29. Mär 2024, 07:29 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Isengard's Units improvements  (Gelesen 2987 mal)

LordMaus

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Isengard's Units improvements
« am: 3. Apr 2015, 16:43 »
Edain mod team developer friends and all other edain mod community mates,

I have some new isgengard units' ideas which can be bring some dynamics to game mod too. Isengard is already an industrial race ( I have thought some new units for others races too ;but I want to start with isengard first ). These units will be not same with current units’ and their features too. Therefore I wanted to share these with you :

1) Shield Package carrier units ( defensive purposes ) : These units will put " shield package " to any place for defensive purpose. The carries disappear after immobilize the " shield package “ otherwise thy stay whereever they are putted.

After that, you can combine “ shield package s “ with isengard crossbow units - until you take off them from " shield packeage " ( shield packeages can be destroyable – they help to absorb the some incoming damages and urukhai crossbow units are attacking behind it too ) . The units stay at defense positions. Like how we combine heavy shield units with other crossbow /spear / sword units; urukhai units can use it this ways too.
Your troops ( spear and crossbow carriers only ) make a line at this bulwark shield packages and they stop the horse attack ( if you put your spear units in it ) or like defensive tower feature your crossbow units cover you and that shield packages takes the first partial of enemy attacks too. Of course, it gets destroy after its armor and health becomes 0 ( like how we see the units health, here are 2 bars on that shield packages as armor amount and health amount indicator, these are very important factors for that shield packages that is carrying by isengard engineers until thy establish on the destinated location/place then thy disappear ). After that its scraps are going around and you can collect these to earn some money back that you spent.

2) Mine Laying units . According to barrack lvl – the mines you can put an arena circle will be increase . Mines will be explode when you cross over them or hit with catapults. Mine Laying units will be disappear after they lay out the mines.

3) Isengard cannon units. These units will be have an installization time to able to use these cannons ( isengard style ) to fire . There will be a limitation at producing these units .For exampla maximum 7 units. These cannons will be have 2 functions : 1st one is mobile ; 2nd one is turning itself into a cannon bunker which means there will be no option to turn into mobile version anymore ;and it will cost some money to do it ; and you can put 2 slot units inside.

4) Isengard heavily armored units ( with shields ) . These units can change their right hand weapons from sword to isengard style spears. These units formation will be like a roman shield formation ;and you can combine this shield formation unit with battering ram unit. We can see these kind of shield formation unit at “ Lord of rings : Two Tower ” film too ; while uruks try to reach to gate from outside if you remember.

5) After you build the saruman’s tower , you can produce the saruman’s human personal soldiers and servants to cover the tower and sauron only. Again from ““ Lord of rings : Two Tower ” film they were saying some informations about how saruman lived there ,for example saruman had his personal human soldiers and servants at this tower ( he was not let uruks too much close to him at his personal space ). Another thing there will be an option to build the saruman’s balcony on the tower that will increase the attack power and armor of around units ,like other races’ fortress researchable feature.

6)Isengard engineer units :Isengard style fences ;obstacles for defensive purposes. These fences and obstacles can be build by only isengard engineering units. Isengard engineer can build uruk bunkers ; fences ;and obstacles which will slow down the enemy units ( enemy units must be destroy it or go around them ). Obstacles will be a few kind of different style ( size etc. ) which you can can build – thy will cost differently too. These fences and obstacles will be isengard style ,of course.

7) Isengard scout units will be able to throw fire arrow too ;and there will be be an option to bombard a selected area with these fire arrows which helps to denote the mines around too. Isengard scouts are able to throw explosive arrows too but for it they need to re-magazine themself from isengard armory.

I thought other races’ new units too. To balance the game if we bring these really creative units to edain mod ( if gnomi and edain mod teammates allow it ). Each races will be have new different play style units which will be never same features as current units features ( these new units features will be ,according to, current races’ game play style in game^^ ). If you mates want to hear them out too please inform me; and If you want to see them in edain mod please support this suggestion please, thank you.

I appreciate the work of edain mod team. Without them this game dies for sure really. I hope they consider my ideas at this thread, thank you again. I will wait their comment.

« Letzte Änderung: 3. Apr 2015, 21:43 von LordMaus »