28. Mär 2024, 22:23 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Which faction should be included next?

Dwarves
102 (25.6%)
Imladris
67 (16.8%)
Lothlorien
78 (19.5%)
Misty Mountains
96 (24.1%)
Angmar
56 (14%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 217

Autor Thema: Poll: Which faction should be included next?  (Gelesen 30897 mal)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Poll: Which faction should be included next?
« am: 1. Apr 2015, 12:33 »
Greetings companions of the Edain!

After you got some impressions of the demo, of course, we are interested in what factions should be included next.

You have two votes.

Feel free to explain in this thread why you have chosen it.

Your Edain team
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Apr 2015, 14:47 von Ealendril »

Derebond

• Bilbos Festgast
Which faction should be included next?
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Apr 2015, 13:10 »
I've chosen Dwarves and Angmar. I can't choose between Lothlorien and Imladris, and Angmar seems more complex than Misty Mountains.

But I think all factions are nice, and I can't wait for play with all of them.

Kraen

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Poll: Which faction should be included next?
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Apr 2015, 13:44 »
Imladris or Lothlorien. I think elves played more important role during the Lord of the Rings than Dwarves, Angmar and Goblins. It will also attract a lot of people, because elves are elves!

Elves deserve at least one faction in game as soon as possible.

Geralt2811

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 1. Apr 2015, 14:01 »
Dwarves to see what units they got and Misty mountains to check strenght of Balrog

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 1. Apr 2015, 15:21 »
Imladris or Lothlorien. I think elves played more important role during the Lord of the Rings than Dwarves, Angmar and Goblins.

I completely agree. And not only during the Lord of the Rings (or in the Hobbit), but even much more in the past.  ;)
Elves always have a considerable influence in the Middle-earth matters.

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 1. Apr 2015, 15:32 »
Misty Mountains and Dwarves!
MM are my favourite because of their unique building system and their epic new units!
And Dwarves because they offer 3 different factions to choose, and The Defiler has some unfinished business with them^^
Elves! Men! Dwarves! The mountain will be their tomb! To war!

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
  • Es gibt nichts Praktischeres als eine gute Theorie
« Antwort #6 am: 1. Apr 2015, 16:34 »
Imladris or Lothlorien. I think elves played more important role during the Lord of the Rings than Dwarves, Angmar and Goblins.

I completely agree. And not only during the Lord of the Rings (or in the Hobbit), but even much more in the past.  ;)
Elves always have a considerable influence in the Middle-earth matters.

During WotR the elves battled Dol Guldurand threw it down, but the dwarves held up most forces of the men of the east and south (mainly from Rhun,the Haradrim were mostly with Saurons armys) , without them the elves and men would have totally overrun.

"Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmenden Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der bestirnte Himmel über mir, und das moralische Gesetz in mir."
                   -Immanuel Kant-

Dank an CMG für das Banner und den Avatar!

klantai

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 1. Apr 2015, 16:44 »
I chose Dwarves and Lothlorien, because I'd really like to play them ^^ (especially Dwarves (though no thanks to the Hobbit movies : P), since I already liked what you did with them in 3.8 : ).

Realisticaly though, if we're talking about releasing 2 factions at the same time, it wouldn't seem proper to have 2 good factions released, so I would rather go for : Dwarves | Misty-Mountains, because Dwarves are cool (and their new city design looks awsome) and Misty-Mountains seems like the perfect enemy for them (and I'm looking forward to the many changes they got in 4.0).

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #8 am: 1. Apr 2015, 16:48 »
I chose Dwarves and Lothlorien, because I'd really like to play them ^^ (especially Dwarves (though no thanks to the Hobbit movies : P), since I already liked what you did with them in 3.8 : ).

Realisticaly though, if we're talking about releasing 2 factions at the same time, it wouldn't seem proper to have 2 good factions released, so I would rather go for : Dwarves | Misty-Mountains, because Dwarves are cool (and their new city design looks awsome) and Misty-Mountains seems like the perfect enemy for them (and I'm looking forward to the many changes they got in 4.0).

Yes, we are talking about releasing 2 factions at the same time, thats what the two votes are for! ;)

"Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmenden Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der bestirnte Himmel über mir, und das moralische Gesetz in mir."
                   -Immanuel Kant-

Dvar

• Hobbit
« Antwort #9 am: 1. Apr 2015, 19:45 »
Definitely MM and Dwarves. Both are ancient enemies to each other.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #10 am: 2. Apr 2015, 09:49 »
Imladris or Lothlorien. I think elves played more important role during the Lord of the Rings than Dwarves, Angmar and Goblins. It will also attract a lot of people, because elves are elves!

