25. Apr 2024, 10:25 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Defending Bonus  (Gelesen 2177 mal)

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Defending Bonus
« am: 8. Apr 2015, 17:53 »
I think you should give extra shooting defence and shooting range for units defending the wall.  Units on the wall should have more bonus against the attacker
Also a quick question, could you make a command or something to ensure that units will not leave the area of citadel with hidden gate? Sometimes the defending archer just run outside randomly

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: Defending Bonus
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Apr 2015, 17:56 »
Just hit "S" when your archers are selected. That order stops all units from moving. ;)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Apr 2015, 18:02 »
I think you should give extra shooting defence and shooting range for units defending the wall.  Units on the wall should have more bonus against the attacker
You can use statues and wells inside the fortress in order to support them.  :)

Also a quick question, could you make a command or something to ensure that units will not leave the area of citadel with hidden gate? Sometimes the defending archer just run outside randomly
All heroes and units have stances-system - as a part of palantir. Each stance provides different bonus.

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 8. Apr 2015, 18:14 »
He is correct that there should be a range bonus, even if it is a small one.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #4 am: 8. Apr 2015, 19:16 »
There was a range bonus for having the high ground in the game at some point, but it was removed. If the team mangages to make it work properly and reliably, I'd love to see it back in the game. :)

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 8. Apr 2015, 19:22 »
The extra shooting defence in my opinion is more important, for now the wall provide nothing for archers defending it, they are quickly slaughtered by archers outside
Some upgrades of crenel or blindage for wall will also be nice

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #6 am: 14. Apr 2015, 04:08 »
For the sake of practicality and organisation it should be interesting for you guys to take a look at this topic, where people are discussing similar ideas with a different approach:
http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30734.0.html

I dread to hear that the higher ground system was removed, this all encompasses the issue of how much should our should not archers be nerfed, I believe.

The statues and wells thing is usable but I believe it hardly pays back to use them instead of allocating those build plots for the construction of of another buildings. In my opinion there aren't enough build plots to spare them with statues and wells instead of production.