20. Apr 2024, 03:42 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Wizards & Tower  (Gelesen 2224 mal)

DropItLikeItsDogg

• Bilbos Festgast
Wizards & Tower
« am: 21. Apr 2015, 15:58 »
Hey Edain team, first off all thanks for this awesome mod.

I wanna suggest something. I think Isengard castle should look like real Orthanc after Wizard's Tower upgrade. It can be more enjoyable and visual for players like me.

And the other one ;

I think wizards (Saruman & Gandalf) are some weak for their prices, at least Wizard Blast should kill 10 soldiers. Saruman's fireball is really so weak for heroes. They costs 3000 but even defeat a Nazgul is hard with them.

CynasFan

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Freude ist eine ernste Sache
Re: Wizards & Tower
« Antwort #1 am: 21. Apr 2015, 16:06 »
The real Orthanc was in Version 3.8, but the Team doesnt want him anymore, because it was unrealistig, that you can build an undestructable building in all parts of Middleearth. (By the way, same thing with Mordors Barad-Dur)
Greeting, CynasFan (from Germany, sorry for my English)
"Die Vernunft kann sich mit größerer Kraft dem Bösen entgegenstemmen, wenn der Zorn ihr dienstbar zur Hand geht!"
Papst Gregor der Große

"Alles was ich anzubieten habe ist Annäherung. Fragment. Wille zum Scheitern."
Walter Moers

Derebond

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 30. Apr 2015, 19:28 »
True. You can see it in The Road to Edain 4.0 - Isengard:

Zitat
Creating a design for this building was very difficult. First of all, this building should not look like the Orthanc, because the Orthanc is a unique building only existing in Isengard itself. Also, the citadel should fit to the design of the other buildings and lastly, would Saruman enter any rickety wood tower, built by orc scum?

Our result is the design you can see below. The player starts with a simple wood tower which can be improved by diverse upgrades. Every upgrade changes the design of the building a bit, especially the Wizard Tower upgrade which completely replaces it with a completely different tower, built of black shining stones like those which were used for the Orthanc. This tower looks quite similar to the Orthanc, but main differences as the shape of the tower, allow no doubt that this is not the Orthanc itself, but a replica. Furthermore, to include the element of shafts, as seen in the movie, the tower rises from an industrial pit which will be filled with diverse elements as soon as an upgrade is purchased.

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #3 am: 2. Jul 2015, 19:17 »

And the other one ;

I think wizards (Saruman & Gandalf) are some weak for their prices, at least Wizard Blast should kill 10 soldiers. Saruman's fireball is really so weak for heroes. They costs 3000 but even defeat a Nazgul is hard with them.

Saruman and Gandalf are supposed to be as the role of Mass-slayers which can defeat alot of units, wizard blasts can kill alot of units, and also the saruman fireball can kill 1 entire batallion.  If they could defeat Nazguls and other heros, they would be overpowered. If you want to kill Nazguls use Grima, or Aragorn, and use Gandalf and Saruman to destroy the lines of the enemie armie. Also they have a good melee damage and very high health, so they still being very powerfull.