19. Apr 2024, 15:51 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Sauron and the Witch-King  (Gelesen 1571 mal)

Spacetyrant93

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Sauron and the Witch-King
« am: 18. Apr 2015, 18:23 »
Greetings everyone.

I wanted to propose a couple ideas I've had while playing with Mordor and reading other user's awesome proposals on the forum.

Witch-King
Well, it just got me that the WK, in all his magnificence, doesn't really give off a 'witchy' feeling, especially in ring hunter cloak. While I suppose this makes sense, in the book he was not above the use of sorcery. I would propose to use that. While hunting for frodo, he lifted his hand, both silencig and atunning him, and also shattering his sword. I'm not too sure, but I seem to recall he made a stop to the Barrow-Downs as well and raised his sword, awakening the Wights and alerting them in case the Hobbits passed by (I couldn't find the scene in my copy, but I thought I read it somewhere). I would suggest to use these for him, perhaps in his Nazgul form, when he doesn't march to war.

Touch of Death- The Witch-King points at an enemy hero, stunning them for 5 seconds, while lowering their attack bonus for 15 seconds; Inspired by the scene with Frodo mentioned above, this is essentially a weaker version of Hour of the Witch-King, which would take its place when armored up.

Awaken the Shadows- The Lord of the Nazgul summons Barrow-Wights to guard a select area for 10-15 seconds; Even if this scene wasn't in the book and just my imagination, it would tie the Witch King with his old realm of Angmar.

Sauron
Well, using Sauron in Necromancer form could just become more fun than having him chill around in the fortress just to upgrade it. I guess this is just a matter of strategy, but I doubt one would risk sending him around, even with Orcs guards, when there are more useful heroes to use, like the all-annhilating WK or Khamul the demolisher. True, Sauron didn't do much in the WOTR besides sitting and plotting in his tower, but if that was the case then he could just be made the fiery eye on top of the castle's tower and have Denethor/Malbeth's ability system. Since here he comes on the battlefield, he could be more exciting to use.

I always saw Sauron the Necromancer as a shadowy entity that stole other lives to restore his own. He did poison Greenwood, feeding on the life of the forest and its creatures, he was surrounded by more rotten and fell beings than ever, plus in the movie pretty much looked like a mini-black hole, and sucked Thrain into nothingness.

I would suggest he has old Ring Hero Shelob's powers. Let me explain this one: basically, you start off with Sauron just as he is.

Level 1- Wandering Shadow

Level 3- Sauron's Influence

Level 5/6- Consume Life:  he gets to activate this ability around other lifeforms, be them enemy or allies, and Sauron consumes their life, healing himself a bit. This unlocks his other powers:

- Spell of Concealment: the Dark Lord hides his minions from the eyes of his enemies. Units in a large area are hidden; Obvious reference to his spell at Dol Guldur.

- Dread Illusions: the Necromancer's sorcery invades the minds of his foes creating twisted visions and vile illusions. Targets in a small/medium area randomly either flee, stop in place to cower in fear or attack eachother; This comes from Thrain, whom Sauron tortured and forced to wander the fortress prey to illusions. I realize this could overlap with Mouth of Sauron's role, but it is a very random effect, not as precise as his words.

- No Light can Defeat the Darkness: the Dark Lord calls the blackest of shadows to him, sucking into the void all the fools that dared stand against him; Basically his old black hole-like move, only more smokey and shadowy. It looked too good not to use it.

- Nine for the Kings of Men: Sauron calls to his most powerful servants, granting them more power. The Black Riders become armored forms, gaining attack and defense bonuses; This is really just for fun, or more like me adoring their movie armored looks. I really don't care if it is used or not, while it would be awesome if it was! Following a message in which I asked the team about armoring them up, I'd say this is temporary, but whatever.

Only one of these abilities can be used, then Sauron will have to wait to use Consume Life once more.

Level 7- Power of the Damned

Level 10- Fire Wave  (make this more powerful will ya?)

A feature I would like is that, as Sauron's level rises, his shadowy outline becomes gradually more clear, so that at level 10 he is a fiery form surrounded in smoky darkness.

There would be a slight variation. Using Consume Life at level 10, Sauron could get to transform into Gorthaur by himself. This is related to another thread, started by Neto D20 http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30827.0.html, whom had a very nice idea about Tol-in-Gaurhoth, and it made me think of this alternative Sauron.

Now, I realize this would get a lot of work for the Team, if they ever do consider it, and also know that this makes Sauron a whole new level of complex, but I believe a hero of his caliber is worthy of such a treatment.

Well, I look forward to you telling me what you think of all this.

And thanks for taking the time to read it :)
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Apr 2015, 18:46 von Spacetyrant93 »