28. Mär 2024, 10:24 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: DrHouse93's Map Pack  (Gelesen 39569 mal)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
Re: DrHouse93's Map Pack
« Antwort #15 am: 10. Apr 2015, 12:38 »
Well, the timer can be reduced. I set it to 25 minutes to give both sides enough time to prepare, but of course it can be reduced if it's too much time. However, a little time is required, just for when playing with the AI, which would definitely crush the invaders in few minutes if starting with 50000 resources and with the opportunity to open the gate
The trebuchets don't have long range. Those on the third level can't hit enemies in front of the gate^^
(Also, they're not equipped with fire stones from the beginning, that's just a visual effect present in the mod. They can be upgraded, though, and trust me when I say they're their only defense if the attackers arrive with a lot of bomb ships. Also, if destroyed they can't be rebuilt^^)
For the shores I don't know. Considering that I started from the original map, that was the original size of them. Maybe I can try lowering the water depth, but in that case I don't know how ships will look surfing on it (I don't know even what is the minimum depth required to make the water unpassable for troops and passable for ships, considering that right now the water depth is set at 80)
But don't worry, attackers have a lot of advantages to take over the defenders, which includes outposts, settlements, and especially Bomb Ships^^

LordMaus

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #16 am: 10. Apr 2015, 13:33 »
Man, this is really awesome map we really look forward to play your map at edain  mod 4.0

is this map working with edain 4.0 too ?

If it is possible we fans should like to order some cool maps that is made by you with is compitable with edain 4.0 too :

1)
Is it possible to make a cool " Black Gate " ( which is openable or closeable by players and AI ) related fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions ?

2)
Is it possible to make a cool " Doldulgur " fortress related fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions where good factions will start with a castle themself too ?

3)
Is it possible to make a cool " Cirith Ungol " fortress related fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions where good factions will start with a castle themself too ?

4)
Is it possible to make a cool " Minas Morgul " fortress related map fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions where good factions will start with a castle themself too ?

5)
Is it possible to make a cool " Helms Deep " fortress related map fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions where good factions will start with a castle themself too ?

6)
Is it possible to make a cool " Erebor " fortress related map fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions where good factions will start with a castle themself too ?

7)
Is it possible to make a cool " Isengard " fortress related map fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions where good factions will start with a castle themself too ?

8)
Is it possible to make a cool " Helms Deep/Erebor/Minas Morgul/Minas Tirith/Isengard/Dolguldur/Barad-dur and Black Gate " fortress related map fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions where good factions will start with a castle themself too ?

We look forward your reply to us, thank you for sharing this cool map and future maps with us

Note:
Please make these maps with enough settlements+big camps+captureable buildings ( resource generate ones and inns ) with really durable and high hp amount buildings+walls. We want to siege so hard^^.

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
  • Es gibt nichts Praktischeres als eine gute Theorie
« Antwort #17 am: 10. Apr 2015, 14:27 »
Man, this is really awesome map we really look forward to play your map at edain  mod 4.0

is this map working with edain 4.0 too ?

If it is possible we fans should like to order some cool maps that is made by you with is compitable with edain 4.0 too :

1)
Is it possible to make a cool " Black Gate " ( which is openable or closeable by players and AI ) related fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions ?

2)
Is it possible to make a cool " Doldulgur " fortress related fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions where good factions will start with a castle themself too ?

3)
Is it possible to make a cool " Cirith Ungol " fortress related fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions where good factions will start with a castle themself too ?

4)
Is it possible to make a cool " Minas Morgul " fortress related map fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions where good factions will start with a castle themself too ?

5)
Is it possible to make a cool " Helms Deep " fortress related map fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions where good factions will start with a castle themself too ?

6)
Is it possible to make a cool " Erebor " fortress related map fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions where good factions will start with a castle themself too ?

7)
Is it possible to make a cool " Isengard " fortress related map fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions where good factions will start with a castle themself too ?

8)
Is it possible to make a cool " Helms Deep/Erebor/Minas Morgul/Minas Tirith/Isengard/Dolguldur/Barad-dur and Black Gate " fortress related map fortress new map with 2 vs 3 or 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 versions where good factions will start with a castle themself too ?

