28. Mär 2024, 22:00 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Easterlings and Haradrim Allies  (Gelesen 5830 mal)

Morgul Orc

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Easterlings and Haradrim Allies
« am: 27. Apr 2015, 01:54 »
I thought of an Idea for Easterlings and Haradrim Allies in relation with the Ring wraiths.

The idea is that Allies increase in numbers when called if certain ring wraiths are more powerful in 3 stages,

For example when you call the Easterlings only 2 battalions arrive but when you have Khamul in play and call Easterlings there will be 4 battalions, when Khamul has "Insignius of the Liutenant" purchased there will be 6 battalions.

As for Haradrim, I think that the Cavalry are unnecessary, I think Mumakils with Haradrim archers is enough.

But the example is similar to the Haradrim allies except maybe the allies increase when Ji Indur Dawndeath is more powerful.

I also think that it would be great to add the audio voice of the Soldiers of Rhun from bfme 1 for the Rhun Halberdier warriors.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: Easterlings and Haradrim Allies
« Antwort #1 am: 27. Apr 2015, 08:20 »
The influences of Sauron used to do similar effect  (increase the number of reinforcements) but it was taken out I think because of balance issues.
However I agree there should be more depth to Evil men without making them 2OP (6 battalions ftw?!). Especially taking into consideration that mordor is all about larg numbers of Orcs and they don't need Evil Men for even greater numbers, but rather to fill up some weaknesses in Mordor's build (heavy soldiers and cavalry).

Why would you remove the cavalry from the Haradrim? ! It makes no sense O_o in the lore, the Haradrim were the main cavalry force for mordor (beside providing the Mumakils).

Btw Ji Indur is not canon. And if you noticed, the only named Nazgul in Edain (and in the whole lore) is Khamul.

goat stealer

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 28. Apr 2015, 01:37 »
I also think that the evil men more or less got the short end of the stick, which makes me sad to say as this is pretty much one of the few issues that I have with Mordor.

I can understand how increasing the number of reinforcement sent could be problematic but as it is now, where players are waiting for quite a while for a single battalion of two kinds of units, there's not much reason to use Easterlings and Haradrim when it's more time efficient and ultimately better to spend resources on the alternatives.

Why wait for a single battalion of Easterling pikemen and halberdiers when I can pump out 5 hordes of orc warriors and pikement instead? (A situation which gets even more one sided if Morgul/Guldur orcs are available) Need Calvary? There are always Morgul knights or the Black Riders. Mumakil? That can more or less be replicated with enough Trolls.

Maybe the intent behind this restriction is that orcs are supposed to be the backbone of Sauron's forces while the evil men are supplements. It's an idea I can get behind but if the restrictions on them are so great and the roles they offer aren't worth putting up with said restrictions and can even be matched/outmatched by alternatives that are more readily available, then what's the point?

Makes me wish that the evil men were their own factions so they could have the proper elbow room to expand. Or alternatively: Make it so players can use Outposts to build structures from which they can recruit evil men akin to a Morgul/Guldur fortress in which a Haradrim fortress can you Haradrim cavalry, Mumakil, and archers while an Easterling fortress can get you Easterling Pikemen, Halberdiers, and Corsairs while making them pricier in terms of resources and command points. As for influence ideas, maybe make it so they unlock upgrades but extra resources will have to be spent for each battalion.

Sure, orcs should be Sauron's main fighting force, but I don't think that it should mean that the evil men have to be overshadowed to the point of obsolescence.

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #3 am: 28. Apr 2015, 03:10 »
The influences of Sauron used to do similar effect  (increase the number of reinforcements) but it was taken out I think because of balance issues.
However I agree there should be more depth to Evil men without making them 2OP (6 battalions ftw?!). Especially taking into consideration that mordor is all about larg numbers of Orcs and they don't need Evil Men for even greater numbers, but rather to fill up some weaknesses in Mordor's build (heavy soldiers and cavalry).

