19. Apr 2024, 14:15 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New Game-Mode: Your Suggestions  (Gelesen 4863 mal)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
New Game-Mode: Your Suggestions
« am: 5. Apr 2015, 18:56 »
Dear Community,

The recent survey has shown that the game mode Exploration is not very popular. Furthermore, there is a problem with the Legendary Hero Mode. It was noted that the command points fall back to 600. Reason for this is the place of the 1/3 command points from the original game.
Our consequence of this is that we emphasize exploration and lay the Legendary Heroes mode on its place, so that the problems with the command bar will be fixed.

Now its your turn: we want a little input from you of how we can transform the current exploration mode to a new game mode, under the general topic of a reduction of Command Points. That means: This mode have to own a maximum limit of 600 Command Points. We cant change this requirement, unfortunately, the game makes some problems in this case.
We were thinking about a faster game-mode, because there are many fans around here who wants to have a much faster gameplay. Our thoughts leads us to:

Combat:
The mode is defined by smaller and faster battles. The maximum limit of command points located around 600, so the mode has less units. All units, monsters and heroes get a passive bonus to make double-damage, but their other values ​​remain the same.
Thus, the counter system is massively increased and the individual battles are fought quickly.

This is just a suggestion from our side and we are looking forward to your feedback. Should you have an appropriate proposal, then you can explain this in this thread.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Re: New Game-Mode: Your Suggestions
« Antwort #1 am: 5. Apr 2015, 19:05 »
Personally, I really like such thoughts.
Primarily "combat mode" will be very compromise solution for many players.  :)

Great decision. 

And concerning ...

the game mode Exploration is not very popular.

Yes,
not unpopular, but maybe exploration mode is not need - simply said.

The maximum limit of command points located around 600, so the mode has less units.

Perhaps it won't be problem, because in the faster game player must use units more wisely and with different strategy - I mean separate and smaller groups on the different places while attacking, something like guerrilla war ... so maybe limited CP will be only for good. :P
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Apr 2015, 19:46 von TiberiusOgden »

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 6. Apr 2015, 19:12 »
I would say the double power would be good, it would hearken back to 3.8.1

Kadan Joelavich

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 8. Apr 2015, 17:22 »
How about a "Fellowship mode" where you have to find the ring and bring it to the other player's citadel for 1 minute to win (or do something else with it)? With low command points this mode would focus on using a low number of units and heroes working together in a fellowship to achieve victory.

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 8. Apr 2015, 23:42 »
Not about this game mode, though i think combat mode sounds pretty good!:)

I have a suggestion for a mode that could take epic battle modes place
Many people dont like epic battle mode, or so ive heard, if i want to play a normal with slightly bigger armies i just take battle, cause epic battle is a little too much in this case, it doesnt require nearly as much tactic or anything, mostly just mindlessly spamming troops.

I sometimes when i play with friends, we build up armies and then battle and the first player to reach 0 command points loses, epic battle is helpful in this case, but it still takes a long time to build the armies, and then people can cheat if it doesnt go as planned.

This way you can have actual battles, and you dont have to focus on the base at the same time. It gives a more movie like feeling, like in helms deep or minas tirith, you can just focus on the battle, its almost like a little movie that you can control:)

So heres the idea, i think many people would be thankful for it, especially the ones who like fortress maps^^

WAR

18000 command points
100000 resources
Troops spawn instantly
all heroes are full level from the beginning
Spellbook, could be unlocked, but i think it gives more if you unlock powers during battle.

And you would have 20 mins to build everything you want, and after that you cant build anything anymore, no troops or buildings

The first player to reach 0 commandpoints loses.

Thoughts?
Maybe change another game mode?
Elves! Men! Dwarves! The mountain will be their tomb! To war!

SRQPO85

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 9. Apr 2015, 22:58 »
I love the "combat mode" with extra damage and that sounds like an awesome additions to the game mode listing. I also think a game mode centered around the ring would be a very interesting addition that would add a lot of variety to the mix. A game mode based on bringing the ring into the enemies base sounds very interesting, although that would mean you wouldn't be able to give the ring to heroes in that mode.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #6 am: 9. Apr 2015, 23:19 »
@Azog
i can hardly see any real value in a mode like that.
all players will bring up all their heroes and all their most elite units and that would basically eliminate 3/4 of all units in the game.

