19. Apr 2024, 12:30 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Why Are Orcs Free?  (Gelesen 1986 mal)

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
Why Are Orcs Free?
« am: 17. Apr 2015, 04:43 »
I think even making them worth just 10 resources would help game balance a lot, because Mordor is the only faction that can stall with free troops until they have enough rss for better troops. They aren't that effective individually, but with the Eye of Sauron, Tainted Land, huge numbers, and Gothmog's leadership they are actually pretty decent.

Making them 10 resources would still be cheap, but you it would eat away at least a little bit from other stuff.

CynasFan

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Freude ist eine ernste Sache
Re: Why Are Orcs Free?
« Antwort #1 am: 17. Apr 2015, 11:48 »
Because it was so in all Battle of Middlearth Games and it show the might of Mordor, where the life of an Orc is worhless.
Discussions to make them weaker or that they should cost something are older than Edain and in the german Part they had a discussion about this befors one or two months. Now they want make the Building cost 500 and stop Orcspam.
Greetings, CynasFan (from Germany, sorry for my english)
"Die Vernunft kann sich mit größerer Kraft dem Bösen entgegenstemmen, wenn der Zorn ihr dienstbar zur Hand geht!"
Papst Gregor der Große

"Alles was ich anzubieten habe ist Annäherung. Fragment. Wille zum Scheitern."
Walter Moers

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #2 am: 19. Apr 2015, 04:08 »
Because it was so in all Battle of Middlearth Games and it show the might of Mordor, where the life of an Orc is worhless.
Discussions to make them weaker or that they should cost something are older than Edain and in the german Part they had a discussion about this befors one or two months. Now they want make the Building cost 500 and stop Orcspam.
Greetings, CynasFan (from Germany, sorry for my english)
Greetings, and thanks for the explanation! I don't think increasing the building cost will stop Orc-spam though, as people would just have to wait a bit longer to build it. And Orcs are indeed worth a little bit IMO, otherwise what would Sauron use for his main armies?

Sporf_McGorf

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Apr 2015, 19:41 »
Orcspam is not a win every time. You have to develop Mordor in order to succeed with them, as no amount of Orcs will destroy a fortress or castle regardless of buffs.

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #4 am: 2. Jul 2015, 19:47 »
Free-Orc Spam is the main early movement of mordor, do other thing will decrease your possibilities to win, the orcs only are usefull in very early game, without any tipe of support ( Cirith Ungol/Trolls/Gothmog/Nazgul/Archers) Their are useless in mid game, and you will loose.  Also you cant get all of these things because you havent got enough money and also, you have to get an outpost in mid-late game, or you will loose.
So, not easy tactic, and also you must use properly the buffs ( Eye of Sauron/ Tainted Land) Or you will have a bad early game.