28. Mär 2024, 20:11 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The LOTR Trilogy  (Gelesen 39680 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The LOTR Trilogy
« Antwort #75 am: 16. Sep 2017, 23:53 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #76 am: 21. Sep 2017, 01:03 »
The Professor speaks! Footage of a past interview with Tolkien talking about his works and his character as a writer.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XR-4vMEiQ_U

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #77 am: 2. Okt 2017, 00:02 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #78 am: 6. Okt 2017, 01:48 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #79 am: 25. Okt 2017, 03:40 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #80 am: 1. Nov 2017, 01:05 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #81 am: 2. Dez 2017, 03:03 »
Zitat
Everything had to be designed. There were no shortcuts...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qLk1VvbDAzM

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #82 am: 1. Feb 2018, 01:10 »
Were you aware of this extended scene's existence? I had not been, until I was casually watching the LOTR trilogy again and I bumped into it. I myself have been always very fond of the great bond existing between Merry and Éowyn, and I believe it was portrayed very much accurately in the films, stressing the fact that both characters eventually end up being authors of the bravest deeds in battle, despite them not being supposed to participate in such cruel war. Specifically, this bit tells a lot about the Hobbit's pure and kind character, alien to any vain flaw, and the Shield-maiden just nodding and smiling reveals a lot in equal terms, for words are sometimes not necessary to convey certain emotions. That is, she doesn't have to express her profound admiration via speech or other akin manners.

Given the upcoming contest, much anxious anticipation pervades the scene and seals the two characters' friendship, as they're ready to ride and risk death. Truly, an amazing scene and ever-reminding of why the entire trilogy was worthy of such enormous success.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=eoHfFA8cY7I
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Mär 2018, 14:41 von Walküre »

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #83 am: 6. Feb 2018, 01:39 »
I never had the curiosity of searching a translation of this passage of the movie. Saruman and Gandalf literally "speak" to the mountain like if it was alive. Saruman try to turn the fury of Redhorn against the fellowship speaking in Quenya, while Gandalf try to contain the natural elements spelling in Sindarin. An epic scene that I guess inspire thunderbolt related abilities of Saruman both in vanilla and Edain mod  :)

Saruman: Cuiva nwalca Carnirassë; nai yarvaxëa rasselya!
"Wake up cruel Redhorn! May your horn be bloodstained!"

Gandalf: Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho i ’ruith!
"Sleep Caradhras, be still, lie still, hold your wrath!"

Saruman: Cuiva nwalca Carnirassë Nai yarvaxëa rasselya; taltuva ñotto-carinnar!
"Wake up cruel Redhorn! May your bloodstained horn fall upon enemy heads!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NyL_qJn4F0&sns=em

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #84 am: 7. Feb 2018, 12:44 »
That is one of the most significant representations of Tolkien's own conception of magic, exemplified by the two Istari challenging each other from afar by means of spoken spells, and their very words sound like imperative orders, asking that the mountain either be calm or burst with rage. Furthermore, it might probably have to do with the archetype of spells in medieval tales (but also from older sagas), in which poems or sung incantations may cast powerful blessings or curses; and, again, the theme of songs (musicality) and rhymes play a prime role. Just consider the historical figure of minstrels in medieval courts or of ancient bards/poets, who would be even requested to memorise entire epic cycles and to recite them in form of melody.

Tolkien offers numerous examples: the tenson between Finrod and Sauron, Lúthien singing and undoing the spell keeping Sauron's fortress together, the chanting of Yavanna that gave shape and life to the Two Trees and many other cases. There is so much to explore, if one delves into the deep lore of Arda!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #85 am: 11. Mär 2018, 18:33 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #86 am: 1. Jul 2018, 19:44 »
A quite old video, yet not less precious ;)

VIDEO

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #87 am: 12. Aug 2018, 17:56 »
Here is an 'illuminating' collection of the worst adaptation changes of the LOTR films with regards to the books, according to the author's view. Some I agree with, others I find very questionable and superficial, to say the least.

ARTICLE

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #88 am: 30. Nov 2018, 18:47 »
Here is a quite vintage interview of PJ, reflecting on filming the series and choosing the cast. Quite interesting, if one considers that Return of the King was probably not out yet.

PJ

007hasan

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #89 am: 6. Dez 2019, 20:05 »
Tom Bombadil'i,glorfindel and  elrond's childrens/(Twins),There was no film. That was bad.  Elves were poorly touted. Faramir was poorly touted. Still excellent movies. I think he should have sticked to more books. witch king scene and cutting of many poems song.. pff :/