18. Apr 2024, 20:37 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Can't start the game (Game Crash and Error Message appears)  (Gelesen 31892 mal)

Gandalf_The_Grey

• Hobbit
Hello! I need some help, I just installed and update the Edain mod and when I try to start the game this Error message appears and closes the launcher/the game (game crash). What should I do? I really want to play this fantastic mod. Thanks!
(I'm currently trying to play in a Windows 8 laptop)

Game Crash:

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Problem with starting the game for Windows 8 can solve startup fixer:
Zitat
3. My game does not start. The startup screen appears, but the game does not open.

This error can occur under the operating systems Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 because they don't officially support the Battle for Middle-earth.  To fix this, open the launcher, go into the "Options & Tools" menu and click "Fix Non-Starting Games". Error messages like "Insert the correct CD / DVD ROM" will NOT be fixed this way.
http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30407.0.html

Overall you need clean ROTWK folder (without others mods) with 2.01 official patch.

KingdomofErebor

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Khazad ai Menu!
Hi guys, so about a week ago, my edain was working perfectly, then I installed the patch switcher from forshire for vanilla bfme and it stopped working. I uninstalled the patch switcher and Edain and tried re installing the MOD twice and the same message keeps popping up when I try to launch the game

"An upgrade mask references Upgrade_TREESTART, which is not an upgrade

Error parsing field 'TriggeredBy' in block 'Object' in file
'data\ini\object\goodfaction\units\elven\tree.ini' .

Anyone got any ideas?
The horns of hell are upon us!To Battle sons of Durin!

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Forshire also installs the unofficial patches 1.08 and 2.02 - probably they are still activated. Two mods never work together.^^

CragLord

• Gast
I think Forshire doesn't install those two patches, I mean it doesn't install patch 2.02 for Witch King that is sure, because it is unofficial mod which is made by replays_org forum team. Forshire version of the Witch King have integrated 2.01 version of patch and that is last official version by EA games.
Problem is probably in that switcher which you have installed, you need to open it and choose version 1.06 for standard BFME 2.
So try this and if that doesn't help, reinstall everything and follow guide from forshire site, it should work. :)

I think when you install BFME 2, then install patchswitcher and then choose 1.06 version for standard BFME2, then install RotWk, and after that Edain mod. That should work I think.

Regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Dez 2015, 19:09 von CragLord »

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Believe me - forshire installes those unofficial patches. ;) They call it "special edition", but it's just 1.08 with all the stolen maps and everything.

But you're correct: You can deactivate those mods with their launcher, which is necessary for edain.
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Dez 2015, 18:46 von Gnomi »

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
Hello people,
I have been having trouble playing the game because it shuts off as I enter the menu (not the launcher but in-game). There is no message except for that Windows is looking for a solution.

Now I think I now what the problem is: a couple of days ago Windows 10 had a massive update and it has made some games incompatible (such as Civilization 5 according to users on Steam). Since then the game doesn't start anymore.

I believe the solution is to 'FIx Non-Starting Games' but the problem with this one is that it also deletes all custom heroes that I've created with much care. Is there a way to save these CaHs from the files?

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
This issue won't be fixed through the "Fix non starting games" button, its a different one.
I guess you'll have an Intel graphics chip in your computer. You need to make sure that the game is not run with it, but with the dedicated graphics processor by AMD or Nvidia. You can do that in the driver menu.

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
Thanks, it worked!

It was exactly this issue. The driver settings were reset after the update, I had changed them a couple of months ago.