19. Mär 2024, 05:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The mystery of the user name  (Gelesen 15248 mal)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
The mystery of the user name
« am: 3. Apr 2015, 21:04 »
I started thread concerning our usernames (we can say nickname or simply nick, too).

Some nicks are very short, some nicks are longer. Someone uses two names. We can see combination of the letters with numbers.

Some nicknames are quite logical. The name of the famous person or character. Numbers as well - for example the year of the birth or current age.

But exists many nicknames, where is problem find out ... What does your nick mean?  8-) And why have you chosen such nick?

I hope that it will be funny thread  :D, and on the other hand quite interesting thread. Such nick may reveal some information about user.  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 3. Apr 2015, 21:07 von TiberiusOgden »

Shagrat

• Reisender nach Valinor
  • We are the... äh... THE KLATCHIAN FOREIGN LEGION
Re: The mystery of the user name
« Antwort #1 am: 3. Apr 2015, 22:31 »
Well... when i started on that site in 2009 i wanted a LotR name... was pretty uncreative (and still am in regards of Usernames :D)... wanted a bad guy... without numbers... Shagrat was available... took it^^

then for my others... that'll be fun... (only those that i didn't use only for Christmas... well maybe besides one and btw user names not necessarily in chronological order)

CM Punk - Straight Edge Savior: I am a Wrestling fan and straight edge myself

Blackbeard: when i joined the FdK (PotC) Mod i wanted a fitting Avatar.. and Blackbeard was an interesting Pirate.. he got used under value in the movie but still... unfortunatly the mod died since we lost our skinner and then also Souls-of-Blacks (Mod leader) PC broke down and he still has no Windows on it again

The Joker: one of my favourite Villains... he's crazy... he was voiced by mARK HAMill... nuff said (can't spell Mark Hamill without Arkham)

Alexander Andersen/Anderson in the english: i'm a Hellsing Fan and Andersen imho is an interesting Character and i didn't want to use Alucard since he is used by Reshef and the Major is not really fit for the MU i think... not yet...

The Norwegian Blue/Der Norwegische Blauling: i like the Monty Python Sketch
Grand Admiral Thrawn: Star Wars Fan and Fan of the Old EU (RIP :( i still wish for games in the "Legends universe"... e.g Strategy (EaW was great) and RPG... but EA...)

Undertaker - Lord of Darkness: see CM Punk and imho the Undertaker is the greatest Wrestler of all time... REST IN PEACE!

and then the Christmas Nickname (but also in my Avatar list) the Reichtangle/Das Reichteck (a joke that works in german and english... Rechteck/reichtangle): I like Polandball and especially those with the Reichtangle (http://i.imgur.com/58Ah8M2.png)

and then as a little extra: ModdB... the Major... Hellsing villain... totaly insane... not your standart "blabla4. ReichblablablaForTheFühr erblabla" run of the mill Nazi-Villain... great speaker

and i guess i'm done for the moment

It was at the Survivor Series that the dark path of the Undertaker was born. It seems like an eternity ago that the demons of hell passed judgement on the mortal world and unleashed a creature of the night so powerful that the mention of it's very name sends shivers down to the spines of who oppose him
You look into the eyes of the Reaper and you'll see that your fate is sealed!

Sollten Banner und Avatar nicht Synchron sein, einfach mal mit Strg + F5 aktualisiern

Leiter des HdR-Matchup-Threads

Lócendil

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #2 am: 4. Apr 2015, 01:54 »
Hey,
After I read The Hobbit I was pretty exited about Smaug and got into this whole Dragon thing (and Fantasy literature in general... before I just knew Harry Potter :D ). I read everything about Dragons and Tolkien that I could find and once I discovered a bit of Sindarin, I created the name "Lócendil", which means "Dragonfriend". This preference for Dragons isn't very unique and quite common for fantasy fans, but otherwise I would have searched way to long for a nice name... and I did not want to just took a name from a random figure, which were created by another.
Several times I thought about changing my name, but I think it's senseless and really annoying for the other users (isn't it Shag? :D ). Everyone here knows me for four years with that name and I don't think I could find another one that is worth the change now ;)

Somewhere we had such a thread in german, but I think it's lost in the depths of the OffTopic Forum :D

Edit:
Zitat
standart "blabla4. ReichblablablaForTheFühr erblabla" run of the mill Nazi-Villain...
I don't know shit about animes, but I always had exactly that impression of the major :D

Edit 2:
Shag, and don't forget the one who had to create the shitload of banners for every of your identities :D
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Apr 2015, 02:00 von Lócendil »

Shagrat

• Reisender nach Valinor
  • We are the... äh... THE KLATCHIAN FOREIGN LEGION
« Antwort #3 am: 4. Apr 2015, 02:04 »
Zitat
I don't know shit about animes, but I always had exactly that impression of the major :D
no he's just about war

Zitat
Shag, and don't forget the one who had to create the shitload of banners for every of your identities :D
i doubt that i have to feed your ego at the moment :P

It was at the Survivor Series that the dark path of the Undertaker was born. It seems like an eternity ago that the demons of hell passed judgement on the mortal world and unleashed a creature of the night so powerful that the mention of it's very name sends shivers down to the spines of who oppose him
You look into the eyes of the Reaper and you'll see that your fate is sealed!

