19. Apr 2024, 01:48 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: [en] Support Edain Demo 4.0  (Gelesen 231003 mal)

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
Re: [en] Support Edain Demo 4.0
« Antwort #240 am: 3. Apr 2016, 19:22 »
I had put my game in German to be able to use worldbuilder then I poured out back to English but the texts stay in German :/

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #241 am: 3. Apr 2016, 19:26 »
- Merged -

Close the Edain launcher. Open it and switch language.

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #242 am: 12. Apr 2016, 16:21 »
Path of the Edain crashes whenever I try to launch the map. What location shall I choose to start ? Do I have to be the only player on the map ?

EDIT : my bad, I had to delete a file. It's ok now :D
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Apr 2016, 16:40 von Leri_weill »

maarwun

• Hobbit
« Antwort #243 am: 14. Apr 2016, 17:09 »
hi guys,
since i've updated to the most recent version (4.3.1) i've been getting the following error every time i open the launcher. I can still play the game, but it crashes alot (like at least half of the matches i play)
i've tried to add a screenshot of the error message as an attachment, but i'm not sure if it worked...
the error message also sais that i have to post the log, but thats really long, so i'm going to put it in a spoiler (i really hope i do that right too)
so, how can i fix this?

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #244 am: 14. Apr 2016, 17:13 »
The launcher can't get access to the options file of the game, that's why the error is appearing. Did you set it to copy protected?

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #245 am: 17. Apr 2016, 17:38 »
Just one question, I have reinstalled mod and after installation, my launcher is working (I can play game), but  I noticed these labels and text which are empty,
when I click on them and later I click on READ MORE >> option, this happens.
What have I done wrong?

Regards,
CragLord

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #246 am: 17. Apr 2016, 18:04 »
The news didnt get downloaded, probably because pinging is blocked on your computer. I am going to do a workaround for that in the next version

maarwun

• Hobbit
« Antwort #247 am: 18. Apr 2016, 19:04 »
The launcher can't get access to the options file of the game, that's why the error is appearing. Did you set it to copy protected?
where and how can i do that?

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #248 am: 18. Apr 2016, 19:12 »
Try the "fix non starting game" option in the launcher and then restart. It should fix that issue too. Be aware though that all your savegames and custom maps will be deleted if you do so and your settings will be resetted.

Statik

• Hobbit
« Antwort #249 am: 23. Apr 2016, 13:01 »
Hi
I have a question
i see many people playing edain mod with what looks like a "new selection layout" beneath their units, wich is the same color as the color u chose for your faction, but in mine it is still "the old one"
i dont know if im explaining myself right but i hope someone can answer me this pls
Thank You very much, and keep up the good work edain team  :)

bigeddu

• Hobbit
« Antwort #250 am: 25. Apr 2016, 14:44 »
Salutations

I own legal copy DVDs of “The Battle for Middle Earth, The Battle for Middle Earth II, The Battle for Middle Earth II Collector’s Edition” games and an Origin installator for The Battle for Middle Earth II, Return of Witch King (no optical disc required to play).

I recently had a brand new* OS and Software installation in my computer (after a disappointing Windows 10 experience).

My OS is a 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate version up to date. I am using a licensed DAEMON TOOLS Lite version for ISO / MDS images mounting.

Here is the problem:
When I try to run the games I always get the “please, use the correct CD-ROM, choose accept and start again the application” message. I get this message with ISO images mounted or with the original DVD in the optical tray. Even the RoWK displays the same message, and the installation is made from ORIGIN!

So I have to choose:
1.   I play with a no-DVD patch and, therefore I reject playing multiplayer or the EDAIN MOD
2.   I can’t play but I try to fix the problem.

Of course it is number 2 but after trying the “option.ini” thing, downloading a NO-DVD MDS mini-image and installing the EDAIN MOD 4.3 (you know, for the “maybe it fixes the problem” thought) with no success, I run out of ideas.
I think it must be a DRM or Secure Disc related issue but it’s only to blame Microsoft for something ;-)

So, is there somebody with a challenging spirit who are willing to help?

I understand Spanish, English and some German so feel free to write in any of those languages. Any contribution would be appreciated.

* Formatted partition.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #251 am: 25. Apr 2016, 16:42 »

This section is supposed to be the place in which general discussions about games and gaming itself take place. It's not thus the proper place to seek for help. Therefore, I will merge this thread with the main support topic of the Support Section  ;)

MERGED
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Apr 2016, 16:45 von DieWalküre »

bigeddu

• Hobbit
« Antwort #252 am: 27. Apr 2016, 16:39 »
Thank you "DieWalküre". And sorry for the misplacing ^^U

Éomer Éadig

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #253 am: 17. Mai 2016, 12:51 »
Hi Edain team,

I have a strange error on my laptop. I could play your mod fine up until now, but now I have an issue, which is strange since I did not change anything. After launching the game, the startup process is normal but when I come tot the menu screen, the game crashes. I get a notification that the game has stopped working and the game exits.

Now, on the menuscreen, I can see the menu buttons for a split second but when the background should normally show up, the game exits.

I have already tried the "Fix Non-Starting Games"-button, but all it did was revert my resolution to 800*600 but that did not resolve the issue. I am, however, still able to play the ordinary Rise of the Witch-King game, where this error does not occur.

Would you know what could cause this?

With kind regards and thanks,
Éomer Éadig

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #254 am: 17. Mai 2016, 14:22 »
Use the forums search. You either updated to windows 10 or updates your Intel graphics chip driver. If you have a dedicated graphics card then make sure this graphic card instead of the Intel one is used. You can do that via the drivers menu. You need to install an roughly two year old windows 8.1 graphics driver if you only have the Intel chip.