28. Mär 2024, 23:22 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: [en] Support Edain Demo 4.0  (Gelesen 229439 mal)

CoRt3z

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: [en] Support Edain Demo 4.0
« Antwort #90 am: 10. Jun 2015, 17:06 »
Number 1:

Because this is a demo. You can't play more factions atm, the missing ones will be in integrated in the future.
The next faction (which will come with the next update) will be the dwarves. :)

Number 2:
It could be that problem, as this version changes some more things ingame and is not the same as an official version. But you can also try to play on lower settings.

I downloaded that version since it has fixed the auto-defeat problem,i assume you recommend lowering the graphics in case the game overloads.I will try that out since my pc isn't one you'd call sufficient :P
Now concerning the factions this kind of confuses me since i've seen other factions...like mirkwood or another elfish one played in older versions like 3.8.1 on youtube .  So im asking this,say i get to download a previous version of the game,should i be able to play those factions??And if so,it should be worth it right?I mean this version is amazing no doubt,but i am so excited about all this new content you guys have added that i cannot wait until i've seen the full content of your work!

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #91 am: 10. Jun 2015, 17:31 »
Well, you can also fix the auto defeat problem with a normal DVD. :P

The other factions are available in version 3.81, but this version is not supported anymore and is (as said) an old version and many of the new things are missing there. But you can searchf or a downloadlink, there should be multiple working links in the internet.

CoRt3z

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #92 am: 10. Jun 2015, 17:58 »
Well, you can also fix the auto defeat problem with a normal DVD. :P

The other factions are available in version 3.81, but this version is not supported anymore and is (as said) an old version and many of the new things are missing there. But you can searchf or a downloadlink, there should be multiple working links in the internet.

I see,ehh,maybe ill try to be patient and wait for the new content to kick in,its so damn hard though,look at what you did to me! I CANNOT WAIT !!...You really need to  think about releasing a separate lotr fan-made game or something...I cannot even begin to describe how much people would welcome it into their lives !!Especially because its a game made by people who share a deep love for the movies!
Cheers!

mixovz

• Hobbit
« Antwort #93 am: 14. Jun 2015, 20:41 »
I can only play as Gondor, Rohan, Isengard and Mordor. No elves, no goblins, and no dwarves. I don't know about goblins, but Lothlorien should be a faction, but where is it?

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #94 am: 14. Jun 2015, 20:51 »
This is just a demo. Therefore there aren't all factions available, the other factions will be added in the future. For more information read this:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/news/edain-40-our-plans-for-2015
The next faction which will be integrated are the dwarves. :)

Amarok410

• Hobbit
« Antwort #95 am: 16. Jun 2015, 01:22 »
I recently downloaded and installed the mod.  When i tried to play the mod instead of the advertised more factions, i have less.  I can only play Isengard, Mordor, Rohan, and Gondor.  No elves, dwarves, goblins, or angmar.  The mod does appear to work for the remaining factions. 

The heroes are also not working right.  I made a custom hero who is of rohan design but rohan cant accept any custom heroes at all. 

I updated the mod twice, but it did not fix.  Do you know how to fix this?

[Edit]  I read that this is just a demo and not the full mod :( .  I hope the full version is released soon as it looks so beautiful.
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Jun 2015, 01:30 von Amarok410 »

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #96 am: 16. Jun 2015, 09:14 »
When you're trying to select a CaH with Rohan, there should be a Toolbox popping up in the middle of the screen with further instructions on how to select a CaH. :)

BFME2player

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #97 am: 21. Jun 2015, 15:29 »
I've been playing my mod for a bit now but it now doesn't let me start games, i can go on already saved games but not new ones. Any thoughts?

redsoccerball

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #98 am: 29. Jun 2015, 03:04 »
Hello, when I try to use the "check for updates" feature, I always get an error message "could not connect to server".  I am on the original 4.0 version and want to update to 4.1.  Help?

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #99 am: 29. Jun 2015, 10:44 »
Is your firewall or Anti Virus blocking the launcher or pinging? To check if the launcher has an internet connection it is pinging our webserver, some bad anti virus programs and firewalls tend to block pinging events, so that the launcher is thinking there is no internet connection. So which Anti-Virus / Firewall are you using?

redsoccerball

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #100 am: 30. Jun 2015, 02:52 »
Is your firewall or Anti Virus blocking the launcher or pinging? To check if the launcher has an internet connection it is pinging our webserver, some bad anti virus programs and firewalls tend to block pinging events, so that the launcher is thinking there is no internet connection. So which Anti-Virus / Firewall are you using?

I'm not sure if my response the first try worked, it caused some this or that error...

Thanks for the quick reply!

I just have Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Firewall, running on Windows 7.  I have allowed all BFME titles (including ROTWK) through the firewall. Not sure what else to do..

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #101 am: 30. Jun 2015, 12:17 »
Ok, just run a quick test.
Click on the start menu button and write "cmd.exe" in the searchbar. Open it. Write "ping modding-union.com" in the command line. Is the ping getting through?

Prince Imrahil

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #102 am: 30. Jun 2015, 16:42 »
Hi, so I re-installed ROTWK and the 2,01 patch. which runds fine. And I just tried re-installing edain, and I get this message;
"The program can't startbecause MFC&1.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem"
Ideas?

redsoccerball

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #103 am: 30. Jun 2015, 18:18 »
Ok, just run a quick test.
Click on the start menu button and write "cmd.exe" in the searchbar. Open it. Write "ping modding-union.com" in the command line. Is the ping getting through?

Nope! when I told it to ping, it attempted pinging 4 times, and each time within about 5 seconds said "request timed out". 

"Ping statistics for 185.21.100.70:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 <100% loss>"

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #104 am: 30. Jun 2015, 18:42 »
Well then there is clearly something blocking pinging on your system. Could be your Firewall, Antivirus or even your router. So you need to make sure that pinging is working and you can download the mod via the launcher.