29. Mär 2024, 14:54 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ask the Edain Team  (Gelesen 137530 mal)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: Ask the Edain Team
« Antwort #45 am: 11. Apr 2015, 16:18 »
@ klantai:
Concerning the fortress:
I *think* yes.

You sadly can't use spellpoints that way, it's only possible to use them to buy spells.

klantai

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #46 am: 14. Apr 2015, 16:28 »
To Gnomi : thanks for answering : ).

About the spell points, if they can only be used to unlock spells, then how about this :
- one spell in the book would have to be re-purchased after each use to be able to use it again. Depending on feasibility, both the re-purchase cost and power of the spell would gradually go up with each purchase (for instance a summon that would bring more/better troops each time). It would thus serve as a way to get rid of excess power points, and as a nice evolving spell. Is it at all possible ?

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #47 am: 14. Apr 2015, 16:33 »
It would be possible to rebuy a spell this way in a veeeery buggy way. It would always cause many bugs.

It is also NOT possible to increase/decrease the cost of a spell.

klantai

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #48 am: 14. Apr 2015, 19:22 »
I see, well, that's too bad, I wish there'd been a way to deal with excess power points ^^ ; thanks for answering : )

Sporf_McGorf

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #49 am: 14. Apr 2015, 23:34 »
Is there a 4.02 patch in development? I know there have been a lot of bug submissions so far, especially in the text/speech translation area. Thank you, any update here would be great.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #50 am: 18. Apr 2015, 13:15 »
Just out of curiosity, since you gave battering rams to any of the factions of the demo, gave to the Misty Mountains an alternative of siege ladders and a battering ram for Angmar, will this latter one also have its peculiar variation of siege ladders?

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #51 am: 18. Apr 2015, 13:23 »
Is there a 4.02 patch in development?
Of course there is  [ugly] new patches are all what Edain is good for! *joke* 8-|
But seriously though, the team is always trying to fix as much bugs as possible.

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
« Antwort #52 am: 18. Apr 2015, 14:26 »
Just out of curiosity, since you gave battering rams to any of the factions of the demo, gave to the Misty Mountains an alternative of siege ladders and a battering ram for Angmar, will this latter one also have its peculiar variation of siege ladders?
Yes, the Misty Mountains will use goblin tunnel crews to tunnel beneath the walls. Check out what we have planned for the Misty Mountains in these two updates:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/news/the-road-to-edain-40-misty-mountains-part-one
http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/news/the-road-to-edain-40-misty-mountains-part-two

We are working on patch 4.02 at the moment, but as usual we can't give you a release date in advance.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #53 am: 18. Apr 2015, 14:52 »
@Lord of Mordor, you misunderstood me xD
I know the Goblins will have the Sappers to dig beneath the castle's walls, I was curious to know if Angmar will have some kind of unique variations to the ordinary siege ladders/towers of Isengard and Mordor (just like you did for the Goblins^^)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #54 am: 18. Apr 2015, 15:02 »
if Angmar will have some kind of unique variations to the ordinary siege ladders/towers of Isengard and Mordor (just like you did for the Goblins^^)

Troll catapults and battering rams:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/images/angmar-battering-ram  ;)

Skylarapas

• Hobbit
« Antwort #55 am: 27. Apr 2015, 11:27 »
I don't remember seeing something about this so I'll bring the question here.
Will you present an update for Arnor? Will it change further in the full version?

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #56 am: 27. Apr 2015, 11:42 »
No, Arnor will remain as it is.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #57 am: 27. Apr 2015, 11:54 »
Will you present an update for Arnor?
It is not necessary to have the update about Arnor when Arnor is already in the game. :P
Arnor is more or less equivalent for Gondor. There will be only balance or small conceptual changes. That's all. :)
By the way, welcome here.  :D

omar_avs

• Hobbit
« Antwort #58 am: 2. Mai 2015, 00:40 »

Hello good evening, first of all congratulations on this great mod, my question is, is there any possibility or that this mod will exist not only this English if we can not pass it to Spanish? because we are a lot of people both Spanish and surameriacanos. A greeting and thanks for your efforts in this mod.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #59 am: 2. Mai 2015, 03:12 »
Edain already reached a full english version after many years of anguish, because english isn't the primary (and not even the secondary) language for many team members. Nonetheless, a huge effort from the team and community was put to make it finally in English.
However, I wouldn't put much hope in any other language as finding other strong language bases (say spanish) among community and most importantly the team, is highly questionable (you can't really make a mod if you don't even understand what's in it).
I do believe that the team announced at some time that no languages will be supported other than German and English.
A free community group can still translate the mod to their language, but they won't have any official support from the team.