28. Mär 2024, 14:43 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Flavor Map-pack  (Gelesen 88095 mal)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Re: Flavor Map-pack
« Antwort #15 am: 28. Mai 2015, 10:47 »
Hui. 7 rings, sounds great!  xD

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #16 am: 28. Mai 2015, 11:10 »
Minas Tirith looks great, but there isn't much place for the attackers or will this be a mission map?
If you keep the current start positions I'm afraid the map won't be very balanced. I count about 19 build plots for the defender, while the attackers start only with camps and so have less build plots from the start. Also the outpost seem to be in the range of the defense catapults making it impossible for the attacker to use them. It's the same for some of the settlements. Also, please pay attention to the fact that the ingame camps might be much larger than the campside in the worldbuilder, in particular the one of the dwarves, so your camps might be too close to the border of the map.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #17 am: 28. Mai 2015, 11:33 »
FG15, I also would've made the map bigger, but the problem is it's already 600x600 :/
I imagined the map as a standard fortress map, therefore defenders have slightly more advantages than attackers. However, the latter have access to settlements and outposts and the defenders can't rebuild the trebuchets once destroyed (in fact, that was my idea: if you want more buildings options, you have to rally an army and fight for the building plots, which is the basic concept of the BFME I gamestyle^^)
But I'll keep your concerns in mind. If the map doesn't work as predicted, I'll surely change it  ;)
P.S. Regarding the positions of the camps, I tested it with the current faction, and they had no problem. Of course I'll test it when the other factions will be released, but I think they look too close to the map borders because of my crappy screenshots :/ They're not so close, indeed

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #18 am: 28. Mai 2015, 11:35 »
Okay, then I'm just waiting for the final result.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #19 am: 28. Mai 2015, 12:18 »
How many players are against the defending player? If it was 4v1 with camps and the defender started with extra resources, I think it would be pretty balanced. After all, I think the first level of the city is supposed to get taken, or even a couple of levels, before the defenders could muster up a force and push out. Is there going to be CP limit differentiation, so that the attacking forces don't absurdly outnumber the defending player?
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #20 am: 29. Mai 2015, 14:38 »
Actually, the map is for 4 players (1 inside, 3 outside. I'd wish to put another attacker, but it's too close to the city), each one with increased resources (50000 for the defender, 10000 for the attackers, similar to Minas Ithil). The defender has 1500 starting CP to a maximum of 3000. The attackers have default commandpoints (which means 3600 in Battle, and 18000 in Epic Battle, which is highly recommended)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #21 am: 30. Mai 2015, 05:59 »
Well as cool as that would be, if you played epic battle then it would be impossible to win with only 3000 cp. Nice for a "see how long you can hold out" type of scenario though.  ;)
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #22 am: 30. Jun 2015, 17:24 »
Greetings fellow Edainers
Today it's all about the menacing Dol Guldur!

I've tried to make Dol Guldur more interesting to play by somewhat reinforcing its defenses in a unique way; in the vanilla, Dol Guldur was one of those fortress that after playing MinasTirith, MinasMorgul, Erebor,.. you would feel meh about it (all the defenses were basically a couple of catapults and weak walls that you can't rebuild,..). The fortress defenses are now focused on its sheer manpower (Orcpower for that matter :P ) and Khamul's dark presence.

The Easterlings Quarters:

Dol Guldur didn't only have Orcs weaklings. Khamul relied a lot on his fearsome Easterlings who bring from Rhun Soldiers, Spearmen, and their well known heavy cavalry.

The Prison:

None who's been imprisoned in Dol Guldur ever returned the same (even returned at all!).
Finally, the prison building is now actually a useful one were Khamul uses his dark magic to torture and mutilate his prisoners, and change them to something else entirely!

More to the defense:
The Citadel is now guarded by dedicated Castillans.

Some notes:
  • Although the wall defenses themselves aren't changed much, all walls and catapult hubs are now indestructible. The only way into the fortress is through the gates (seriously they're not that hard to destroy). The catapults themselves can be destroyed, but the defender will have the option to rebuild them.
  • Some more build plots.
  • A couple of archer towers inside the fortress. The defender can't rebuild those.

There are a couple of build plots on both sides of the fortress, which are quite useless since they're very open to all kind of attacks. I was hoping to do something about them, but I've run out of energy for this map  8-|
Any suggestion is very welcomed.
Also I'm not 100% content with the units produced from the Prison.
What do you think? Any alternate suggestion? Maybe something from the Misty Mountains once they come out?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #23 am: 30. Jun 2015, 21:49 »

There are a couple of build plots on both sides of the fortress, which are quite useless since they're very open to all kind of attacks. I was hoping to do something about them, but I've run out of energy for this map  8-|
Any suggestion is very welcomed.
Also I'm not 100% content with the units produced from the Prison.
What do you think? Any alternate suggestion? Maybe something from the Misty Mountains once they come out?

Great work indeed  :)
I like these types of maps, especially Dol Guldur, as they are dangerous or blissful places enchanted with white or black Magic, of which the source (as Tolkien teaches us) is almost always a powerful magical being, in this case Khamûl.