Why would you remove the cavalry from the Haradrim? ! It makes no sense O_o in the lore, the Haradrim were the main cavalry force for mordor (beside providing the Mumakils).

Btw Ji Indur is not canon. And if you noticed, the only named Nazgul in Edain (and in the whole lore) is Khamul.
I guess I exaggerated about the number of battalions  :D   

I am thinking about the issue of calling the allies and they are limited in arriving near camp, maybe better to have a command similar to summon so you can summon anywhere instead of letting them walk all the way to the area where your units are attacking etc.

I also think that the evil men more or less got the short end of the stick, which makes me sad to say as this is pretty much one of the few issues that I have with Mordor.

I can understand how increasing the number of reinforcement sent could be problematic but as it is now, where players are waiting for quite a while for a single battalion of two kinds of units, there's not much reason to use Easterlings and Haradrim when it's more time efficient and ultimately better to spend resources on the alternatives.

Why wait for a single battalion of Easterling pikemen and halberdiers when I can pump out 5 hordes of orc warriors and pikement instead? (A situation which gets even more one sided if Morgul/Guldur orcs are available) Need Calvary? There are always Morgul knights or the Black Riders. Mumakil? That can more or less be replicated with enough Trolls.

Maybe the intent behind this restriction is that orcs are supposed to be the backbone of Sauron's forces while the evil men are supplements. It's an idea I can get behind but if the restrictions on them are so great and the roles they offer aren't worth putting up with said restrictions and can even be matched/outmatched by alternatives that are more readily available, then what's the point?

Makes me wish that the evil men were their own factions so they could have the proper elbow room to expand. Or alternatively: Make it so players can use Outposts to build structures from which they can recruit evil men akin to a Morgul/Guldur fortress in which a Haradrim fortress can you Haradrim cavalry, Mumakil, and archers while an Easterling fortress can get you Easterling Pikemen, Halberdiers, and Corsairs while making them pricier in terms of resources and command points. As for influence ideas, maybe make it so they unlock upgrades but extra resources will have to be spent for each battalion.

Sure, orcs should be Sauron's main fighting force, but I don't think that it should mean that the evil men have to be overshadowed to the point of obsolescence.
I think it's a great idea to make Evil men a faction, but will they be 2 separate factions, Harad and Rhun?

I don't think it's a good idea to have buildings for Rhun and Harad in the Outpost that will be a little selfish of us Mordor fans  :D

I do agree that the recharge time takes a little long specially for Haradrim allies

Maybe the power of of calling allies from Rhun and Harad should require more power points, it would make sense then if they came in larger numbers.

I also think the Corsairs of umbar need to have a role in play,
maybe called in maps with seas in their ships?

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #4 am: 28. Apr 2015, 15:30 »
recharge time on the spells can greatly be decreased by building tribute camps (the resource building).
If they were made to be summoned anywhere on the map (like other factions summons) then they will have a time limit. Now here's the advantage of Mordor; you can just keep summoning Evil Men without any number limit (aside from CP). You say you can fill up their roles with other units? other units needs resources to be spent on, but since evil men are in the spellbook, they're relatively free! Esterlings are also quite powerful when used right, especially with formation, and Saurons influence gives them even heavier armor (but of course they can't be made tower-guards-elite-ish). Mumakils are the only unit in the game that can just walk on cavalry. also they've got a great attack vs buildings so in a way you also get an awesome siege weapon (rather than spending on siegeworks and invest heavily in catapults and rams).
oh an Morgul riders as cavalry is immensely expensive not only in resources but also in CP (120 for a single battalion!!) now when you compare this with other factions, you can clearly see how Mordor lags behind in terms of cavalry, and how Haradrim are the most feasible option.

