28. Mär 2024, 14:53 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Wall beacon expantion  (Gelesen 693 mal)

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Wall beacon expantion
« am: 10. Aug 2023, 17:53 »
Dear Edain team, as i wrote at ModDB

The idea came to my mind once i saw the new power icons/images; the beacon pic is wonderful!

The wall expansions could get an unique feature, a beacon, limited to one for all the game (as the dwarven fortress). This expantion could interact with its settlement counter part, using an active ability: Gondor calls for aid! summoning three or four battalions with timer and disabling the building for one minute after using it.
"Viva México"

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
Re: Wall beacon expantion
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Aug 2023, 14:56 »
The idea sounds great. I'm in favor :)

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
« Antwort #2 am: 18. Aug 2023, 12:11 »
An alternative Idea for the beacon wall expansion: The Wall beacon expantion could temporairly increase speed of units in a very high radius in front of the expansion (not behind it, not inside the fortress), so that allied units would be able to move faster to the fortress. Of course, the beacon would be needed to point in the direction of the units and not be on the other side of the fortress. So it doesn't effect a whole circle around it, but only a semicircle or a secter less big in front of it. That would also make it good as an expansion that would be built on multiple spots around the fortress because like this, you could effect multiple spots.

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 21. Aug 2023, 19:08 »
Hmmm that sounds pretty good, but in Isengard 'Some evil gives speed to these creatures, sets its will against us'  :D (didn't find the book quote hehe)

The mechanism you say reminds me of the passive ability given to the exiles at its camp.

The thing here is allies didnt arrive that fast, Gondor was pretty much alone, begging others to come. I get it will only be speed bonus, but when the suicidal mission of Faramir failed, its return was scary and painful. It was only until Gandalf appeared, the knights got a relieve.

Maybe it could work the way you say, but only the way of the settlement counter part you choose, thus this battalions could move faster.

The animation could be: lit the beacon, then an errand rider using the new mechanic of the dwarven resource wagon used at Dale, marking its road, arriving to the settlement, thus summoning the emergency battalions, that will move faster if and only if use the road previously marked.  [uglybunti]
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Aug 2023, 19:37 von AmosVogel »
"Viva México"

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #4 am: 22. Aug 2023, 13:17 »
I like the idea. I don't think it's technically possible to limit this kind of wall expansion to one, but it should work just fine even without it.

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 26. Aug 2023, 18:32 »
 [uglybunti] [uglybunti] [uglybunti]

^^
"Viva México"