18. Apr 2024, 22:24 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: [en] Support Edain Demo 4.0  (Gelesen 230987 mal)

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
Re: [en] Support Edain Demo 4.0
« Antwort #285 am: 25. Aug 2016, 16:02 »
Try updating again to see of any of your mod files are damaged.

Edhelharn

• Edain Betatesting
  • Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #286 am: 26. Aug 2016, 16:44 »
Hi Turin,

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried what you said on both the servers and it says no updates are available.

Edit: I am still receiving the same error because when I searched for updates it said I have the latest version. What else can I try?
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Aug 2016, 11:11 von Edhelharn »

jhallam1995

• Hobbit
« Antwort #287 am: 29. Sep 2016, 13:57 »
Hello!
Okay, I have tried to install Edain twice now and it all went totally fine but it still won't work.

Here's what I did:

I installed both BFME 2 and RotWK and updated both (1.06 BFME2 / 2.01 RotWK).

Then downloaded the Edain mod and it's launcher. Installed the mod, then launcher.
All worked fine so far.

Then I updated the mod and launcher through the launcher which again worked fine.

So then I go to press play and the exact same thing happened this time as it did last time. NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. The launcher disappears and a rotating loading sign floats near my mouse for like 5 seconds and then disappears. No game, no nothing. It's as if I never pressed play.

Any ideas what is wrong?
Thanks for any help offered!

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #288 am: 29. Sep 2016, 16:03 »
Did you press the "Non starting-Fix" button in the launcher?

jhallam1995

• Hobbit
« Antwort #289 am: 29. Sep 2016, 16:08 »
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I did. No change. I've uninstalled Edain and RotWK and am going to start again. I'll give an overview of how that goes in a sec.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #290 am: 29. Sep 2016, 16:15 »
Do you have a intel HD graphic? If yes, check this threads out:

https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,33654.0.html
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31635.0.html

Also in the german forum there is someone who has found an intel triver to fix this problem with win 10:
Zitat
Ich habe es mittlerweile geschafft, Edain auf Win 10 mit einer Intel HD 5000 (Surface Pro 3) zu starten.

Verwendeter Treiber ist
(Achtung bei Win Updates, da wird er öfters mal ersetzt!)

(gefunden in diesem Support-Thread)
https://communities.intel.com/thread/99097?start=15&tstart=0

Vielleicht hilft diese Information dem ein oder anderen...
Follow the therad.

jhallam1995

• Hobbit
« Antwort #291 am: 29. Sep 2016, 16:19 »
I'm afraid I'm not very tech savvy. I think that I have Nvidia if that is what you're asking about, so not Intel. Sorry if I'm stupidly wrong.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #292 am: 29. Sep 2016, 16:31 »
I just mean your graphic card. :) What kind of is it?

jhallam1995

• Hobbit
« Antwort #293 am: 29. Sep 2016, 17:41 »
Don't worry! I figured out what I was doing wrong. Basically the 2.01 patch for RotWK was one the EA link or something to that effect. That one wouldn't match with the RotWK retail game disc. Kind of weird, but it worked so hey-ho.

But, I encountered another problem. It might just be the map I was playing, Dol Amroth or something along those lines. Then whilst loading the skirmish it crashed.

The error script mentioned this:

Direct3D error 0x0x8007000e (E_OUTOFMEMORY)
16 addresses:
(unknown)(0): game.data+239838 (unknown) etc.
then just game has exited bye.

I'm hoping that it isn't a lasting issue and was just a fluke but thought I'd ask around.

Kind of weird, but the first problem was soon fixed so I have faith we can figure out this one. It may have been explained before which I'm sorry for if that is the case.
Any help would be awesome.

« Letzte Änderung: 29. Sep 2016, 17:51 von jhallam1995 »

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #294 am: 16. Okt 2016, 02:35 »
Not entirely sure how, but my launcher isn't allowing me to switch back to Rotwk 2.01.  I get this "Oops, something went wrong..." message telling me to report here with my event log.  However, it also won't allow me to add my event log here because it apparently not a .txt document.

Not sure what to do, so any help would be appreciated :)

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #295 am: 16. Okt 2016, 11:18 »
Just rename the File to .txt in the End and it should work.

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #296 am: 16. Okt 2016, 19:36 »
Okay, thank you.  Here it is.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #297 am: 16. Okt 2016, 21:22 »
A friend of mine got a weird problem. Basically, he installed the game and the mod successfully, and we also managed to play some games. However, the next day, he started having the 3.30 minutes autodefeat (he has the original game) and he couldn't fix it even by reinstalling it multiple times.

Mateiyu

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #298 am: 9. Jan 2017, 10:26 »
Hi all !

I've been playing Edain 4.4.1 since July (late comer, I know), and apart from a few CTDs now and then, it was running smoothly.

But recently, I have two major separate issues :
 - whenever I play with the Lothlorien faction, I can play for several minutes (around 40 give or take ?), and then the game crashes ("BFME has stopped working, etc...") ; this only happens with Lothlorien ;
 - when I try to play with Rohan or Arnor on a map I already played on before (hours or months before), I get an instant victory after a few seconds of game (not enough to actually do anything in-game) ;

On the other hand, I have no issues with the Gondor faction whatsoever (as of yet anyways). I haven't tried Mordor, Isengard or Angmar in a few weeks (too much work).

Anybody know what I should do ? Thanks !

Project Gnome

• Hobbit
« Antwort #299 am: 29. Jan 2017, 04:46 »
My younger brother and I are having an error where the game constantly loses synchronization during multiplayer in Edain 4.4.1. I have even copied the files over from my computer to his so that everything in our folders are identical yet the error persists.

We have spent over 12 hours reinstalling and troubleshooting the issue and cannot find the root of the problem. This does not happen in normal RotWK so it has to be related to the mod. It is rather aggravating because we really want to play the mod but we get a sync error 5 minutes in and goes back to the menu.