28. Mär 2024, 09:13 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ask the Edain Team  (Gelesen 137419 mal)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Re: Ask the Edain Team
« Antwort #30 am: 4. Apr 2015, 13:35 »
Ealendril has changed avatar.  Now has really epic picture with Gandalf.  8-)
And former Magneto is gone.
Question for him:
Do you simply like Ian Mckellen and his characters? Or there is some deeper symbolism?  :)

LordMaus

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #31 am: 4. Apr 2015, 14:15 »
when you will look at suggestions posts at your forum and make some feedback comments at Edain mod suggestion side ( by edain mod developer friends and demomodtesters ) ?

Here is my suggestions for mordor and isengard. Even myself I love my mordor suggestion much more^^ :

This is my isengard suggestions for Edain 4.0 demo to improve the gameplay more :

http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30592.0.html

This is my mordor suggestions for Edain 4.0 demo to improve the gameplay more :

http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30590.0.html

Note:

Please let me know what do you think about my suggestions, and please don't forget to make some comments there too, thank you.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: 4. Apr 2015, 15:00 »
Of course, we are looking look at these posts, but it is not necessary for us to comment this suggestions. ;)
Firstly, you present your ideas to the rest of the community. Afterwards we will watch and discuss this internally.

Zitat
Ealendril has changed avatar.  Now has really epic picture with Gandalf.  8-)
And former Magneto is gone.
Question for him:
Do you simply like Ian Mckellen and his characters? Or there is some deeper symbolism?
Yes, of course i like gandalf and ian mckellen!  xD All i have to say about this is:
If you don't revise properly...You Shall Not Pass!
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Apr 2015, 18:08 von Ealendril »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: 4. Apr 2015, 15:26 »
Yes, of course i like gandalf and ian mckellen!  xD All i have to say about this is:
If you don't revise properly...You Shall Not Pass!

I see.  :)

Maraelion

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #34 am: 4. Apr 2015, 16:37 »
when you will look at suggestions posts at your forum and make some feedback comments at Edain mod suggestion side ( by edain mod developer friends and demomodtesters ) ?

Here is my suggestions for mordor and isengard. Even myself I love my mordor suggestion much more^^ :

This is my isengard suggestions for Edain 4.0 demo to improve the gameplay more :

http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30592.0.html

This is my mordor suggestions for Edain 4.0 demo to improve the gameplay more :

http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30590.0.html

Note:

Please let me know what do you think about my suggestions, and please don't forget to make some comments there too, thank you.

If you continue spamming, you decrease the chance that somebody reads your suggestions and gives feedback to you.
It seems that your concepts are not good enough, in terms of content or language. Work on them and there might be people, who give you detailed feedback.

Octop01

• Hobbit
« Antwort #35 am: 5. Apr 2015, 16:50 »
Now that Drogoth is gone.Will you eventually add an armored Dragon or something like this.Because removing Drogoth doesn't automatically mean that you will not use his model and abilities.Im basically asking if you plan to do more with Dragons in general like adding the ability to surpress units with their wings to normal dragons?

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #36 am: 5. Apr 2015, 18:41 »
Now that Drogoth is gone.Will you eventually add an armored Dragon or something like this.Because removing Drogoth doesn't automatically mean that you will not use his model and abilities.

Yes, Drogoth is gone because he is non canon and mainly Smaug will be permanent hero for Misty Mountains.  :)
Two dragons in the one faction would be quite OP.

Also there is problem with roles:

Zitat
Buhrdur and Drogoth were discarded because not only were they entirely made-up, they also shared the same role of area damage dealers - a role that was also occupied by Smaug. We couldn't find a way to give all three of them radically different yet useful abilities (especially between two dragons), so we decided to keep only Smaug and make him more central and relevant as the faction's unique destroyer.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/news/the-road-to-edain-40-misty-mountains-part-two

There is no place for another dragon.
In addition,
smaller dragons are available on the outpost and one is in the spellbook - "dragon air raid."  :P

Im basically asking if you plan to do more with Dragons in general like adding the ability to surpress units with their wings to normal dragons?