Sollten Banner und Avatar nicht Synchron sein, einfach mal mit Strg + F5 aktualisiern

Leiter des HdR-Matchup-Threads

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #4 am: 4. Apr 2015, 08:38 »
When I first entered the modding scene in the Elvenstar forums way back in the day, I just wanted to call myself "Sauron" because he's obviously the coolest character in the story :P Turns out that username was already taken though, so I tried tons of different variations like "The Dark Lord" before finally arriving at "Lord of Mordor", which thankfully nobody had claimed yet. That was before the release of The Battle for Middle-Earth II, but it's stuck with me ever since. Even though here on Modding Union, I was the third user to register an account and could have chosen whatever I wanted [ugly]
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 6. Apr 2015, 20:45 »
Well,
maybe I should continue.  :)

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...." existed and still exist RPG schools on the motive Harry Potter. You can study in the Hogwarts, take classes, send owls to friends, etc.  8-)
I had interest about teaching there, but one of the conditions was, that you can not have the real name from the stories.
But I wanted some name either way ... suddenly I found the name Tiberius Ogden, completely unknown character.

Zitat
Tiberius Ogden was a former member of the Wizengamot (described as an elder member), but resigned in protest due to Cornelius Fudge's appointment of Dolores Umbridge as High Inquisitor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and the continuing campaign by the Ministry of Magic and the Daily Prophet to discredit Albus Dumbledore and Harry Potter.
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Tiberius_Ogden

So I used such name and I was surprised that it worked.  I was there for five years and it was wonderful experience. In reality I was only one person (from around three hundred persons), who had real name from the book.  :P

These days, I have quite nice and much more interesting nicks for example on Lotro online, but TiberiusOgden was the first nick for me and his character little bit corresponds to my nature.  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Apr 2015, 11:38 von TiberiusOgden »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 22. Mai 2015, 17:03 »
My username? 'Die Walküre' is a famous opera of Wagner, part of the cycle 'Der Ring des Nibelungen', and it literally means 'The Valkyrie'; it is also the composition of the legendary and famous 'The Ride of the Valkyries' theme  :)

Not only is Wagner one of my favourite composers, but also I think that his Art (because it is not 'only' Music) expresses all the 'spirit' of Neoclassicism and Romanticism of the Europe of that time, and somehow combines them, looking for a model of Eternal Beauty that never withers (what the Elves are, I think).

There are also some common elements that we can find between Galadriel and the mythical figure of the Valkyrie; they both aren't goddesses (or Ainur in Tolkien's Universe), but they are ethereal and holy creatures, both warriors and healers/guardians at the same time.
The Valkyries also have the task of caring about the spirits of the dead soldiers, and Galadriel sheltered the reborn Gandalf in Lothlórien and clothed him in White.

There is also an episode of Bugs Bunny, 'What's Opera Doc?', meant to be a tribute/parody of Wagner's operas, in which there is an iconic scene of Bugs Bunny/Brunhilde riding a white horse on the notes of Wagner's Tannhäuser, another wonderful opera of Wagner  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jDcWAWRRHo

Linwe

• Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #7 am: 22. Mai 2015, 19:56 »
but i thought, that Gandalf was reborned in lorien, in aman, valinor, wasnt it? i think so, but i'm not sure
Fire and Blood!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #8 am: 22. Mai 2015, 20:24 »
but i thought, that Gandalf was reborned in lorien, in aman, valinor, wasnt it? i think so, but i'm not sure

I wrote ''Galadriel sheltered the reborn Gandalf'', but that doesn't mean that Gandalf actually was reborn in Lothlórien :)

From what I know, speaking about the lore, Gandalf effectively dies after he slays the Balrog, but his spirit was revived and made come back in the World much stronger by Ilúvatar itself, because there are too much important and big things that even the Valar can't do (for example, crafting the Silmarils, reshaping the World, or, in this case, reviving completely a spirit of a Maia).

Said that, Gandalf awakens, forceless and weak, in one of the peaks of the Misty Mountains; then Gwaihir arrives (probably sent by Galadriel herself) and takes him to Lothlórien, where he is sheltered by Galadriel, clothed in White, and indicated by her as the new head of the Istari and the White Council :)

Caun

• Rohirrim
  • Come on! Shoot faster! Just a little bit of energy
« Antwort #9 am: 10. Jun 2015, 15:31 »
6 Years ago , i and my bfme friends founded a bfme2 rotwk clan. At this time my Playername was "PW1993"  and i wanted a new name :D
So i looked up what "ruler/lord" mean in elvish. That was Caun  ^^

Linwe

• Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #10 am: 10. Jun 2015, 20:54 »
Caun, witch elvish, it has sindarin and quenya, its not the same
Fire and Blood!

Caun

• Rohirrim
  • Come on! Shoot faster! Just a little bit of energy
« Antwort #11 am: 10. Jun 2015, 21:00 »
Sry, its sindarin ;)

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #12 am: 20. Jul 2015, 09:03 »
bookworm1138, the one i use on this site, is based on my love of books (i watched Lord of the Rings first, but i didn't really fall in love with it until i read the books), and the number is from George Lucas' THX-1138, which gets dropped throughout the Star Wars movies as an "easter egg"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #13 am: 20. Jul 2015, 14:52 »
My Name is Gandalf And Gandalf Means ............ Me

Darthxxxx15

• Hobbit
« Antwort #14 am: 20. Jul 2015, 18:41 »
very funny thread I really like the way locendil found his name, I have a friend who would have loved to call it that way also!

About mine I would have liked a nickname referring to sauron at the beginning, but i rapidly told myself that there must be already ten thousands Sauron already, then i thought to Melkor or Morgoth but because I was also playing Star Wars mods I opted for darthxxxx15 (15 because of my birthdate very originally)

And it started from a name quite coming from nowhere but when i wrote it, it has spoken to me...

But i must say it was very very interesting to see from where do come all your names, it quite speaks volume about what you are so thks tiberius!