Still it's not the most perfect system, but we need viable suggestion not just "make them a whole new faction" (which btw is a very likely, yet unconfirmed, suggestion for the far future).

and you got it; the main concept of Mordor is the reliance on masses of Orcs, and they already got try different types of outposts to choose from, so putting evil men on an outpost is also highly unlikely.

Maybe something related to Saurons influence? Like cumulative  on evil men when casting the influence on different buildings?
Maybe the tribute camp can a single extra special unit (maybe some of the scrapped units, or even a hero) and the armory can get evil men better equipment (all the while still doing the previous bonuses).
just throwing some ideas  xD

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #5 am: 28. Apr 2015, 17:08 »
Maybe you are right on the issue of less cavalry on this side of Mordor, I think that's why they have some free orcs as an advantage. Against Rohan it's a little different as Rohan has many cavalry. Mordor can crush them with many pikemen. We need to think about the cavalry issue because the troll cage and trolls are very expensive, especially at the start of the game. In the RotWK expansion EA added the Haradrim cavalry to balance this issue. Mordor also had Mumakils that do not require power of calling.

Maybe we can make the Morgul knights Mordor's main cavalry and not as an expensive elite unit, but that still will require the Morgul Outpost...

I do agree with you on the idea that it can be related to the Sauron's influence and the tribute camp.  :)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: 28. Apr 2015, 17:18 »
Maybe we can make the Morgul knights Mordor's main cavalry and not as an expensive elite unit

It was in the previous version. There were two problems: Mordor never had cavalry and mainly that AI really loved them, so morgul riders were quite annoying, because it was only about spamming. :P

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #7 am: 28. Apr 2015, 17:20 »
And Morgul Riders are too awesome to be made just a normal unit  xD

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #8 am: 28. Apr 2015, 19:01 »
Am I the only one who loves the current system? Plus with a little bit of management you can almost build an army with the reinforcements..

"That still only counts as one!"

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #9 am: 29. Apr 2015, 02:29 »
I think we should focus on lowering the cost of troll cages it cost 1100 to build and then 800~ resources for a single mountain troll that i almost 2000 resources just for a single troll!

Regarding the reinforcements, we can make a building similar to the signal fire with Gondor that calls for reinforcements and you can have a ring power that increase the reinforcement just like Gondor.
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Apr 2015, 03:32 von Morgul Orc »

goat stealer

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #10 am: 29. Apr 2015, 04:24 »
recharge time on the spells can greatly be decreased by building tribute camps (the resource building).

I'm not sure how greatly the recharge can be increased by the number of tribute camps, for me it seems to be a rather long time no matter how many of those things I have up. That aside, if you do have a large amount of tribute camps then you'll also have a large amount of resources for other units.

If they were made to be summoned anywhere on the map (like other factions summons) then they will have a time limit. Now here's the advantage of Mordor; you can just keep summoning Evil Men without any number limit (aside from CP). You say you can fill up their roles with other units? other units needs resources to be spent on, but since evil men are in the spellbook, they're relatively free!

Emphasis on relatively. Yes you can summon evil men freely through the spell book but like I said earlier, only two different units at a fairly lengthy time, which seems much more costly than resources. Yes you can ease the cool down time with additional tribute camps but this also can grant plenty of resources and CP points, meaning that you can use other units to fill their roles with much greater ease which seems to further undermine the usefulness of the evil men.

oh an Morgul riders as cavalry is immensely expensive not only in resources but also in CP (120 for a single battalion!!) now when you compare this with other factions, you can clearly see how Mordor lags behind in terms of cavalry, and how Haradrim are the most feasible option.

Admittedly, I underestimated the feasibility of Morgul riders and how easy it is to access them. Yes Haradrim are more feasible in terms of accessibility, but better doesn't mean good and they're not much better than Morgul riders. I get that cavalry isn't meant to be Mordor's strong suit by any means but surely that doesn't mean that Haradrim should be too restricted like they are now, right?

