28. Mär 2024, 12:20 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

How Should Wildmen be Changed?

Torches will be high building damage, low unit damage only
7 (30.4%)
Option 1 PLUS reduction in range
4 (17.4%)
Option 1 PLUS reduction in rate of attack (ranged)
0 (0%)
Option 1 PLUS reduction in rate of attack (ranged and melee)
2 (8.7%)
Option 1 PLUS reduction in range PLUS  reduction in rate of fire (ranged)
3 (13%)
Option 1 PLUS reduction in range PLUS  reduction in rate of fire (ranged and melee)
2 (8.7%)
Option 1 with reduced cost for torch upgrade
3 (13%)
Option 2 with reduced cost for torch upgrade
1 (4.3%)
Option 3 with reduced cost for torch upgrade
0 (0%)
Option 4 with reduced cost for torch upgrade
0 (0%)
Option 5 with reduced cost for torch upgrade
1 (4.3%)
Option 6 with reduced cost for torch upgrade
0 (0%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 20

Autor Thema: WIldmen with torches  (Gelesen 10955 mal)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Re: WIldmen with torches
« Antwort #15 am: 28. Apr 2015, 22:22 »
Honestly, I never liked these units.  xD
Their vanilla design, their purpose for Isengard, animation while throwing torches ... even in the movie I had problem with them.  8-|

Sporf_McGorf

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #16 am: 28. Apr 2015, 22:31 »
Zitat
Honestly, I never liked these units. 

I agree, but they are a canonically accurate piece of the Isengard lore and should definitely be a trainable unit, regardless of desirability. I think they can be a whole lot more useful than they are currently, with some adjustments and tweaks.

But they are unsightly and somewhat silly, yes. But essential nevertheless.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: 28. Apr 2015, 22:37 »
they are a canonically accurate piece of the Isengard lore

In the book they had at least characters and reasonable purposes when Saruman recruited them. In the movie they really were like crazy wild men with torches. :(
But it is for long debate like another LOTR things. ;)

I really like Edain implementation that they are on the settlement and that Isengard base is primarily about Uruk-hai.
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Apr 2015, 22:44 von TiberiusOgden »

Sporf_McGorf

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #18 am: 28. Apr 2015, 22:48 »
Zitat
But it is for long debate like another LOTR things.

Totally agree, but not necessarily to any productive end.

Zitat
I really like Edain implementation that they are on the settlement and that Isengard base is primarily about Uruk-hai.

Yes, Edain has captured them in a useful and unique way. I think they deserve a bit more attention than they currently get... they could be an interesting utility unit.

Derebond

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #19 am: 30. Apr 2015, 20:02 »
I've voted for Option 1 PLUS reduction in range.

I'm agree with the extra damage to buildings with torches, it's logic: fire is more destructive than swords. I'm agree too with the special attack against Ents or Nâzguls, Mûmakils... Against this kind of beasts. We can see it in movies and Tolkien's lore. Trolls, Wargs or Wights are exceptions for limite the power of torches againsts units.

But I don't understand the high range, better than crossbow Uruks. I think if torches haven't use for attack units and the range is reduced, they can stay with the "extra attack speed" (just if damage produced is a bit lower than a crossbow Uruk). So their power won't be very strong (early unit) but stay as a useful unit.

In my opinion, torches prize is balanced. A reduction could become an early spam for harass and destroy enemy citadel.

Sorry for my english, it's not my mother tongue :)

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #20 am: 1. Mai 2015, 20:46 »
From the votes it seems that damage type and range both should be changed, the rest of it is probably something to balance out in a later patch after we see how these changes effect overall balance.

LordMaus

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #21 am: 11. Mai 2015, 16:29 »
try to make some comments for other suggestions too maybe ? 20 comments for torch issue is too much I think lol

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #22 am: 11. Mai 2015, 20:22 »
Other than bugs Isengard is pretty balanced. Wildmen are really the only thing that needs adjusting, otherwise I think they play how they should: rush for economy at the start, then start pumping out cheap uruks.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #23 am: 11. Mai 2015, 20:56 »
I think they play how they should: rush for economy at the start, then start pumping out cheap uruks.

Well, Uruks aren't exactly what you want to call cheap, and that's may be a little problem :/
when you get the full discount you can make Uruks at about 170 which is insanely cheap compared to their potential.
I believe this will be addressed in the future. it would be a slight change, but should make Isengard a little more balanced.

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #24 am: 12. Mai 2015, 17:47 »
Yeah exactly, they could maybe use tweaking but compared to say Rohan they are overall fairly complete. I do agree Uruks maybe get a little too cheap, but I think a relatively small change would be okay.

radagasti01

• Hobbit
« Antwort #25 am: 8. Feb 2016, 17:20 »
So i'm not the only one who thinked that Wildman was Overpowered. Also whitout torches. They are strong against Building and Unit. Is incredible how they can fight almost at the same power against Dwarf, Gondor basic infantry.
They need to be less powerful against unit if they are so strong against Building.
Btw, except that i think Isengard is really well balanced.

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #26 am: 8. Feb 2016, 17:55 »
I personally think that Wildmen are not overpowered.  They the strength of Wildman is really based off 2 factors, which are the amount of Buffs Isengard has available early on, and Wulfgar.  By themselves they really aren't that strong.  They can not get an Armour upgrade (unless you have level up Wulfgar) and they have no counter to Cavalry (again, unless you level up Wulfgar). 
Of course, if Wildmen have Torches, Tainted Land, Warchant, and murder of crows supporting them, they will be stronger then most non-elite units, but without something supporting them they aren't that strong.  And their damage against buildings isn't too high either.
Uruk-hai are much stronger then Wildmen, as they should be, but they also cost more.  I think that it is pretty balanced now.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #27 am: 8. Feb 2016, 22:22 »
Damn, here's an old thread, has posts from Tiberius in it  :o

In the current version of Edain I would say that the Wildmen are balanced enough. The problem is that like Mordor, Isengard is reasonably strong in all stages of the game, unlike good factions which are strong at specific stages in the game(Rohan/Iron Hills early game, Lorien/Erebor mid-game, and Gondor/Ered Luin late game)
We have to look at balancing factions on the whole rather then on a unit by unit basis. I'm not going to vote in this poll because I don't think it was set up for the current version of Edain.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!