19. Apr 2024, 05:00 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: [en] Support Edain Demo 4.0  (Gelesen 231024 mal)

eldarion002

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: [en] Support Edain Demo 4.0
« Antwort #150 am: 14. Aug 2015, 18:59 »
Hello,

I have a problem when I want to update the mod, I have an error message that appears:. "Could not connect to server"
What to do to be able to update the game?

Thank you in advance !

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #151 am: 14. Aug 2015, 19:13 »
Make sure your firewall are anti virus is not blocking the launcher. The launcher is using a ping to check if it is online, if this ping fails it gives you this messaging. So allow pinging and internet access for the launcher and everything should work fine.

I am going to release an update for the launcher within the next few days which also alternates the way it searches for updates so that it is also possible with computers where pinging is blocked, internet access is needed nethertheless.

Spark

• Hobbit
« Antwort #152 am: 15. Aug 2015, 06:58 »
Okay so I tried making an exception for AVG and I still can't connect to the server to download the 4.1 demo. I know I'm not the only one with this problem so if I can please get some help some possible solutions, that would be great. Because I'm just about ready to give up.

Or alternatively could someone just point me to a download for 4.1 without a server connection?

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #153 am: 15. Aug 2015, 11:21 »
There is no need to create multiple new threads because of this, so I deleted one and merged the other with the support thread.
AVG is a crappy AV, which blocks everything even if you make exceptions except the creator is making agreements with them. Clearly an AV creator who is all about making money instead of a quality product. So best solution would be to use a lightweight AV from a good developer which is not playing your mommy and forbidding everything you do on your computer, blocking pinging for example is just stupid. The best way to prevent viruses is using your brain.
If you do not want to use a proper AV then you have to wait. I am going to release a launcher update this weekend which has a second way to check if it is online so people with blocked pinging events can also update the mod via the launcher.
A setup download for 4.1 is not available.

eldarion002

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #154 am: 15. Aug 2015, 11:51 »
Even when I disable the firewall I have the same error message ...

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #155 am: 15. Aug 2015, 14:05 »
I just released the update. Since you wont be able to download it via the launcher itself, you can download the launcher update here:
http://modding-union.com/cf/mods/edain2/mod/dl51.php?URL=http://modding-union.com/updates/edain2/switcher/edainswitcherinstaller.exe
Updating should be possible even with blocked pinging now, even it is still not possible then there is still an AV or firewall blocking the launcher in total, not just pinging.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #156 am: 16. Aug 2015, 22:19 »
When I go on news at launcher, and then go to new one "Launcher 1.1.0.1 released", on bottom of text there is READ MORE >> link. When I click on that link, eadainswitcherinstaller. exe starts to download. Is this intended?

P.S. Nice music! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:52 von CragLord »

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #157 am: 16. Aug 2015, 22:29 »
Yes.

eldarion002

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #158 am: 18. Aug 2015, 18:34 »
I installed the link you sent me, but I feel that I am still under 4.0 because I have no dwarves among the playable factions ... I just noticed the little music, nice to passage of the launcher.

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #159 am: 18. Aug 2015, 19:09 »
Search for updates, there should be a mod update available.

eldarion002

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #160 am: 18. Aug 2015, 19:21 »
Yes but it always strikes me: Could not connect to server ...

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #161 am: 18. Aug 2015, 19:39 »
Did you try it after updating the Launcher? It is now working if pinging is blocked. If it still says could not connect than your firewall or antivirus is still blocking the Internet connection of the Launcher.

eldarion002

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #162 am: 18. Aug 2015, 20:56 »
Yes I installed the update that you sent me a link. And even disabling public or private firewall that strikes me the same error message. And antivirus avast I just I did not at all affected for a long time whereas before the mod worked very well, I could update it without the error message: Could not connect to server ...

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #163 am: 18. Aug 2015, 20:59 »
Weird, it should work easily then. I am going to send you some instructions how to get the update manually via PM.

TheKingofAngmar

• Hobbit
« Antwort #164 am: 10. Sep 2015, 04:59 »
Hello, the mod seems awesome but everything is in German for me. Is there a way to fix this?