29. Mär 2024, 00:39 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: War of the Ring Bugs  (Gelesen 11129 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
War of the Ring Bugs
« am: 29. Mär 2015, 05:42 »
Post any bugs you encounter in War of the Ring mode here.

Bugs
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Aug 2016, 10:08 von Ealendril »
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Fellowship

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "I Aear cân ven na mar - The Sea calls us home"
Re: War of the Ring Bugs
« Antwort #1 am: 10. Jul 2020, 23:37 »
Hi Edain Team! I was playing local War of the Ring with my brother and we noticed a weird bug. I was the host player playing as Lothlórien and he had joined the game as my Imladris ally. So, I had Celeborn and he had Elrond enter the Fangorn map in Real Time against a Saruman and Sharku AI. The thing is that, after the battle started, my brother was defeated in a manner of seconds for no particular reason. Then the battle ended and we could again play Real Time on the same map, in the same turn (with the bug still appearing). This happens only in the War of the Ring mode and not in Skirmish. We didn't encounter this bug before 4.5.3.

P.S. Thanks for fixing the Arnor/Angmar maps. :)

Helros

• Hobbit
Bug - War of the ring
« Antwort #2 am: 19. Jul 2020, 23:29 »
Game mode: War of the ring offline;
Faction: rohan;
Map: Rohan;
Enemy Faction: Isengard;
Enemy faction difficulty: hard;
Action: Isengar attacking the Rohan territory with Saruman and Ugluk, being defended by Gamiling;
Bug: Isengard does not build new units for the attack, builds some accents but does not make any army, and does not attack.

Helros

• Hobbit
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Jul 2020, 00:56 »

Game mode: War of the Ring offline;
Number of factions: 6;
Faction: Rohan;
Map: Dol Amroth;
Enemy faction: Mordor;
Enemy faction difficulty: hard;
Action: Mordor (A.I) is attacking Dol Amroth territory with Khamul, and the territory is being defended by Imrahil (A.I) and my troops without heroes;
Bug: Crash the game.

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #4 am: 15. Sep 2021, 18:03 »
I've noticed that a medium AI Isengard, if attacking Erebor and you're defending as Dwarves, will only focus it's attack on the neutral destructible structures (like houses and fountains).
  A suggestion for a possible fix would be to make these structures non-destructible and non-attackable.
  (Incidentally, I've noticed this happens with other AI factions outside of WOTR mode, too.)

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #5 am: 16. Sep 2021, 03:41 »
I never realized until now that those civilian buildings at Erebor actually provide small amounts of resources! So I understand better why the AI targets them. Nevertheless, the number of them causes their attacks to be focused on them for far too long, and they focus on them exclusively, even when I try to attack them, so that they almost never retaliate as long as those structures are up, allowing an easy victory almost every time over this AI.

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #6 am: 16. Sep 2021, 03:45 »
If you play as Mordor in WOTR mode, on the map Minas Morgul, against a medium Gondor AI, and you try to use the summon that lets you bring in Easterlings, the Easterlings do not appear anywhere, even with enough CP. (I've also noticed this can happen on a non-WOTR mode on this map and on other maps, though unfortunately I never bothered to note which ones.)

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #7 am: 16. Sep 2021, 04:45 »
As Mordor in WOTR mode, against a medium Gondor AI, attacking Dol Guldur you get the same problem of trying to summon in Easterlings, but also Southrons, even with enough CP.  I was able to summon in Southrons at one point, but only after a failed effort--and then without Mumakil. Another time I had a failed Easterling summon, I was able to see the fog of war removed where the troops were supposed to come in from, but only heard their voices that you hear by default without selecting them. I tried to select possible invisible units, but it didn't register the units at all. It's like they appeared offscreen or something.

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #8 am: 16. Sep 2021, 05:01 »
Looking at this problem a little closer, if you press the Select All Units button (Q for me) you can see the highlights of the units' bases offscreen (the colored circles that appear around the bottom of units when they're selected). If you command all units to an area on the map, then they come out from beyond the map.

