24. Apr 2024, 16:58 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Concept of Arnor heroes  (Gelesen 4168 mal)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Concept of Arnor heroes
« am: 4. Apr 2015, 16:49 »
I found that some Arnor heroes have a problem with corresponding role. They should be more or less similar to Gondor heroes.
 And after implementation Imladris and Lindon into the Arnor faction, individual roles for heroes are somewhere little bit disrupted.

Look at it more closely …

The current situation:

Gondor/ Arnor

Pippin/Carthaen (settlement) - Scout hero
Denethor/Malbeth - Unit supporter
Beregond/Araphant - Building supporter
Faramir (settlement)/Aranarth (fortress) - Unit supporter
Boromir/Arvedui - Tank
Aragorn/? - Hero killer
Gandalf - Mass slayer
Imrahil (Outpost)/Cirdan (settlement) - Unit supporter
Glorfindel (Outpost) - Tank

Main problem is that Arnor scout hero is on the settlement. Although he should be in the fortress like others. Scout hero on the settlement is quite useless thing for game play.

Well, theoretically Carthaen can be on the settlement, because he definitely is dunedain, but then his scout function is gone and there is needed new scout - for example hobbit from the spellbook (Gondor also has hobbit) … but there would have been too many heroes.

Anarath corresponds to Faramir. Carthaen is simply another dunedain ranger … so if Faramir is for Gondor on the settlement, then Anarath in the Arnor should be on the settlement as well. And Carthaen will be normally in the main fotress.

Another problem is - that in the Arnor currently missing hero killer, because Eärnur is now in the spellbook … in comparison to Aragorn who is normally in the fortress for Gondor. And on the other hand in the Arnor we can find two tanks: Glorfindel and Arvedui.

There are again some options:
1)   Eärnur will be permanent hero – but in this case is hole in the spellbook and again – problem with too many permanent heroes.
2)   Glorfindel for Arnor will have different role (similar to Glorfindel in 3.8.1) and for Imladris will be tank (because sons of Elrond will be hero killers there)
3)   Arnor simply won‘t have hero killer, although Gondor has such role.

So overall without useless interventions Arnor should have following structure of heroes:

Gondor/Arnor

Pippin/Carthaen - Scout hero
Denethor/Malbeth - Unit supporter
Beregond/Araphant - Building supporter
Faramir/Aranarth (both on settlement) - Unit supporter
Boromir/Arvedui - Tank
Aragorn/Glorfindel (outpost) - Hero killer
Gandalf - Mass slayer
Imrahil (outpost)/Cirdan (settlement) - Unit supporter

Shagrat

• Reisender nach Valinor
  • We are the... äh... THE KLATCHIAN FOREIGN LEGION
Re: Concept of Arnor heroes
« Antwort #1 am: 4. Apr 2015, 17:31 »
Zitat
Well, theoretically Carthaen can be on the settlement, because he definitely is dunedain
tbh that'd be no Reason... Arvedui too is a Dunedain as is Araphant, as is Aranarth... as are most human units of Arnor

It was at the Survivor Series that the dark path of the Undertaker was born. It seems like an eternity ago that the demons of hell passed judgement on the mortal world and unleashed a creature of the night so powerful that the mention of it's very name sends shivers down to the spines of who oppose him
You look into the eyes of the Reaper and you'll see that your fate is sealed!

Sollten Banner und Avatar nicht Synchron sein, einfach mal mit Strg + F5 aktualisiern

Leiter des HdR-Matchup-Threads

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 4. Apr 2015, 17:41 »
Exactly,

it was only general statement concerning him.
Of course, we can say it about many characters there, but it is not the main thought of my thread.   :)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #3 am: 4. Apr 2015, 18:46 »
You're right, from a gameplay perspective Carthaen would probably be better off in the fortress. He's supposed to take Pippin's role, and thus should be available early.

I like Earnur in the spellbook though. He was not a man of Arnor, he came to their defense from Gondor and is very much the equivalent of Gondor's Rohan spell. For a hero killer, perhaps we could simply add the Sons of Elrond to the Rivendell fortress. Or Glorfindel could get a different role there, but I think that might be confusing. However, is role within Rivendell actually isn't set in stone yet because we haven't balanced that faction yet. So he might still change as well.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 4. Apr 2015, 20:04 »
I like Earnur in the spellbook though. He was not a man of Arnor, he came to their defense from Gondor.

I think so, he fits better to the spellbook, where is usual place for reinforcements.

For a hero killer, perhaps we could simply add the Sons of Elrond to the Rivendell fortress.
There fits much more Glorfindel, according to Witch king prophecy. He helped to Arnor against Angmar quite lot. He is maybe only one from the elven race, who really fits there permanently. We have no information about Elladan and Elrohir in this area.

Or Glorfindel could get a different role there, but I think that might be confusing. However, is role within Rivendell actually isn't set in stone yet because we haven't balanced that faction yet. So he might still change as well.

Yes, it can be confusing, on the other hand there could be difference from the Imladris Glorfindel. Angmar Witch king is also different and he is still Witch king.
Personally I really like "tank role" for him, especially for Imladris it will be very suitable.
Well, even in Arnor he can stay as a tank, and Arvedui can be reworked to hero killer role. Maybe it will correspond more, because he is available in the fortress, exactly like Aragorn for Gondor, so both hero killers will be in the fotress like both scouts.

Overall,
hero killer role seems be very important for each faction in the new version, where all heroes have different roles, they are cheaper, they cost no CP and mainly - AI really likes them.  ;) 8-)
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Apr 2015, 20:08 von TiberiusOgden »

Kadan Joelavich

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 8. Apr 2015, 17:41 »
In general Arnor had closer ties to the elves, what about a younger more hero-killery Elrond available for recruitment?

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #6 am: 8. Apr 2015, 18:02 »
Eärnur should defintely be a permanent hero, could make the gondor reinforcements a power of second or third row, and summon Eärnur permanently and maybe two hordes of fully upgraded random gondor soldiers.

Sporf_McGorf

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 28. Apr 2015, 19:05 »
Why couldn't we use the last King of the united Arnor as the hero killer (Eärendur)? It puts  Arnor at a disadvantage vs other factions that have a hero killer class unit. Thoughts?

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 28. Apr 2015, 19:57 »
I don't think that Arnor needs a new hero. Arnor has two heroes with a tank role and missing hero killer. So, Arvedui can be a new hero killer for Arnor and Glorfindel can stay as tank for Imladris and Arnor.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #9 am: 28. Apr 2015, 20:32 »
Glorfindel is way too skilled to remain nothing more than a tank; at least that's my thought.

"That still only counts as one!"

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: 28. Apr 2015, 20:36 »
Yes, that is Tienety point.  :P

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #11 am: 28. Apr 2015, 20:56 »
Well, Tienety means Glorfindel to be the tank. That's not my point of view. ^^

"That still only counts as one!"

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: 28. Apr 2015, 21:06 »
means Glorfindel to be the tank
But currently he is tank for Arnor and logically for Imladris as well. 8-| ... Really xD