[en] - Modding Corner > Tutorials

Edain 4.0 - Build up your fortress [EN]

(1/3) > >>

hoho96:
Greetings companions of Edain!

In this tutorial, we'll get to know how to make your fortress map works with Edain 4.0 with all its glory.

First, you must place all the right starting points, castles, outposts, settlements, and waypoints as have been specified in the last tutorial "Make your own maps" for all the outside players (not in the fortress).
As you can imagine, the fortress player is treated slightly differently.
First make sure you have set the required waypoints like the other players.
Now let's start building up the fortress:
Open the Place Object tool, and go to "ByNativeType/Civilian/SYSTEM/BaceCenterGeneric". This will serve as a virtual base that the game can recognize. Place it near your would-be citadel.
Now in Object Properties, fill it up as follows:
General:

* Name: FestungX
* Team: Player_1/teamPlayer_1Logical:

* make sure that those options are the only ones ticked: Enabled - AI recruitable - Powered - Is a base
Then from the Objects tool, get any FestungenBuildingFoundation. you can find it in every faction preceded by the faction's name (e.x. GondorFestungenBuildingFoundation). put it near the BaceCenterGeneric (you can put it under it for that matter), and fill up the properties as follows:
General:

* Name: Festungsmap
* Team: Player_1/teamPlayer_1
* In Base: (not in any base)Logical:

* Enabled - AI recruitable - Powered - IndestructibleNow you have your base ready to be filled up.

Each Fortress needs a citadel. Once you find the appropriate citadel for your map, and placed it where you want, go to properties and fill up:
General:

* Name: make sure you DON'T put any name, or at least anything other than Festung_1
* In Base: FestungX (you will notice that you get a new tab called "BaseProps")Your Citadel is now ready!

The only thing left is the build plots.
From any faction you want, select a "(faction name) FestungenBuildingFoundat ion" and place it wherever you want.
Set the properties as follows:

* In Base: FestungX (you will notice that you get a new tab called "BaseProps")
Setting the plot in the right angle is a little tricky, as it varies from building to building throughout all factions. You have to try it yourself and check for suitable angles.

Voila! your fortress map should now work as an official Edain map ;)

If you got any questions, feel free to start a thread about it and I'm sure we can figure it out  xD

Best regards for all.[/list][/list][/list]

DrHouse93:
Hooray, thanks hoho^^
Time to work again on my Minas Ithil and Pelargir map  8-)

Gotyam:
Can you make a fortress map with several users (more than 1 fortress a map basically)? And if so, how would you go about making it?

hoho96:
No. Unfortunately it's not possible currently with the mod system.
Maybe in the future. Who knows :)

Gotyam:
As I think my PM to you, hoho, did not get through, I feel the need to share it here instead. I think I bacame a god, making the impossible possible with this map: http://www.moddb.com/games/battle-for-middle-earth-ii-rise-of-the-witch-king/addons/remade-helms-deep-v2-for-edain
Please tell me if I am wrong in assuming the setup of this map can't be made to make multi-fortress maps, as I would love to make it a reality if it is not.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln