16. Apr 2024, 14:52 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Misty Mountains Bugs  (Gelesen 1603 mal)

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Misty Mountains Bugs
« am: 30. Sep 2022, 19:25 »
Post any bugs you encounter with the Misty Mountains here.

alexbarsspe

• Hobbit
Re: Misty Mountains Bugs
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Nov 2023, 13:00 »
Bolg - His attacks against a hero or a building, a monster are too fast. In one swing of the weapon deals 2 blows. When reaching 10 points as part of a squad, Bolg deals permanent splash damage.

Tom, Bill, Bert - The ability to "Make some jelly" causes a bowler on the field, but does not restore health points to the troll himself. Troll Tom, Bill, Bert in close combat has a low radius of destruction of enemy units.

The Hunter has too little armor. Having level 10, even a squad of orcs can kill him.
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Nov 2023, 12:26 von Elendils Cousin 3. Grades »

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #2 am: 15. Nov 2023, 12:27 »
The Hunter has too little armor. Having level 10, even a squad of orcs can kill him.
That's intended, he is a scout! The fighting is done by the elite cavalry he can summon instead.

Le Sournois

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 18. Nov 2023, 21:04 »
Smaug when he has the ring does not work as intended. His passive ability Greed of the Last Dragon which is the cornestone of his new power does work at all.

I simply tested 3 different pathes by making a save of my game when he was Smaug the Golden at level 4 because Greed of the Golden Dragon comes at level 5.

-The first time, Smaug the Golden was level 4 and attacked an ennemy building (a Gondorian citadel). I had 24 000 resources at that time

-The second time, with the same amount of resources, I pushed Smaug to level 5 before attacking the same building with 24 000 resources still

-The third time, I spend all of my money in units in order for my resources to fall at 800 and attacked the citadel when he is still level 4

In all of those 3 cases, there is any difference, (or a not small one due to the changing of level) to the amount of damage Smaug did to that citadel per hit

From that, my conclusion is that the main concept of his ring power simply just not work at all, because there is no reason that if damage isn't changed, armor would be changed differently, and indeed, Smaug the Golden doesn't feel more powerful then he is level 5 with 10 000 resources in the player's possession than when he is level 4.

That is I think the main reason he is considered so bad as a Ring Hero, and fall for example last in the ranking of Naodline, I think more than a concept problem, it is just that his main power mechanism is fully bugged that makes him so bad. With 100% more damage and armor I think Smaug The Golden could be considered much better, even without the possibility to fly.

I always wondered if the original and wonderful concept behind his "Greed of the Last Dragon" ability was easy to make work, but in matter of fact, it does not work for the time being.
-
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Nov 2023, 22:04 von The_Necromancer0 »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #4 am: 18. Nov 2023, 21:56 »
Thanks for the testing, bug was found and will be fixed for the next release.  :)
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/