We look forward your reply to us, thank you for sharing this cool map and future maps with us

Note:
Please make these maps with enough settlements+big camps+captureable buildings ( resource generate ones and inns ) with really durable and high hp amount buildings+walls. We want to siege so hard^^.

Do you have any idea how much time it takes to make a map? Any of these maps would take a very long time to make. And you think you just "order" maps? Its a hell lot of work and he can make the maps he wants.

"Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmenden Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der bestirnte Himmel über mir, und das moralische Gesetz in mir."
                   -Immanuel Kant-

Dank an CMG für das Banner und den Avatar!

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #18 am: 10. Apr 2015, 15:48 »
LordMaus, it's the third time you make these requests. I got the message

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #19 am: 11. Apr 2015, 14:33 »
Some new screenshots incoming:

First and second level completed, viewed from the right side

First and second level completed, viewed from the left side

The Secret Stairs, the way to get into Mordor

The main gate before the siege begins

The main gate after the siege began

Plus some more improvements:
- Mordor players can build, from Barracks at Level 2, Morgul Orcs. From level 3, they can build all the kind of Morgul Orcs
- Timer have been reduced to 15 minutes (not shown in the pics)

I still have a problem with commandpoints for Player 1 (as you can see from the pics. They should be 2000 >_>)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: 12. Apr 2015, 18:46 »
Looks impressive! ;)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #21 am: 12. Apr 2015, 19:02 »
Can't wait to download this!  xD

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: 12. Apr 2015, 21:25 »
Yes,
everyone likes pictures, me too, but I really appreciate your thoughts, intentions and final comments while creating map.  :)
So from me - big like!  ;)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #23 am: 14. Apr 2015, 18:28 »
1. For the highest/last level:
- wouldn't it be better to remove a layer of walls from there, as otherwise it would ruin the beautiful view from Isildur's tower (as described in the books  xD )
- IMO the tower in the moddle can  be moved onto the Fornost citadel for a better look (just a suggestion though)
2. And a (dumb, probably too dumb) question: why do you use 3-4 layers of low Minas Tirith walls for the inner Minas Ithil walls? Wouldn't it be easier to use the higher inner Minas Tirith walls instead? Or, the low walls are used for a certain look of the map  8-| ?

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #24 am: 14. Apr 2015, 19:00 »
@ThorinsNemesis, the Tower works similarly to the White Tower of Echtelion in Minas Tirith. It's not a real fortress, but rather the building where the Palantir of Minas Ithil is kept (and from where you can use it to see your opponents^^). On the other hand, the Fornost Fortress is perfect as as a citadel, especially if you consider that was mainly where Isildur lived, since at that time the capital of Gondor was Osgiliath, and therefore all the decisions regarding "politics" where made there (also look at Minas Tirith: there is the Steward Palace, where Anarion and in the Third Age Denethor lived, and close to it the White Tower, where the Palantir was kept). And don't worry about the walls, the tower is so big it can be seen from anywhere on the map^^ (indeed, a third layer of walls was needed to not make the walls of the third level hide the ones on the fourth xD)
For the second question, I thought about it and at first tried that. However, they looked lame, since if you notice, the higher walls on Minas Tirith have little or no bulwark, leaving the units, as well as inner buildings, exposed to attacks from catapults. So I chose to use the first level walls one above the other both for gameplay and for design^^

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #25 am: 14. Apr 2015, 19:32 »
I meant that it would look good if the tower came out of the dome of the Fornost citadel; but it still looks great the current way  :)
And yeah good point bout the higher walls and catapults, anyway, it still looks more unique with 3 layers of walls  xD

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #26 am: 14. Apr 2015, 19:58 »
I didn't understood what you meant about the tower, sorry xD
But I actually think it may be a good idea. I'll try that  ;)

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #27 am: 18. Apr 2015, 00:16 »
Amazing.

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #28 am: 2. Mai 2015, 20:40 »
The link doesn't work: there are no addons/downloads in that page on ModDB  :(

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #29 am: 2. Mai 2015, 20:44 »
That's because the EIC (where the map was loaded) doesn't exist anymore. I'll update it in these days on my profile ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Mai 2015, 20:47 von DrHouse93 »