29. Mär 2024, 02:58 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ask the Edain Team  (Gelesen 137480 mal)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Re: Ask the Edain Team
« Antwort #435 am: 5. Sep 2021, 10:43 »
Not sure what you heard, but our goals about the FinalBig files of Edain are the following:
  • keeping things seperated by content, where it makes sense, in particular depending on which files are likely to be changed at the same time
  • not letting a single file get too big, because that could cause many different problems
  • Smaller content updates should have a much smaller download size than bigger updates

I don't recall only having 1 or 2 Finalbig files ever being one of our goals. However that could be part of the smaller content updates only requiring small Finalbig file updates, because those usually only contain 2 or 3 real Finalbig files.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #436 am: 5. Sep 2021, 12:07 »
I think what you are talking about is the following:
With 4.0 we changed some of the places, where numbers for all the different values are stored. They are all stored at the same place right now. Before 40, they were saved all over the place. That's what we wanted to change and also what we did change a few years ago. :)

Malhakai

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #437 am: 6. Sep 2021, 08:51 »
I think what you are talking about is the following:
With 4.0 we changed some of the places, where numbers for all the different values are stored. They are all stored at the same place right now. Before 40, they were saved all over the place. That's what we wanted to change and also what we did change a few years ago. :)

Ahh, I think this is what I recall reading! Thank-you. I must have been reading old posts (getting over zealous reading ha)

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #438 am: 4. Okt 2021, 17:01 »
(sorry if this is the wrong place, I just joined today and I'm still figuring things out).

Will Edain ever reintroduce Historical Mode in WotR? Will the MM be included in it; and, if so, how will it be handled with all the (cannonically) dead MM heroes? Historical was my favourite mode and I do truly hope it'll be included one day (though I understand it may take a while, if it ever happens).
"The pool is up to the west-gate..."

Photti

• Edain Team
  • Seher der Elben
« Antwort #439 am: 5. Okt 2021, 22:38 »
This scenario will definitely come back after the rework. I love it too. The heroes of MM are a good point. We have not thought about that yet. Maybe we make an exception and take the WotR plus Hobbit timeline or we will find another solution. We have already given most of the MM heroes a role as name and thus made them a bit more independent of the timeline. However, we still need an other way for Bolg and Smaug.

PS: Welcome to the forum! :)
Danke an CMG für den Avatar und an Caun für das Banner!

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #440 am: 6. Okt 2021, 07:41 »
Thank you for the answer and the welcome :)

Its nice to know Historical will come back, with all the factions to boot.
"The pool is up to the west-gate..."