29. Mär 2024, 00:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: DrHouse93's Map Pack  (Gelesen 39588 mal)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
DrHouse93's Map Pack
« am: 31. Mär 2015, 14:07 »
Greetings, companions of the Edain!

Welcome to the page of my maps for the Edain 4.X. Here you can find a list of all my works^^:

Emyn Arnen - Downloadable

"The lands east of the Anduin, belonging to South Ithilien, were guarded by the city on Emyn Arnen, home of the greatest stewards of Gondor during the early Third Age. The mounts guard the east shore of the southern Anduin. The Bridge of the Erui guards the west shore. Controlling those forts can provide a good advantage over the enemy"

The River Celebrant - Downloadable

"The Silverlode (Celebrant in Sindarin) is a stream rising in the eastern Misty Mountains from the Mirrormere in the Dimrill Dale, which forms the southern and western borders of Lothlorien. Only the power of Sauron could breach it"

For the Glory of Gondor map-pack - N/A

I've always thought Gondor has quite few territories and cities, despite being a great realm, where you can fight on. Furthermore, most of its maps are facing its northern and eastern borders. So that's why I want to make some maps related to Gondor, which show the heart of the kingdom: the southern territories.
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Jul 2016, 17:49 von DrHouse93 »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Re: DrHouse93's Map Pack
« Antwort #1 am: 31. Mär 2015, 15:34 »
I like to see another custom map and another well known user here!  :)
And what will be with the Pelargir? It would be really nice fortress map for the 4.0 version.
And Minas Ithil? Another fortress map.  8-)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #2 am: 31. Mär 2015, 15:48 »
Nice to see you, too, Tiberius^^ Don't worry, I didn't forget them 8-)
I'm just trying to figure out how to make Fortress map work properly, since they need to be settled differently from normal maps like this (I already asked that to hoho96, which posted the tutorial to convert normal maps and he's also working on his Carn Dum. He told me another tutorial is on its way, this time for Fortress map, so I think it's just a matter of time)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 31. Mär 2015, 16:28 »
Huh, another Mapper around here. Glad to see Dr.House here!  xD
This map is looking really interesting, like the small fortress on the right side. Could you make some screenshots with eye-candy? Like the small fortress or the river on the left side. Would be nice!

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #4 am: 31. Mär 2015, 16:39 »
Thank you Ealendril^^. I'm also working on two fortress maps (Minas Ithil and Pelargir, the former playable with Arnor) and I have other ideas in mind for the future^^
Right now I'm trying to help a friend to install the map in Windows 8 (it's the third one who has a problem with it >_>) to test it. If we manage to do that, I'll take more screenshots of the map^^

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #5 am: 1. Apr 2015, 03:14 »
Here's some screenshots of the map!

The city of Emyn Arnen, and two Nazgul approaching to conquer it

Building the Cirith Ungol Barracks, which grants control of the city

City conquered, closing the gates to keep enemies at bay

Building an outpost to guard over the city

The Necromancer punishing the Corsairs of Umbar for their stealing of the Ring

Reinforcements of Rhun arrived!

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #6 am: 1. Apr 2015, 13:06 »
Nice work! I'm glad the tutorial actually worked  xD

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: 1. Apr 2015, 15:14 »
It is really so nice map! Very pleasant environment inside the city!  :)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #8 am: 10. Apr 2015, 02:52 »
Greetings, companions of the Edain!

Today I'm happy to show you my first map ever made, forgotten for a time, while I was waiting for the Edain 4.0. Now that it's here, I'm finally glad to present to you: Minas Ithil, the Tower of the Moon
(Note: the map is still unfinished. It requires some more adjustements I will list below)

Minas Ithil, built on the western side of the Ephel Duath, was the ancient capital of the fiefdom of Ithilien and the home of Isildur

Main gate, outer view

Main gate, inner view

The first level

The Library. From here, you can recruit your heroes

The Ithil Embassy. This acts as a secondary citadel, enabling to recruit not only your faction heroes, but also external allies

