28. Mär 2024, 18:01 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: [en] Support Edain Demo 4.0  (Gelesen 229373 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
[en] Support Edain Demo 4.0
« am: 28. Mär 2015, 20:24 »
If you have any trouble installing or playing the new version, please describe your problems as precisely as you can, and we'll try to help you get them solved :)

Frequent issues and questions

1. The game crashes when I click Skirmish, War of the Ring or Network in the main menu.

This problem occurs if you had last selected a custom hero or a faction that no longer exists in the Edain 4.0 Demo before you installed the demo. There are three possible ways to fix it:

1. Open the launcher, go into the "Options & Tools" menu and click "Fix Non-Starting Games".
2. Manually delete the folder "My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files".
3. Disable the mod through the launcher and start the regular game. Delete all custom heroes. Then enter Skirmish and select Mordor as a faction. Enter the War of the Ring mode and select Mordor there as well. Quit the game and reactivate the mod.

2. I received a DirectX error when starting the game

This error is caused by the additional modification SweetFX, which we use to improve graphics. Uninstall Edain and install it again without checking "SweetFX" during setup.

3. My game does not start. The startup screen appears, but the game does not open.

This error can occur under the operating systems Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 because they don't officially support the Battle for Middle-earth.  To fix this, open the launcher, go into the "Options & Tools" menu and click "Fix Non-Starting Games". Error messages like "Insert the correct CD / DVD ROM" will NOT be fixed this way.

4. I have a lot of "Missing" errors instead of actual text.

You most likely do not have the base game installed in German or English. Edain text will only be displayed 100% correctly if your base game is installed in one of these two languages. Uninstall the mod and the game, then reinstall it in German or English.

5. I created an custom hero but I can't select it for skirmish.

To choose a custom hero, first click on his greyed-out name in the list, then press the first button of his name on your keyboard. This way, every hero can be chosen for every faction. If you hover your mouse cursor over the box where you select your own hero, a popup will appear that also contains these instructions.

6. The game crashes after roughly 15 minutes.

In case of unexplained crashes, first try uninstalling both the mod and the base game and reinstalling from scratch. If that doesn't help, post your problem in our Support Forums. But first, ensure that you are not running a crack or no-CD-patch. These are not compatible with the Edain Mod and should not be discussed in our forums due to their illegal nature.

7. Units in the game are pink or invisible.

Most likely this means you have a corrupted asset.dat. In many cases, this problem can be solved by uninstalling the mod, then reinstalling it. If you still have the same problem, try redownloading the entire mod and installing it from the redownloaded files. If the problem persists, please contact us on Moddb or in the Modding Union forums.

8. I can't play as Arnor.

Arnor is not a full faction of its own. Instead, it replaces Gondor on maps that have a thematic connection the war between Angmar and Arnor. If you select Gondor an any of these maps, you will control Arnor instead:

- Angmar
- Arnor
- Cardolan
- Carn Dûm
- Fornost
- Fortress von Amon Sûl
- Forodwaith
- Forochel
- Mitheitelspring
- Mountains of Angmar
- River Luhn
- Mountain Gram
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Mai 2016, 12:51 von Ealendril »
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
Re: [en] Support Edain Demo 4.0
« Antwort #1 am: 28. Mär 2015, 21:14 »
Updated with the most frequent issues and their solutions.

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #2 am: 28. Mär 2015, 22:43 »
Updated with 2 more solutions.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #3 am: 29. Mär 2015, 07:03 »
Hello Edain team xD I have just downloaded your mod, but I cannot figure out where the installer is. It comes in a zip file of course, and once I unzip it all I can do is run the launcher, which doesn't install the game. Clicking play Edain mod of course comes up with an error because the mod hasn't been installed yet. I looked through every single folder and I cannot find the installer. I also tried running the program without unzipping it and I can't, as it has no extension while it is zipped, so windows cannot open it. So I'm stuck on how to get this thing installed, and I really want to play it. I have screenshots of everything relevant I could think of, but your site does not allow me to attach png files so I can't show them to you :( I hope this isn't a stupid question lol  :D
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
« Antwort #4 am: 29. Mär 2015, 09:32 »
Hey, where did you get that download? It shouldn't be a .zip file, it should be a simple .exe file. Just run that, and it will install Edain automatically for you :)

You can get it here at Moddb.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #5 am: 29. Mär 2015, 12:13 »
I downloaded it from moodb initially, and it came in a zip file. I'll try following your link though  :)

Just fixed it, I had to manually add the .exe extension to it, after downloading the file it didn't have the extension. Same thing happened when I started downloading from your link, you might want to look into this. If anybody has the same problem by some odd chance tell them to rename it and add the extension manually. Maybe my computer is just a unique fucked up case  :D Thanks for your help!
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Mär 2015, 12:16 von Ealendril »
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: 29. Mär 2015, 12:16 »
Great, have fun with it!  xD

DarkStalker

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 30. Mär 2015, 17:12 »
hey i have a problem. when i start the Edain Mod, the news doesn't appear, and when i try to play it, the RotWK has benn minimised. What is the problem?

Dark_Númenor

• Wächter Caras Galadhons
« Antwort #8 am: 30. Mär 2015, 17:16 »
What do you mean with "the news"?
If it doesn't start i would recommend you to deinstall the Edain Mod via the included uninstaller (You'll find it in your RotWk folder) and reinstall it :)

Sincerely Dark Númenor
Vielen Dank an CMG für den tollen Avatar und das super Banner ;)

DarkStalker

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 30. Mär 2015, 17:31 »
I mean with the news are showing just text and is says: Label,label,Text.
The mod couldn't uninstall the files from the folder, and also the uninstaller stay in the folder

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #10 am: 30. Mär 2015, 17:33 »
Those "labels" show up when your launcher could not yet download any news.
Which files couldn't be uninstalled? And jeah, the uninstaller stays, the uninstaller can't delete itself in the system we are using.

DarkStalker

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #11 am: 30. Mär 2015, 17:35 »
I'll try it what Black Numenór said.

Found the solution. My notebook can't play the game in 720p as 1280*720, i don't know why, but in the other resolution starts...I could play 720p yesterday. I think nothing happened after that. :D

nothing happened :/ always minimizes it :/
EDIT: I have to wait when it's been minized :D run perfectly, but i don't know why does the games have to minimize it...
REEDIT: nothing...it doesn't work anymore :/

Edit by Turin: Merged the posts.
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Mär 2015, 17:56 von Turin Turumbar »

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #12 am: 30. Mär 2015, 17:55 »
Maybe your monitor does not fit with this resolution since it has lower dimensions in one of those two.
So you can play now?

By the way: Please use the edit function instead of double posting. Edited Posts will also listed as new ones for users so no need to double post. ;)

DarkStalker

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #13 am: 30. Mär 2015, 18:18 »
Yeah it works now. And I keep the editing thing in my mind :P

iofthesquid

• Hobbit
« Antwort #14 am: 31. Mär 2015, 01:34 »
Hi,
I have tried using the option to fix startup but I'm still getting a crash at startup.  Also, I didn't have this problem with 3.8.

I have tried to attach the error message, which I could only screenshot, but you have to rename the file to .jpg instead of .txt.  Any ideas? 

something about expected signed integer value with command points in the gamedata.ini file