28. Mär 2024, 21:07 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ask the Edain Team  (Gelesen 137461 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Ask the Edain Team
« Antwort #375 am: 15. Mär 2017, 22:24 »
All do you respect, you can admit this patch took so long. I was wondering if there is a plan to make some chanings before Misty Mountains release like siege and power spell menu or it depends on requests of team members and players. I know Narya, Axe of Doriath, Woodsmen of Anduin, Guards of Orthanc, Ancient Might of Galadriel but is there any addition or accepted idea? There is not full list, this remains an enigma. I just want to know how it works.

May you pardon me, but I didn't understand very well what you're trying to ask.

There will never be a complete and definitive list of changes that could cover all possible plans up to the release of the Misty Mountains. It would be objectively hard to do that: the Edain Team could come up with overhauls and changes in any moment. What the Edain Team does do, instead, is to release specific articles concerning the changes which are to be, with the guarantee that those defined elements will be implemented. There's not another feasible way other than opting for periodic updates. This is the custom they have followed with constancy so far.

The 4.5 patch is indeed taking quite a lot of time, but that's justified by the considerable magnitude of the update itself and by Ealendril's departure, which doesn't make things easier for sure. Patience is the only virtue I could advise you adopt  :)

Just a few words about the concepts I worked on in conjunction with the Edain Community: apart from a couple of remarks by some developers, those concepts have never been rejected nor accepted by the Edain Team. That is, we didn't receive yet a final response. Once the main priorities are successfully sorted out, I hope we will know, mirroring Saruman's words, where our doom will be decided. Before official answers, those proposals shouldn't be regarded as actual future content.

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #376 am: 16. Mär 2017, 15:36 »
Thank you for your polite answer. I wanted to know how is the mechanism for changings and i understand that now. For the consepts i remember an expression which includes an acception. Maybe i am wrong i can admit it. I will consider your advise but the patience has never my thing :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #377 am: 16. Mär 2017, 16:40 »
Thank you for your polite answer. I wanted to know how is the mechanism for changings and i understand that now.

You're welcome. It's just the duty I was appointed to  ;)

Yes, Ealendril gave way to the Axe of Doriath proposal, but he's not an active member of the Edain Team anymore; I don't know the opinions of the other developers. Moreover, I also remember Lord of Mordor stating that he would be in favour of that typology (guardians) of units for Isengard; that was, however, before the proposal took the current shape and he was hinting at the idea in general (he therefore didn't express himself about details). Narya and Galadriel's Ancient Might didn't receive a response either. You nonetheless have to consider that, as I wrote, the Edain Team usually leaves the concept-conceiving process in the hands of the Community; they will formulate their judgment when they feel like doing so. And when the main priorities of their plans are satisfied.

You could thus see this as a test to practice your character and yourself too. There are so many possibilities in human nature and capabilities  :)

lubualo

• Hobbit
« Antwort #378 am: 30. Mär 2017, 00:01 »
Hello guys, I have a question about the War of the Ring mode. If I choose Mordor, my tasks to increase Sauron's level won't be considered as completed, so he will always remain in level 1; keeping me from using Sauron's Influence power for getting fire arrows (example). In skirmish, they do count and work properly.
I'm asking because I couldn't find anyone posting the same problem.

Thank you!!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #379 am: 30. Mär 2017, 00:11 »
Hello. I remember that the issue has already been brought up in the past. Yes, as far as I know, Sauron's unique levelling system doesn't work in the War of the Ring mode, lest technical implications and bugs make the whole situation more difficult than it is now (this mode is still quite susceptible to bugs, as the main priority is obviously given to the single-player and multiplayer modes). However, in light of a recent comment of the Edain Team, they themselves might experiment new features in the future, in order to come up with more satisfying solutions.

Darkmoon Dragoner

• Hobbit
  • Highlord
« Antwort #380 am: 13. Jul 2017, 17:46 »
When you spend the Misty Mountains, will be another race like np: Rhun / Harad?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #381 am: 13. Jul 2017, 18:30 »
Nothing has been revealed yet about the intentions of the Edain Team in regards of the two additional factions that might be added, after the release of the Misty Mountains. The Edain Community has already conceived very nice and consistent proposals, it's true, but you won't hear anything official from the developers before the completion of their plans (the Goblins). You are not given other chances than wait for further information.

In the meantime, I really advise you visit the Off-Topic board of the Prancing Pony section, where you may find the proposals I referred to above :)

Darkmoon Dragoner

• Hobbit
  • Highlord
« Antwort #382 am: 19. Jul 2017, 17:25 »

I have a question again.When next update? About 5 months or less?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #383 am: 19. Jul 2017, 18:39 »
I can't give you any precise indication of time, because it's not possible to predict a release. Generally, an update is announced a week before its actual coming, but only when most of things have been completed and are thus ready to be made available. Otherwise, you just have to wait for additional information. There might always be unexpected issues and new changes during the development process; due to this compelling reason, foretelling updates cannot be so much feasible. You may understand that.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #384 am: 24. Jul 2017, 16:53 »
Hi ET, since I'm working on a project regarding Durin, I have two simple questions about Durin the deathless:
1) Where does his voice come from?
2) who is the author of model and skin?
Thank you very much  xD

Edit: I just found the answer to the first question, the second still remain unsolved  xD
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Jul 2017, 18:28 von AulëTheSmith »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #385 am: 11. Aug 2017, 19:13 »
Gentle Aulë, I think I know the answer for your second question. It's more a guess, but it seems to be accurate.

As you may see, Durin's model is shown in the header appearing in Adamin's ModDB profile. The good, wise and old Adamin, whose lively presence I miss very much.

Amonrath

• Hobbit
DVD no longer working
« Antwort #386 am: 17. Aug 2017, 21:39 »
Hello guys. I'm new to this community. I just want to know if I can plain Edain Mod without the DVD. My DVD no longer works and the Fix Non Starting Games didn't help. Is there anything I can do?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #387 am: 18. Aug 2017, 00:04 »
Officially, the Edain Team does not support the usage of illegal copies, as that would result in unlawful behaviour from their part, according to German laws. Their forum might risk to be shut down and their project could be halted. You will not get support then, in the forum, because they can't provide you with help in regards of anything that is not legal.

Nevertheless, you should try to find other answers in other places of the wide web. If you search well and thoroughly, you may find what you're seeking for.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #388 am: 20. Aug 2017, 21:43 »
Gentle Aulë, I think I know the answer for your second question. It's more a guess, but it seems to be accurate.

As you may see, Durin's model is shown in the header appearing in Adamin's ModDB profile. The good, wise and old Adamin, whose lively presence I miss very much.

Thank you very much smartest of the moderator,  for your precious hint :) i will continue the work  as soon as i can.
I think, beside the departure of Earendil also the art of Adamin is missed very much, his models for Edain are so iconic. It's really a pity he's not active anymore  :(

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #389 am: 20. Aug 2017, 22:09 »
And, he was also very much acquainted with lore-related matters. I remember it was just interesting and formative to chat with him about anything pertaining to Tolkien's wide-ranging universe. Formulating speculations could go on and on through multiple replies, but the discussion was always vivid and lively: quite defined in regards with the object that was debated, yet enough general and far-reaching to deal with the generalities of Arda. The whole thing without any of the sides participating trying to claim the possession of the sole knowledgeable truth or defining who is a real lore expert and who is not.

Aye, I miss him very much :(