29. Mär 2024, 00:08 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Epic Maps and some adjustments are needed  (Gelesen 2449 mal)

LordMaus

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Epic Maps and some adjustments are needed
« am: 3. Apr 2015, 21:34 »
I have some suggestions to share with you which we really need :

1)
In my opinion, there should be more historical battle for middle earth 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 style maps are needed and the good factions will start with big castles, like how is at 2 vs 2, 1 vs 1.

2)
There should be maps like this one too : " Every player will start on an unique castle/fortress/outpost like big minas morgul, minas tirith, helms deep, dol guldur, cirith ungol, erebor on the same map ( it is possible ;because there are some maps like that but there are not unique in many ways that edain team is making style. That's why, we need edain team members' touches^^ ).

3)
At 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4  there should be enough settlements and big camps. Because faction like mordor, it is mostly rely on settlement buildings to be more efficient in the game/battles.

4)
And at the castle maps, the good factions' castle walls and camp walls should be much more durable and more healts are needed ( it is very easy to breach their walls and destroy their buildings ). In addition for all faction's buildings, towers should be more durable against attacks too. Otherwise, in current 4.0 demo they are really weak / easy to destroy :(

5)
We need more 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 castle style maps too. I believe that most of edain mod fans and players love to siege.

Note:
  Let me know what you think about my ideas and suggestions above, thank you.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: Epic Maps and some adjustments are needed
« Antwort #1 am: 3. Apr 2015, 21:52 »
Such maps would certainly be interesting.
However, technically it's almost impossible to make them. A 4vs4 fortress map would lag as hell! the the damn engine limitations. with such maps, the armies would have to be really small, or the maps really ugly without details. that's why most fortress maps are 1vs1, 1vs2, or 1vs3, and in some cases 2vs3. more than that, it would be really buggy.