Elves deserve at least one faction in game as soon as possible.
Oh especially in the War of the Ring d owe forget the Battle of Dale what would have happen if the Dwarves fo Erebor and the men of Dale lost that battle!?And do we forget how the Dwarves were more ffective and helpfull during the Wars in te First ages against Dragons!?....And heled evn agaist the Father of all Dragons!! So I agree that Elves haev a significcant role and some times more but do not underastame Dwarves and their part in middle Earth history!!
So I chose Lothlorien and Angmar!I really want t oplay Lotholiren because of Thranduil and I really liked the look of their Soldiers in the Movies and can't wait to play them!While for Angmar I reall want an archenemy of Arnor and I really like te Witch-King in Angmar Faction! :)
P.S. I am most for Dwarfs but the reason I did not choose them is that I really hope that the Team will do soomething more with them... :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ELB27

• Hobbit
« Antwort #11 am: 2. Apr 2015, 10:03 »
I chose Dwarves and Imladris as I think they both offer a different gaming style and add to the variety of good factions.
As for the evils - I think Mordor provides a lot of variety gameplay-wise and also serve as the ultimate Enemy. Thus the goods need some more "color" to them.

LordMaus

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #12 am: 2. Apr 2015, 10:30 »
For me, it is " Misty Mountains and Dwarves " they are opposite each other and I would like to see the fight between these 2 factions too much; because edain team added many cool stuffs from hobbit movies from these 2 factions and they will add more ( I believe it because the blu-ray is released already so they have many hd versions for model detailing to add their mod^^ ).

I would like to fight against good with gundabad heavy troops send these big size goblin mercenaries and earth eaters ( earth eaters will open the way for gundabad troops to across from one point to other in the mean time earth eaters will knock back enemies and do some damage or kill some troops on the summon location. In addition, I would like to control the all kind of trolls used in the 3rd hobbit movie ( trolls like heavly armored, that no hands trolls but weapons on it like a berserker troll in the movie and so cool things that we were seen the 3rd movie^^ ).

I hope that edain team bring them all and we can command that all kind of troops.

Already my favourite factions are firstly mordor and secondly misty mountains ( then dwarfs and isengard are coming, I love to play with these mostly, it is more fun and crizmatic, you feel that you are really playing bfme lotr^^ ).

jiraiyathegallent

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #13 am: 2. Apr 2015, 11:37 »
im surprised there isn't many votes on Angmar their a pretty great faction
ha ha ha...... im not human anymore either,these tears of blood overflowing with rage....i went from sannin to sage! the hermit sage of mount myobuku! i am master JIRAIYA!

Maraelion

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #14 am: 2. Apr 2015, 12:26 »

There are not so many votes for Angmar, because Angmar has almost no hardcore fanboys like the Dwarves or Misty Mountains. In addition to that Angmar was not in the Hobbitmovies, so it has no chance against the film fanboys.
I like Angmar quite a lot, because it's an own and well done interpretation of the Edain Team.

Whale Sharku

• Dúnadan des Nordens
  • Sie sind wie Plankton für die Sense!
« Antwort #15 am: 2. Apr 2015, 12:37 »
Funny how this thread does not differ from the german one at all, except maybe the Misty Mountains a little bit stronger in this one ^^

I voted Dwarfs as well as Angmar both times. Can't really tell why, I just like those two very much...

gezeichnet
Whale

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #16 am: 2. Apr 2015, 12:46 »
I would like to see the Dwarves and the Misty Mountains factions released first after the demo, because they are the most diverse factions, have, IMHO, some of the best designs in the mod, and contain my favorite heroes (Thorin, Kili, Fili, Smaug, The Defiler, Bolg, and others) and two of my favorite towns in Middle-earth (Dale and Laketown). So my vote goes for them.
However, I would like to see the other factions Imladris, Lothlorien and Angmar released soon, too, as they also have some great stuff (fingers crossed we will get back the White Council Chamber  ;) ).

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

Kraen

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #17 am: 2. Apr 2015, 14:23 »

Many people are voting for Dwarves and Misty because of movies. =/

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #18 am: 2. Apr 2015, 17:20 »

Many people are voting for Dwarves and Misty because of movies. =/

I did vote for them, but not because of the movies, I don't like them that muchg (nor does the Edain Team). But they are both brilliant factions in Edain, and have really interesting Systems! :)

-Immanuel Kant-

Slayer

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #19 am: 2. Apr 2015, 17:22 »
I chose them because Dwarves are soooo coool :D
And what are the dwarves without their old enemies?
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Apr 2015, 18:33 von Slayer »

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #20 am: 2. Apr 2015, 18:29 »
I choose them because Dwarves are soooo coool :D

I agree, much cooler then these tree-loving elves! :D

Nah, elves (espically Imladris/Noldor) are cool too! ;)

