28. Mär 2024, 23:02 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ask the Edain Team  (Gelesen 137469 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Ask the Edain Team
« am: 28. Mär 2015, 17:20 »
Greetings, companions of Edain!

If you have any questions for the Edain team, this is the place to ask :)

Note, however, that this is not the place for mod suggestions - we have our very expansive suggestion forums for that! If you need technical support, please check out the Edain support forums.
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Mai 2016, 13:29 von Ealendril »
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: Ask the Edain Team
« Antwort #1 am: 28. Mär 2015, 21:09 »
A question!

Did you have a headache yet after the demo release, dealing with the armies of fans out there?  :D

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
« Antwort #2 am: 28. Mär 2015, 21:15 »
Not at all, this isn't our first rodeo after all xD However, it is the biggest release we ever had, which is a bit daunting I have to admit, especially because we're now trying to post everything in German and English at the same time. But it's also amazing to see how many people were looking forward to it.

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #3 am: 28. Mär 2015, 21:17 »
I definitely have. :D I somehow feel the need to answer everyone with their problems since I am the one who made the mod accessible through the installer and many of the now occuring problems could have been easily integrated in the installer - if we knew of them beforehand! :D

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #4 am: 28. Mär 2015, 21:26 »
@Lord of Mordor
I understand you. MODDB literally went mad this morning. all kind of people ranging from Australia to Argentina were on overdrive for the mod  (**)

@Turin Turumbar
I'm reading through the problems on moddb and most of them have (as far as I know) never occurred during the beta  :o
most problems with the asset.dat were due to new beta files or englishpatch.big problems. but as of the final version, everything was fine as it should be. Even Sweet FX never caused any problems  :D

many are getting some immense lags (which at one point I had) but I think it's a problem with Sweet FX and their DirectX.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #5 am: 28. Mär 2015, 21:52 »
Here's something interesting:
On moddb --- downloads --- Edain 4.0 Demo

bann154 3hours 7mins ago says:
would it be against the rules or the authors permission to post a torrent for the people who want it? Ive made one using burnbit.com and it is currently working.

Another thing slipped my mind;
since the demo works very well with the world builder, will anything like a custom-map-Edain4.0-converter tutorial be made in the foreseeable future?
maybe with an already-done scripts packages that just needs to be imported (and of course placement of the appropriate build plots).
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Mär 2015, 00:52 von Ealendril »

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: 29. Mär 2015, 00:51 »
Yes, there will be an update concerning this tomorrow.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #7 am: 29. Mär 2015, 01:35 »
A little suggestion:
is it possible to put the link for Edain support http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30407.0.html somewhere in the mod's description on MODDB? or in the download's description? or in the last news post? I mean somewhere were it's constantly visible for all who might have problems? you might as well put it on all those places  xD

The link for the support has been posted and got lost in the flood of comments like twenty times or so [uglybunti]

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
« Antwort #8 am: 29. Mär 2015, 09:46 »
Good idea, done :) It can be hard to keep a post visible in the comment flood at Moddb, this should certainly help.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #9 am: 29. Mär 2015, 18:53 »
Since it seems that the majority are having problems with SweetFX I was thinking that it may be better to remove it from the main package, and make it as an extra download. I'm not sure if this is a better solution. But I do know that it will solve at least 60% of the crashes people are having.
What do you think?

Shagrat

• Reisender nach Valinor
  • We are the... äh... THE KLATCHIAN FOREIGN LEGION
« Antwort #10 am: 29. Mär 2015, 18:55 »
as far as i have seen people can choose to install it or not... so why make it a seperate download if people just have to not confirm a single box...

It was at the Survivor Series that the dark path of the Undertaker was born. It seems like an eternity ago that the demons of hell passed judgement on the mortal world and unleashed a creature of the night so powerful that the mention of it's very name sends shivers down to the spines of who oppose him
You look into the eyes of the Reaper and you'll see that your fate is sealed!

Sollten Banner und Avatar nicht Synchron sein, einfach mal mit Strg + F5 aktualisiern

Leiter des HdR-Matchup-Threads

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #11 am: 29. Mär 2015, 18:58 »
simply because you can't expect people to use their heads all the time  [ugly]

I mean, have you seen the number of reports about the directX crash?! it's insane!

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: 29. Mär 2015, 19:04 »
Zitat
simply because you can't expect people to use their heads all the time  [ugly]
Yes, this is the main problem.^^ We will delete SweetFX from the Launcher, there are to many people with problems.

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
  • Es gibt nichts Praktischeres als eine gute Theorie
« Antwort #13 am: 29. Mär 2015, 19:58 »
Will Sweet FX still be avaiable with an extra download, its working fine for me! :)

"Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmenden Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der bestirnte Himmel über mir, und das moralische Gesetz in mir."
                   -Immanuel Kant-

Dank an CMG für das Banner und den Avatar!

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #14 am: 29. Mär 2015, 21:30 »
SweetFX will always be available from the original creators website. Simply google SweetFX and you will find multiple download links.