Do you mean for small dragons? It would be quite funny, for example encircle the enemy armies and hitting them by dragon wings - unable to move.  8-)
I'm afraid that it would be quite strong.
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Apr 2015, 18:49 von TiberiusOgden »

-Mandos-

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Mess with the Best!
« Antwort #37 am: 5. Apr 2015, 18:44 »
The samller dragons from the outpost have some quite unique leveling system, so they dont stay small but get bigger and bigger until they are as big as a dragon should be. They are also able to fly on higer levels and have a fire attack.
A Túrin Turambar turún' ambartanen!
Túrin, master of doom, by doom mastered!

Octop01

• Hobbit
« Antwort #38 am: 7. Apr 2015, 03:27 »
But isn't it a waste to not atleast still use his model like for an upgrade to normal dragons?(Basically giving Armor to the Dragon).While never explicity described in the lore it does not mean that it never happend.And also i think, as of current the "normal" Dragons don't feel like they should.We all know that they can hit units with their wings too, just as Drogoth and we too know that they can spit fire while flying just like on the ground.You could balance that by making them cost alot more and limit them to like 2 dragons at a time.

CosmicPanda

• Bilbos Festgast
"Arnor" to be a STANDALONE Faction?
« Antwort #39 am: 7. Apr 2015, 19:32 »
I absoloutley adore this mod, great job Edain team! However, what bugs me the most is the fact that I have to play as Arnor on specific maps, they're such an amazing faction with some of the best skins in the game. I understand Arnor is (during certain times) under the same alligeance as Gondor, but I think you shouldn't limit the playability. Imagine being able to play Arnor vs Gondor on any map you desire (like a civil war)

I hope that you can see where I'm coming from, and I do honestly appreciate all you're hard work, so I would be so utterly grateful to see Arnor as a standalone faction sometime in the future!  :)

CosmicPanda

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #40 am: 7. Apr 2015, 19:42 »
I understand,
main problem for Arnor as a regular faction is that won't be unique and there is problem with only one spellbook. Arnor is too similar to Gondor therefore can not be as normal faction.
 Also there is space only for two other factions to the future.  :(
"Arnor maps solution" is really only one the most reasonable solution. And you can see that in the new version Edain team added many new maps for Arnor - for players like you who really likes Arnor.  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Apr 2015, 19:56 von TiberiusOgden »

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
  • Es gibt nichts Praktischeres als eine gute Theorie
« Antwort #41 am: 7. Apr 2015, 19:54 »
Well, I think except for Arnor and Men of East and South, all factions are included in the best way possible. So, sometime in the future, Arnor may be integrated as a normal faction. Of course you'd need some new, interesting concepts and new models, but Units and Spellbook are already there, sk a new Arnor faction wouldnt be completly from scratch.

"Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmenden Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der bestirnte Himmel über mir, und das moralische Gesetz in mir."
                   -Immanuel Kant-

Dank an CMG für das Banner und den Avatar!

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #42 am: 7. Apr 2015, 20:31 »
Zitat
So, sometime in the future, Arnor may be integrated as a normal faction.
No. We have already said that Arnor will remain as a map feature.
We can't add endless more factions, there is only space for around 2 more factions (otherwise the AI won't work). We are very happy with our integration of Arnor and have no plans to change this.^^

klantai

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #43 am: 8. Apr 2015, 18:51 »
Hello, I'm meaning to post a few suggestions on the appropriate board, but before that I need to confirm a few technical things ^^ :

Judging from some of BfME II fortress abilities, I'd assume it is possible to give a building one or even several active powers (like the catapult from the dwarf fortress), am I right ?
If I am, can one such ability use a targeting system (to apply an effect to a unit or building for instance) ? Can it be unlocked based on an event, then relocked after one use ?
Can a building use a toggle ability (like the units' switch between formations) ?
Is there any way Power Points could be invested in a consumable way : each use of whatever ability/spell/etc. eating a set number of points, never to return them ?

How easily (in terms of coding effort, hidden mechanics needed etc.) can all the above be done, if they actually can ? I wouldn't want to suggest things that are harder to do than their actual benefit ^^.

Thanks to any team member who'd find 5 minutes to enlighten me on the matter : ).

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #44 am: 8. Apr 2015, 20:33 »
So about the logo above a unit when it gets to level.

Is there any way you can remove the logo yourself?

I find the logo a little annoying.. It messes up the visual experience:/
And you can see a units is upgraded with banner carriers so i think its a little unecessary.
Elves! Men! Dwarves! The mountain will be their tomb! To war!