-Immanuel Kant-

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: 2. Apr 2015, 18:58 »
I completely agree ... what are the Dwarves without Elves?  :D

I agree, much cooler then these tree-loving elves! :D
Nah, elves (espically Imladris/Noldor) are cool too! ;)

Of course,
Noldor are cool  8-) .... Especially "tree-loving" princess of Noldor (and the highest Noldor in the Middle-earth after Gil-galad's death) :P
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Apr 2015, 19:10 von TiberiusOgden »

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #22 am: 2. Apr 2015, 20:10 »

Oh, I laughed so hard! :,D

-Immanuel Kant-

Slayer

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #23 am: 2. Apr 2015, 20:42 »
Tóuche...

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #24 am: 3. Apr 2015, 00:36 »
I voted for Imladris and Misty Mountains because they could open up new scenarios for some "canonical" battles in the North of Middle-earth (the four demo factions are mainly focused in the south, except for Mordor and Isengard, who could've expand in the north if they had the opportunity)
Just imagine infesting the Eriador with the Goblins while Dunedain try to protect it, or even besieging Rivendell with Isengard, which is pretty close to it and Saruman also knows well its secrets^^

Grommosh

• Hobbit
« Antwort #25 am: 3. Apr 2015, 09:40 »
To be honest I like Mist Mountains and Angmar (mostly Angmar for the Castle and camp look) but in my opinion (even though i could only choose 2 I believe Mist Mountain's Angmar and the other Races In Middle Earth should be included. Each one no matter how big or small a part they played had a role in Sauron Rise and Fall to Power. Angmar you can Say Started it. NOW...I we have the Dwarves, and (i just like playin war of the ring) I like to play (has either Misty Mountains, Angmar, or Mordor) against Elves Dwarves and Men, with that being said I will say it again...WE should have them all in so we get to play each faction and choose the ones we like. 

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #26 am: 3. Apr 2015, 09:47 »
Its just about who to include next, in the end all factions are gonna be included! ;)

@DoctorHouse93: nice to see you here! :)
At last the english community from ModDB is taking over the MU! [uglybunti]
(On ModDB I am 'Saruman the Colourful'! ;))

-Immanuel Kant-

Grommosh

• Hobbit
« Antwort #27 am: 3. Apr 2015, 09:53 »
Its just about who to include next, in the end all factions are gonna be included! ;)

ok thank god...I still say Angmar or Mist Moutains Nest In My Opinion

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #28 am: 3. Apr 2015, 17:39 »

Nice to see you, too, Saruman der Bunte^^ (I guess "der Bunte" stands for "the colorful" xD)

Anyway, a question for the Edain Team. Does this poll have an expire date, or it will last until the release of the two winner factions?

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: 3. Apr 2015, 17:39 »
At last the english community from ModDB is taking over the MU!

And this is only the beginning ...  8-)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #30 am: 4. Apr 2015, 10:54 »
Right now the poll doesn't have an expiration date, we're still working on bugfixing for the current version. Once it's been decided which factions will be released next, we'll announce it and close this poll. Maybe there'll be a new one for the factions after that though :)
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #31 am: 6. Apr 2015, 18:59 »
Lothlorien and dwarves, as we already have one of each race, but no elf or dwarf factions.

LordMaus

« Antwort #32 am: 8. Apr 2015, 17:22 »
only one faction will come after demo ;not 2 factions at the same time ? :(

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #33 am: 8. Apr 2015, 17:33 »
Noone said that there is only one - we haven't decided yet. But when there is only one you don't have to wait so long... for two you have a bigger package, but have to wait longer.^^

xxmossymossxx

• Hobbit
« Antwort #34 am: 10. Apr 2015, 16:25 »
I personally believe that they will put dwarves and misty mountains in first, but I believe that at least one elf faction (not too bothered to who it is) should be put in as they had a larger role than both dwarves and misty mountains.

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #35 am: 11. Apr 2015, 01:43 »
Greetings companions of the Edain!

After you got some impressions of the demo, of course, we are interested in what factions should be included next.

You have two votes.

Feel free to explain in this thread why you have chosen it.

Your Edain team
I voted for Misty Mountains and Lorien.

Misty Mountains because the work done on it looks particularly AWESOME.

