28. Mär 2024, 19:51 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Buildings  (Gelesen 3757 mal)

SRQPO85

• Bilbos Festgast
Buildings
« am: 30. Mär 2015, 02:39 »
I am a really big fan of the fact that you limited the ability to create structures in war of the ring skirmishes, but I feel that the retained ability to construct settlements and outposts creates some balancing issues, not to mention the AI seems to get a little wonky when you don't have farms for them to trash. Rohans gathering bell and Gondors fortress give them a very sizable advantage, not to mention the Mordors options. Anyway, I think it would be better if all building options where removed from said skirmishes.

SRQPO85

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Buildings
« Antwort #1 am: 30. Mär 2015, 13:42 »
So I now realize that not being able to build camps or castles was a glitch, which definitely explains it driving the AI crazy. Regardless, my recommendation would be to prevent building structures of any kind in WOTR skirmishes. I believe this would be a fun way to add some strategy and balance to wotr skirmishes. It would help make sure that the larger armies actually had a real advantage, that couldn't be nullified by a fortress with arrow towers and a barracks.  Opinions?

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #2 am: 30. Mär 2015, 14:36 »
quite interesting I'd say. but it would be much similar to Total War  xD

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 6. Apr 2015, 16:46 »
I totally agree, i think you shouldnt be able to build anything.

It would make larger armies have a bigger advantage as you say, but it would also make fortresses in fortress maps a much bigger advantage, which i think would add a lot, you would have to gather a larger army to besiege a fortress map.

I think war of the ring should be just battles, you spawn with an army and then use it to its full potential and not multitasking in the base, if you want to play like that, it should be in normal skirmishes. Ive always liked the fact that you spawn with your army and then its just about how you use it to win the battle, the fact that you can build stuff just defeats the purpose.

Plus ive always liked having battle about troops, i sometimes with my friends build up armies and then battle and the first player who reaches 0 command points loses, and then just quit the game^^

Bonus:
Also if this would be implemented in the future, i dont know if  this would be too hard to do, but remove all the creep lairs on the map, you just want to battle your opponent, the creep lairs purpose is to stall the game, but in this mode you already have an army and cant improve it in any way so the they are just completely unnecessary.
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Apr 2015, 17:15 von Azog The Defiler »
Elves! Men! Dwarves! The mountain will be their tomb! To war!

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #4 am: 9. Apr 2015, 22:12 »
The problem is you can't actually remove the creeps as that will also remove them from skirmish maps due that fact that they're that same maps used in both modes.

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 9. Apr 2015, 22:55 »
Well the creeps dont actually matter, it was just a bonus idea^^

But the other ones would be awesome!
Elves! Men! Dwarves! The mountain will be their tomb! To war!