Given the 'magical nature' of Dol Guldur (something that Minas Tirith or Edoras don't have), the only proposal that immediately comes to my mind is, if it's possible to do in the modding world, creating a sort of Magical Barrier that covers the radius of the fortress and automatically decreases the armour and defence by  5-10% and reduces the speed of the powers' recovery of all the enemy heroes and units that enters Dol Guldur.
It would be an interesting solution to represent the Magic of Khamûl and the extention of his dark and poisonous presence.

About the prison, if I understood correctly, you mean to make it a place of recruitment of Elves, Men and Dwarves turned by torture and black Magic in Orcs or other foul creatures, right?
I don't like this idea very much, because, although it is true that this prison was a horrible place of torture and captivity, only Morgoth in Utumno was able to turn Elves in Orcs by dark sorcery and corrupt all living creatures to create ranks of monsters; and this happened millennia before the War of the Ring, when the power of Sauron (although still terrible and dangerous) and his capability of gathering monsters and foul creatures was severely diminished.
Maybe the prison could generate resources from the work of the slaves imprisoned there.

I like a darker and more dangerous concept of Dol Guldur  :)
In the books Haldir tells the Fellowship that when the Darkness (Khamûl) returned in Dol Guldur, after the banishment of Sauron, the power in this fortress becomes eight times stronger.
Too bad (or good), though, that it finishes like this  :P

« Letzte Änderung: 30. Jun 2015, 21:53 von DieWalküre »

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #24 am: 30. Jun 2015, 22:51 »
Zitat
About the prison, if I understood correctly, you mean to make it a place of recruitment of Elves, Men and Dwarves turned by torture and black Magic in Orcs or other foul creatures, right?

No really. I primarily meant the Castillans which I've always imagined them to be some hunted, tormented, Men/Elves that have been taken over by the dark magic and will of Sauron. So they kind of fit there.
However, the Black Uruks are meant to be a kind of guard unit that is part of the "staff" of the prison. Nonetheless, they're (and the spiders) are what I'm not totally sure about.

Btw the building already generates resources.

About the enchantment thing;
I don't think it's "easily" possible. it will require something like coding a debuff to some building and giving it a huge radius, which might not be very ideal.
Moreover, it will make half the map showing units in purple, which isn't exactly a comfortable feed for your eyes  [ugly]
Also you already have a faction full of debuffers.
I think Khamul can represent his powers quite well through his passive Nazgul presence (the debuff) and the anti building passive power (which is freak'n amazing).
I don't think the whole fortress should represent Khamul, or else all major evil realms should have something similar (the WK in Morgul should get even a stronger effect).

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #25 am: 1. Jul 2015, 00:35 »

About the enchantment thing;
I don't think it's "easily" possible. it will require something like coding a debuff to some building and giving it a huge radius, which might not be very ideal.
Moreover, it will make half the map showing units in purple, which isn't exactly a comfortable feed for your eyes  [ugly]

I knew it was something very ambitious  :D

I think Khamul can represent his powers quite well through his passive Nazgul presence (the debuff) and the anti building passive power (which is freak'n amazing).
I don't think the whole fortress should represent Khamul, or else all major evil realms should have something similar (the WK in Morgul should get even a stronger effect).

Yes, Khamûl's anti building passive power is something very innovative, characteristic and useful.
But I meant to recreate somehow the poisonous and infected atmosphere of Dol Guldur, the heart of the Darkness of Mirkwood, where the power and black Magic of Sauron/Khamûl is supposed to be naturally stronger; as Galadriel and Elrond are quite invincible (absolutely stronger) respectively in Lothlórien and Imladris.
Or, as the holy light of the phial is totally useless in Mordor.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do  8-)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #26 am: 1. Jul 2015, 11:22 »
Wow, I logged in yesterday and so many differences appeared in just one day XD
Btw, I absolutely love the new concepts, and I'd like to suggest you some:
- Since Guldur orcs are normally recruited in the Orc-Barracks, and Khamul is recruited from the Prison, you could move the Castellans to the Prison as well and replace the Dol Guldur fortress option of the Outposts with an Easterling building, which acts in a similar way to the Border Stronghold of Gondor (if you want to give it upgrades, it's a bit more complicated, but not so much) and where you can recruit Easterling from, too.
- The Spiders may be recruited from a new building available into the Settlements (the building could be the same of the old Goblin faction. Coding Sauron's Influence to work on this building as it worked on the Guldur fortress shouldn't be so hard)
- Finally, to give the invading player the feeling of entering a really evil place, you could give to ANY building the passive skill of the Guldur fortress (or the Morgul one if you want to weaken them without poisoning). Otherwise, you could also give them the passive debuff of Khamul (standard one, not unveiled)
(Of course, I'll help you with the codes whenever you'll be needing help ;))

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #27 am: 24. Jul 2015, 17:18 »
Any news on the 7 leveled Minas Tirith? I'm dying to play it! :)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: 24. Jul 2015, 18:04 »
Some wonderful maps out there! ;)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #29 am: 24. Jul 2015, 20:15 »
Damn Ea, that response is more cryptic than my name  :o