Lorien because I want to use Beorn and Thranduil, and I like the building designs you guys did.
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Apr 2015, 01:19 von Darkslayer »

emelmelkor

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #36 am: 11. Apr 2015, 17:34 »
I choosed Dwarves and Lothlorien , but I think they should add :
* Dwarves: all his faction + its alliance with Dale
* Elves : with its 3 Factions: Lorien , Rivendell ( Imlradis ) and Mirkwood , each with its own magic , though they have many similarities , but they are different in some ways all at once
* Harad : Men who help Mordor with its own magic , as they did in Rj - Rotwk (which admittedly created them quite well)

Finally : Angmar, it is important to know that wars were those generated Arnor

and I think the Goblins are a race that added in the "Battle for Middle Earth 2" just to add features, but not really there.
The goblins are just mere product of orcs mountains
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Apr 2015, 17:44 von Gnomi »

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #37 am: 11. Apr 2015, 17:45 »
You don't need to make your comment so huge. Normal size is more than enough, I have changed that.

DemonhuntR

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #38 am: 14. Apr 2015, 11:58 »
Voted Lothlorien and Angmar.

Lothlorien cuz it was one of my favorite factions and Angmar to balance out the Good vs Evil and it would be intresting to have an evil faction with a walled castle.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #39 am: 14. Apr 2015, 14:41 »
I chose Misty Mountains and Imladris  :)

As I wrote on ModDB, my absolute favourite faction is Lothlórien, but I want Imladris to be released before it, because Rivendell is my second favourite faction and, as a faction, I assume it wasn't subjected to many changes (apart from the game's system and some modifications on the heroes or units); while Lothlórien was almost completely changed and has many new elements from the Hobbit films, and thus needs, I think, more time to be refined and completed  :)

The Noldor are amazing anyway, and one in particular  :P

« Letzte Änderung: 14. Apr 2015, 19:00 von DieWalküre »

LordMaus

« Antwort #40 am: 16. Apr 2015, 14:04 »
the next faction will come out at 2016... and edain 4.0 will complete at 2020 with this speed :(

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #41 am: 16. Apr 2015, 14:50 »
Where exactly do you know from our speed?
You don't know how much we've already done and how much still has to be done for the next factions. ;)
Currently we are collecting feedback for the current version to see what people like and what they don't like - when we think that we have enough material, we can use it for the existing factions and can integrate it for the next factions. Otherwise we would integrate 1-2 more factions, then notice that there are things people don't like and would have to change everything for all 5-6 factions, therefore it would take much more time, as we have to change the balance for all factions twice and not only once. (of course there will always be small changes, but the essential balance needs less changes)
Therefore the factions afterwards will be released much quicker and need less work.

So:
The longer you have to wait for the next factions, the shorter the time will be you have to wait until all factions has been released. :)

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #42 am: 20. Apr 2015, 10:06 »
I vote for Angmar and Misty Mountains. I like evil factions. :D
I'm not a big fan of elves. xD
I look forward to Ered Luin but this is only 1/3 dwarves faction. Erebor and Iron Hills without movie design for units are not very appealing to me.

Chiska

• To err is human, to forgive divine
« Antwort #43 am: 20. Apr 2015, 11:19 »
Dwarves and misty mountains definitely for me. The loosely co-ordinated forces of the misty mountains is something I am eager to experience in game play, to discover their new mechanics and gameplay . The Dwarves too will HAVE to be added if MM is since the two are practically made to destroy each other. Further more the dwarves have a wide variety of units to choose from and some interesting strategies which can be applied.

LargeExodia

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #44 am: 26. Apr 2015, 04:31 »
I'm voting for Angmar and Misty Mountains
Misty Mountains because I've always had a love for Goblins and the new goblin faction looks just incredible with so many possible strategies and great heroes I'm getting excited just thinking about it

Angmar because of the mixture of Orcs Hillmen and Dunedain cooperating under the Witch-King to lay waste to the north is a beautiful thing and glorious walls...I can't wait to crush my enemies for the iron crown!

Dwarves_of_VFX

• Hobbit
« Antwort #45 am: 18. Mai 2015, 09:11 »
Dwarves because they are bad ass and because i have seen RuudDevil play a campaing with them and there are iron hills erebor and ered luin units

And Angmar couse of the witch-king ring abilaty which is a snow balrog
N.F

matt

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #46 am: 21. Mai 2015, 14:18 »
Silvan Elves, because they have a really unique building system and have to rely more on archers and support than most factions :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #47 am: 22. Mai 2015, 20:54 »
Silvan Elves, because they have a really unique building system and have to rely more on archers and support than most factions :)

True :)
Furthermore, the Wood Elves rely particularly on the Strength (Thranduil) or on the Magic (Galadriel) of their powerful leaders  8-)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #48 am: 3. Jun 2015, 21:34 »
This thread deserves new poll. xD
Dwarves are already announced according to results. ;)
Or poll will stay? So then probably will be Misty Mountains, Lorien etc. ... according to current results?
« Letzte Änderung: 13. Jul 2015, 17:00 von TiberiusOgden »