28. Mär 2024, 20:18 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain 4.0 Mapping - Multiple starting camps/outposts  (Gelesen 2900 mal)

SkaarjX

• Bilbos Festgast
Hi Edain team, and community :)

I bet you are busy, but if you have time to answer I have one small question please  ;)

How do you give a player multiple fortresses or outposts etc. to start off?

I tried using Festung_1 on two fortresses but it only gave one of them :P

Please let me know :D

Thankyou for your time  (**)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Re: Edain 4.0 Mapping - Multiple starting camps/outposts
« Antwort #1 am: 6. Apr 2015, 10:57 »
Off topic:

Glad to see you SkaarjX!  :)
Another well known user here.  :P

SkaarjX

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 6. Apr 2015, 11:21 »
Thankyou, very good to see you as well TiberiusOgden :D

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #3 am: 6. Apr 2015, 12:08 »
Although I've never tried it myself, try to name only one of the two (the main one) as Festung_1, and the other one assign it to the player directly. however, I believe that the assigned one won't be capturable if destroyed.

SkaarjX

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 6. Apr 2015, 16:22 »
Thanks for the suggestion :)

Unfortunately it doesn't work  :P

I tried giving the camp to player 1 and when the game loaded it was just neutral as normal.

Will keep looking into it :)

In the meantime, if an Edain team member could shed some light that would be marvelous :D

SkaarjX

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 7. Apr 2015, 17:51 »
Okay,

For anyone trying this. Through the map editor if you create a new script under the corresponding player under bases either of the unpack_base ones (one is instant, one is slower to unpack like starting bases).  The camp/castle/outpost/farm flag must be named but it works on any of these.  If you want special buildings on the plots you can use the build_on_plot scripts under the same bases group of scripts.

This is not perfect however. There are two problems...

1. If you unpack 2 or more bases (including the starting one) the AI players will not build any buildings. Just heroes. Don't know why.

2. If you build the special bases (like dol guldur) using scripts on the outposts, they work perfectly for the AI but for players they seem to become inactive when you don't have troops right next to them. If you move trips next to them they work as expected.  Weird.

So yeah I managed to get it partly working. Perhaps these bugs aren't fixable using only world editor.  So I thought I'd share for everyone who might be interested including the Edain team.  Just incase they weren't aware.

Then again,  I could be doing it all wrong. Hopefully an Edain member can shed some light :-3