The citadel, on the fourth level

"Minas Ithil was the name of Minas Morgul until it was captured by the Nazgûl. The Ringwraiths laid siege to Minas Ithil shortly after their return, in T.A. 2002, and they took the city for their master, Sauron (who was still hidden at the time). Minas Ithil was occupied by fell creatures, and it changed into a foul, evil place. As a result, it came to be called Minas Morgul, which in the tongue of Gondor means "Tower of Dark Sorcery". The Ithil-stone, was captured and later used by Sauron to influence Denethor II during the War of the Ring"

This map shows Minas Ithil at the full of its glory, when it was a mighty city of Gondor and the Nazgul besieged and conquered it. I created it by starting from the standard EA's Minas Morgul map, and I slightly changed everything to make it look like the exact twin of Minas Tirith, which at that time was known as Minas Anor

FEATURES
- The map is a 2v3 players. The player 2 starts in the third level, with the Ithil Embassy being his citadel. He controls the third level. If there's no player 2, the control of the third level is transferred to player 1
- If there's no player 1 (no human player located in the citadel), the city is controlled by a neutral faction, which will attack any external force which approaches it. This way, the map can also be played completely outside
- On the northwestern side of the map, there is an already unpacked outpost and beacon, belonging to a neutral army. However, if they're attacked, their control is transferred to the player 1
- Player 1 and 2 start with 50000 resources, but they just have 2000 maximum commandpoints, regardless of the game mode
- The players outside start with 10000 resources
- The player 1 owns two shipyards from the beginning
- The Tower of the Moon, since hosting the Ithil-stone, allows player 1 to uncover, for a medium period of time, a part of the map
- For the first 25 minutes, player 1 can't open the main gate, to give time for attackers as well as defenders to prepare their forces. If the timer expires, or the attackers attack the city prematurely, the siege begins, and the main gate will be unlocked
- The main gate has very high health. However, it requires a lot to be repaired

ISSUES
- I couldn't make the northern outpost unpack. It simply doesn't happen anything. And if I try to put in there three buildings as starting ones, the Gondor citadel doesn't appear (that doesn't happen for other standard buildings, such as the Barracks)
- Player 1 progressively obtain all the spellbook powers automatically, without doing anything
- In general, except for the first level, the city needs to be filled up with more civilian buildings, to give the players an higher "city-feeling" (you can see the difference by looking at the pic of the first level and the one of the citadel)
- I'm still working on the codes in the map.ini related to the Library, the Embassy and the Tower of the Moon

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #9 am: 10. Apr 2015, 03:08 »
Looks very interesting. I always thought that it would be awesome to see a "untainted" Minas Ithil. I'll definetly have to try your map! ^^

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #10 am: 10. Apr 2015, 08:08 »
Great map, can't want to try this one :)
It's good to see a new fortress map that has more than 1 player on the inside of the fortress.
RPG:

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #11 am: 10. Apr 2015, 09:38 »
Although I don't like the 25 minute timer that much and would prefer if you left it out, my first reaction was more like:

Looks awesome! I love fortress maps for several players.

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
  • Es gibt nichts Praktischeres als eine gute Theorie
« Antwort #12 am: 10. Apr 2015, 10:22 »
Looks absoloutley brilliant! (**)
I always wanted to play in Minas Ithil! :)

"Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmenden Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der bestirnte Himmel über mir, und das moralische Gesetz in mir."
                   -Immanuel Kant-

Dank an CMG für das Banner und den Avatar!

CommanderAS

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
« Antwort #13 am: 10. Apr 2015, 10:44 »
This looks fantastic!!
You can instantly see, that it's a former and "clean" Version of Minas Morgul.

Tief unter Tage, nimmermüd,
Sang Durins Volk so manches Lied
Zu Harfen, Flöten ohne Zahl,
Am Tore grüßt Trompetenschall.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #14 am: 10. Apr 2015, 11:48 »
Absolutely AMAZING!!!

though, my only concern is the ridiculous number of trebuchets throughout the city  :o
The timer can also be cut at least in half.
And I think the shores can be made a little bit wider to ease units movement.