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #9 am: 22. Sep 2021, 18:42 »
I played as Erebor against a medium level AI Isengard in WOTR and noticed a couple major issues. Several times the AI did not build on any build plots at all, so that, obviously, as soon as I got rid of their troops they lost pretty quickly. Other times, though, certain areas would cause them to lose when I took out their troops even if they had a citadel and barracks built. The most unfortunate example of all, though, was when I attacked their capital, Isengard. The AI had two large armies with two captains, one captain and it's army as reinforcements, of course. I had three.  I attacked, they sent out all of their first army, and as soon as I wiped them out I won.... I never even got past Isengard's walls, let alone destroyed Orthanc.

Birds

• Edain Team
  • Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #10 am: 22. Sep 2021, 18:51 »
The ai has some problems in the current wotr, but these things will get fixed in 4.6

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #11 am: 22. Sep 2021, 21:40 »
Gotcha. Can't wait to see the WOTR overhaul!

I also noticed that when you bring in a large army with Erebor on the Isengard fortress map in WOTR mode against a medium Isengard AI, a large number are offscreen no different than the problem I listed above with Mordor's reinforcements. So, if you hit Q, you're able to select them and bring them into battle for Erebor, but that seems to be the only way. Not exactly sure how many units I had, but enough to max out the limit for one captain, anyways.

Phantom01

• Hobbit
« Antwort #12 am: 27. Sep 2021, 12:19 »
playing as Isengard

1)the siege training building is represented by the armory and has the armory description of providing upgrades, also all the unit descriptions in the building are replaced by the ballista description

2)i got almost all of the real time made units (about 20 in 2 battles) for free, basically only paid for the custom hero and a couple of hunters here and there

3)not sure what happened but after a real time battle i had a bunch of 1 man hunter units? like, with a single model in the unit...

4)not sure if shield units are intended to count as an upgrade carried over from real time to campaign (did not pay for them either, see 2), but they did, and turned the "spear" unit designation symbol of pikemen into a "bow"

edit: not sure if relevant, but i will mention that while i have the latest update according to the launcher and also got the 4gb patch (because i had a previous crash and it seems to have fixed it) and changing settings does affect the game (changed resolution though launcher), i can not start the game using the launcher, only through the rotwk game icon shortcut that was created when i downloaded the rotwk game, though the mod does work and on the starting loading screen displays "edain 4.5" (should be patch 4.5.5)
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Sep 2021, 12:25 von Phantom01 »

Discord [BOT]

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Bridging the gap between Modding-Union and Discord
« Antwort #13 am: 6. Mai 2022, 08:34 »
Hello, I've been facing a bug on war of the ring were whenever I launch an attack with many troops, more than half don't show up, while keeping their cp cost. The army leaders also spawn out of the screen and can only be selected through their icon, and will be unselected in barely a second. For example, while playing with mordor, any troop beyond some orcs like trolls, mumakills and catapults would stay beyond the edge of the map, including the army leader and sauron. Also, any reinforcement power on these situations would take the cp space, but would not spawn on the map - perhaps they are behind all those troops who didn't entered the map.

NobodyPrime#4786 (<@410082396155674646>)
What is this? This is an automated account used to allow users on Discord to post on Modding-Union. Allowing them to make posts such as bug reports without having to have a Modding-Union account. The posts made by this account are not written by this account, instead, they are written by the Discord users whose signature you can see at the bottom.

How do I use it? This system can be used only from a discord server. In order to do so, you will have to join this discord server: https://discord.gg/5GhZezy. This server is also used to provide feedback for the bot.

Le Sournois

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #14 am: 4. Okt 2022, 22:10 »
The mission 2,3 and 4 of the new Good campaign crash when I click on "real time battle" I come back on the desktop with a message of error concerning an unkonwn command "command_SpellbookDwarven RuneProductivity"
The missions 1, and 5 to 8 work well