ask the Edain Team
« Antwort #420 am: 24. Aug 2020, 08:41 »
No, that's not possible.

emil6011

• Hobbit
« Antwort #421 am: 17. Sep 2020, 16:52 »
Hey I would like to ask you if you could share me the skin file of gandalf the gray and if i could use the gandalfs gray skin in anoter game
 i mean this skin is what i would need. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/327178619858190336/756161575068631091/unknown.png

I need the skin for gandalfs model in warcraft 3 map the big fellowship quest. the map is free to play. i aswell create it for free but i lack good skins.

video link for the map https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL8HXQisUgE

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #422 am: 18. Sep 2020, 23:14 »
Send me a PN with more details and we'll talk about it.

Le Sournois

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #423 am: 20. Jun 2021, 23:02 »
Hello,

I wondered if there is a way to put a timer in skirmishes, because a chronometer cannot be precise in showing the real time of the game due to every times the game is lagging with good settings.
That is interesting to know exactly at which moments Angmar builders or poneys at the travel camps appear and protect them adequately. It can also allows to make various challenges linked to speed.
Best regards,

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #424 am: 20. Jun 2021, 23:17 »
An ingame timer similar to the one that 2.02 provides is not any more accurate than a real timer and resets if the UI changes during the game.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Le Sournois

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #425 am: 21. Jun 2021, 00:02 »

Thanks for the explanation,
I understand why there is no timer in Edain then.

Le Sournois

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #426 am: 22. Jul 2021, 22:07 »
Sorry, I have one more question.

First of all, thank you for the release of the Edain 4.5.5 !
I have not downloaded it yet because I have some replays from 4.5.4 that I want to see again and I guess they may not longer work in Edain 4.5.5 and I'm not sure I did all there was to see in 4.5.4 yet anyway.
My question, though not very urgent is this : is it possible to return to previous versions like 4.5.4 or 4.5.3 once we have updated the launcher ? If it is not possible, I wil not update it right away.

Thank you once more, have a nice summer

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #427 am: 22. Jul 2021, 22:42 »
You can save your current files in a seperate folder, basically a duplicate of your current RotWK folder with all the Edain files in it. As long as you don't touch that duplicate folder, you'll be able to start 4.5.4 from there. There should be videos on Youtube explaining how to set it up.

The launcher doesn't offer any backwards compatibility, as we only support the current version of Edain. Everything else would be too much work.

Le Sournois

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #428 am: 23. Jul 2021, 11:22 »
Thanks

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #429 am: 4. Sep 2021, 01:09 »
I have a question similar to this last one. Are custom maps made in earlier versions of the 4.0 line generally compatible with the modern versions? I've found some that appear to work alright, but I'm waiting to see if any major issues show up; while others seem to crash automatically, but I'm not sure if it's compatibility issues or some bug inherent in the map itself irrespective of what version I'm running.

Like the last post was wondering, if it is, in fact, compatibility, it would, in this respect, be handy sometimes for Edain to have backwards compatibility or a patch switcher like ROTWK currently has. But I understand there's only so much that can be done.

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #430 am: 4. Sep 2021, 01:17 »
I meant to ask another question.

I've been wondering what it takes for a custom map to be approved by the Edain team and to be incorporated into the official list of maps. Based on older map packs by certain individuals, like Glorfindel23, for instance, and comparing some of those to their counterparts in the official list, it would seem like some of them are the same, and thus made it in at some point. Yet certain other maps that appear to be incredibly well made, like Glorfindel23's 7-level Minas Tirith map, are not included in the list of official maps!

If I am correct in this assessment that there is a kind of criteria to meet for this inclusion, what are the criteria for including custom maps into the official list of maps?

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #431 am: 4. Sep 2021, 08:25 »
I have a question similar to this last one. Are custom maps made in earlier versions of the 4.0 line generally compatible with the modern versions? I've found some that appear to work alright, but I'm waiting to see if any major issues show up; while others seem to crash automatically, but I'm not sure if it's compatibility issues or some bug inherent in the map itself irrespective of what version I'm running.

Like the last post was wondering, if it is, in fact, compatibility, it would, in this respect, be handy sometimes for Edain to have backwards compatibility or a patch switcher like ROTWK currently has. But I understand there's only so much that can be done.

Custom skirmish maps are generally compatible, more heavily scripted maps can become incompatible depending on what they change. If a map crashes outright then it's probably incompatible.

Neither backwards compatibility nor a patch switcher are ideas the Edain Team are interested in, they required a lot of extra work for minimal benefit. If you desire to play previous versions you can go to the thread linked below and download them as separate mods: https://modding-union.com/index.php?topic=35900.0
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Birds

• Edain Team
  • Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #432 am: 4. Sep 2021, 09:09 »
Most basic custom maps should work fine. Maybe some spells don't work, but thats probably all. Special maps more often have problems when things change from one version to the other, though it's usually a good sign if it doesn't crash.

As Necromancer said it's not really a goal of us to create a switcher for different edain versions.

As for incorporating community maps into edain, there aren't any real set requirements. I'm not even sure if there are any community maps in edain right now, not because we don't like them, just because there wasn't any real need for them. Maybe in future versions some community maps will be added.

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #433 am: 4. Sep 2021, 17:56 »
Gotcha. Well, it does appear like some official maps look exactly the same as some done by, say, Glorfindel23, such as Cair Andros. But isn't he one of your map designers, too...? I'm still very new to all this, so forgive me if I'm getting some things mixed up!

Anyways, if it counts towards getting any custom maps in, I would just like to say that I think many of the maps by Glorfindel23 and H4albarad would be great candidates for inclusion into the official list of maps. Maps like the 7-level Minas Tirith, the Rohan Open World map, the Minas Twins, Rise of Angmar, and many others. These maps I just posted in particular are some of the most unique and interesting maps, offering some of the most unique gameplay possibilities I've ever seen in a BFME game, and are some of the most creative and imaginative. It would be great to have some official support for these to take care of bugs and keep them up to date with new versions of Edain.

Malhakai

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #434 am: 5. Sep 2021, 07:07 »
Hi Edain team. Long time player of your mod, love it more than other mods of bfme. Always such in-depth details added :-)

I had a question, I recall reading quite a while ago that the Edain team were thinking of changing the finalbig data file to be more condensed. e.g instead of having to alter several ini files to change one thing ingame, it might only be one or two ini files.

Just wondering if this had already happened, or was happening?

I am learning how to mod, and quite enjoy modding Edain for my personal use (and am use to translating to English hehe).

Looking forward to your future releases :-)

Kind Regards,
Kai