28. Mär 2024, 16:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Build Order on 1 v 1 Maps  (Gelesen 4100 mal)

Sporf_McGorf

• Bilbos Festgast
Build Order on 1 v 1 Maps
« am: 10. Apr 2015, 22:26 »
I'm curious about the build orders more experienced players are using, because a lot of guys are talking on the forums that they can easily dismiss a brutal AI and even more than one brutal in a single FFA game. I am no where near being able to do this, but still trying to perfect a strategy of my own.

So far, I have been concentrating on establishing a good economy early in the game, grabbing unguarded settlements first then expanding to the creep-guarded ones with he free battalions. I typically don't start making additional units until I have 2-4 resource buildings built, and most of them going to level 2 on the production rate increase. I defend my base with towers, and don't waste my units on protecting the castle. It's only later that I try to push the AI back with troops, and concentrate on building counters to the units I see the AI bringing.

I find that the AI is very different depending on the map, but my build order stays (largely) unchanged. Anyway, I'd really like to hear your thoughts on strategies that have proven successful. Thanks.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: Build Order on 1 v 1 Maps
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Jul 2015, 17:12 »
Well, fighting against brutals is very different from fighting against people. Firstly the brutals only pay I think 50% for all of their units. Secondly, you might as well forget about holding any outer settlements except those really close to your base until mid game, they'll be overrun and its pointless to build them. Thirdly, the Brutal AI will often send harrassers to the few outside settlements you do have, so you have to get defence measures level 2 to protect them. Finally, you have to realize build order is only a small part of the skill needed to defeat a brutal, you also need very good micro and situational awareness, you have to be constantly doing something and checking up on what's going on. As for build orders, here's what I normally use per faction. For ALL factions I always get the scout hero for early creeping.

Rohan: I get corrupted Théoden, Merry and an outer farm. I then use Théoden's taxes ability on the farm and give it 2 production increase upgrades, so it generates lots of resources. I then focus on getting all of my inner buildings done, while spamming peasants out of the farm to turn into traitors for defence. My inner buildings usually consist of all stud farms with production 1 and pantry 2, 1 stable, 1 well and 1 armory. Then I find a balance between training my heroes and spamming rohirrim, till I get some map control back, once my army is on the field I've won.

Gondor: Pippin, 1 outer farm and the signal fire right off the bat, the signal fire as protected as I can make it(building behind my base is ideal), and then upgrade my outer farm with production, defense. I Then get a barracks and all my inner farms, upgrading all of them with production first and then pantry when needed, and spamming out troops and heroes to try to hold back the tide. You always want to get Boromir first, followed by berethor. My base will consist of either 5 blacksmiths or townhouses, depending on what I want to do late game, 1 marketplace, 1 barracks and 1 well.

Arnor: I haven't played much as them, but it would be about the same BO, except instead of a signal fire I would get a lindon watchtower for the excellent lindon archers.

Dwarves: Bilbo, outer mineshaft and a travel camp. Then all my inner stuff, which is 4 stoneworkers, 1 mineshaft, 1 hall of warriors and 1 dwarven forge. 1 word can then sum up my strategy: Veterans, veterans and more veterans. I play as Ered Luin, so I focus on spamming guardians to turn into veterans, and get all my heroes with Mithril equipped, victory comes shortly afterwards.

Mordor: Gorbag/Shagrat, followed by 2 outer slaughterhouses and then an orc barracks ASAP. Spam out free orcs while filling my base with tribute camps, 5 of them, another orc barracks and a troll cage. Get production 1 on all inner farms, and production/defense on all outer, using Shagrat to place black uruks on the outer farms to guard them too, then spam orcs and get all my heroes till I overwhelm my enemy, throwing in trolls from time to time.

Isengard: Bill Ferny, 2 outer mineshafts, buy all of bill ferny's upgrades over time as well as filling base with Furnaces and an uruk pit and an armory. Then get Lurtz and Ugluk out, and defend till the OP upgrades are purchased. Then my army is mostly unkillable, so I can crush any other foe with relative ease.

That basically sums it up, for all of these you want to aggressively creep, try to get as many lairs for extra money as possible, remember to use formations and abilities carefully during combat, and for Evil factions and maps where you start with a camp, early game you don't need to defend your base with anything but the sentry towers.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!