I imagine my self with say Gondor making like a trillion tower guards supported by a billion rangers with all kinds of heroes. Now try to defeat that!
Other factions like Mordor wouldn't even have a chance in this mode due to that face that they rely on constantly producing units, which in this mode would be phased out.

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #7 am: 10. Apr 2015, 11:01 »
Well thats actually true:/

But the spawntime could be balanced, and i think this would usually be a mode you play with your friends or other players in general. So you could decide before the battle how many cp the different factions get to have.

And maybe heroes should have to be leveled up, the only thing i thought about is Sauron, with his influence, but its easy to get him to level3:)

Anyways, actually played a battle like this some time ago, i played as Mordor vs Gondor, And just due to that problem, we decided i should have twice as many cp as he had^^

I just think a mode like this could be very useful, since i do it a lot and i see a lot of people on youtube doing the same thing.
The only reason i dont do it more often is because of the time you have to wait to get the whole battle going, usually takes up to an hour..:/

Plus people who do this kinda thing are probably going for a movie like battle, so they wouldnt have to overdo the op units, and like i said you can decide all that before the game. And people who like heroes could have instant hero battle from level 10.
I think a mode like this would just be very helpful.
And the epic battle is just a little unecessary:/

Master killer

• Hobbit
  • The great assassin
« Antwort #8 am: 15. Apr 2015, 13:08 »
Hello guys
I think that this mod will called death match and will be like this
20 command points reduced from every unit (if this possible)

All units have their moment speed increased to that of the previous version

Archers take their big damage again and all others units without heroes

And you can ad and this double damage buff to all units
So basically this is the return of edain mod 3.8.1 
For op heroes it is the heroes mod 

buy this way it will be a mod for all others that liked the previous version of the game but also most of all everybody is going to be happy  because
For a balance game it is going to be the skirmish and the other mods who is going to be for matches of tournament and the best balance gameplay
The hero mod for the guys that want to crash their enemies only with heroes
And the death match who will bring back the play style of the previous version the op archers and fast attack units and all this staff

Btw I don’t know if the double damage buff will be so good cuz anyway this is going to be the return of the previous version without the op heroes
So everybody is going to play the mod that he likes and there are going to be no problems with the balance
I think that this idea is the best for a new mod and most of us will like
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Apr 2015, 13:27 von Master killer »

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #9 am: 15. Apr 2015, 13:52 »
You can't change the needed command points.
Additionally troups can't get much faster, because then swordfighters would slide over the ground, as the animation wouldn't get faster.^^

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #10 am: 23. Apr 2015, 02:28 »
Defence battle:

One(or multiple in certain start point) players get sufficient money and 20 minutes to prepare a defence system, but couldn't attack the "attacker" player in first 20 minutes(or attackers get no basement nor money but a indestructible landmark at the begining ). After 20 minutes the attacker get 10 waves of fully upgraded army and some random level 10 heroes of his faction to eliminate the defender(maybe 5 min between each wave), if the defender could survive until 10 minutes after the last wave, defender win

"Truce" mod:
Well, just like age of empire... players cann't attack each other in first 30 minutes

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #11 am: 28. Apr 2015, 21:00 »
I have a very simple solution for those who like to play battles between troops without going through the whole building up everything.
There are already many resource options, maybe one could be changed.

They are now 1000, 2000, 3000 and 4000
Maybe 4000 could be changed to unlimited

With this you could just immediately start building up armies and wouldnt have to focus on leveling up all your farms. This would save a lot of people a lot of time!:)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: 28. Apr 2015, 21:03 »
They are now 1000, 2000, 3000 and 4000
Maybe 4000 could be changed to unlimited

I think that Ea said on Moddb some time ago that this "section" is hard coded. 8-|

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #13 am: 28. Apr 2015, 21:19 »
Yep, those strings can't be changed.

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #14 am: 29. Apr 2015, 00:04 »
Well damn:/