Maybe something related to Saurons influence? Like cumulative  on evil men when casting the influence on different buildings?
Maybe the tribute camp can a single extra special unit (maybe some of the scrapped units, or even a hero) and the armory can get evil men better equipment (all the while still doing the previous bonuses).
just throwing some ideas  xD

Not quite sure how this would work but I'd love to hear just about anything that could improve this. My ideas were mostly spitballing as additional factions won't likely happen any time soon and two more outpost fortresses with yet more units will over saturate Mordor's units, but ultimately I just want the evil men to be more accessible.

Some Corsair raiders to go with their ships would also be lovely.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #11 am: 29. Apr 2015, 11:14 »
Regarding the reinforcements, we can make a building similar to the signal fire with Gondor that calls for reinforcements and you can have a ring power that increase the reinforcement just like Gondor.
And that would be quite boring, wouldn't it? Taking that unique thing from that one faction and giving it to the other one so that it's not unique any longer doesn't sound too great to me. ;)

Zitat
I'm not sure how greatly the recharge can be increased by the number of tribute camps, for me it seems to be a rather long time no matter how many of those things I have up.
The time reduction should go up to 30%, assuming that it works correctly. Although I'm pretty sure that the spellbook has an increased cooldown in larger games, maybe that has something to do with your feeling as well.

Zitat
As hoho said, they are free xD. They're also quite a bit stronger, have access to a formation and start at level two (I think?). And if you want to recreate the impact of a mumak with trolls, you need to spend a lot of money. And by a lot I mean A LOT. The moment your opponent sees that monster it will get focused by every single archer he has available. Either that, or he runs for his life while your mumak charges down his army.

I'm also a bit sad that so much stuff just disappeared (all those sweet heroes), but Mordor already has three different options on their outpost, so I don't like the idea of giving it another one.

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #12 am: 10. Mai 2015, 02:49 »
I have thought about it in a good way so here's my idea:

The Tribute camp now will not gain resources and you cannot build it in castle's, camps or outposts. Instead you can only build it in settlements.

When you build a Tribute camp you will have 3 options to choose from: tribute to Rhun or Harad or Umbar. Once you choose a faction you will have a choice of 3 units to call from but at the start you are restricted to one of the units because the other 2 units require certain things to unlock. Let's say for example you choose Harad, there are 3 different units you can call:

Unit 1 Haradrim archers
Unit 2 Haradrim cavalry
Unit 3 Mumakil

If you built one Tribute camp and choose Harad  you can only call the Haradrim archers at the start. The Haradrim cavalry requires level 2 Tribute camp to call, in order to unlock the  "Upgrade" option it requires Sauron's influence on the Tribute camp. Sauron's influence on the camp basically allows you to upgrade the Tribute camp building. Now to call the Mumakil you need two things, you have to upgrade the Tribute camp to level 3 and you need a new Passive power that replaces the "Haradrim reinforcements" that basically allows you to call the Mumakil or Unit 3.

Bear in mind that a single Tribute camp only calls one battalion of each unit. That means if you want more units you can build more Tribute camps and each of them STILL calls one of each unit with recharge times like the call reinforcements power. Also the more Tribute camps you have the less recharge time of spellbooks. The power "Rhun reinforcements" is now replaced with a passive power that allows you to PURCHASE upgrades for those units.

So now that I have explained, here's the units of all factions of the Tribute camp:

Harad:

Unit 1 Haradrim archers
Unit 2 Haradrim cavalry
Unit 3 Mumakil

Rhun:

Unit 1 Easterling pikemen
Unit 2 Soldiers of Rhun  (these are the ones called Easterling halberdiers but I would really suggest to change them to pike instead of swordsmen like bfme 1)
Unit 3 Easterling hero unit with special easterling leadership

Umbar:

Unit 1 Corsair swordsmen
Unit 2 Corsair Knife throwers (ranged swordsmen unit similar to haradrim spear throwers strong against pikemen)
Unit 3 Corsair Fire bombs throwers (ranged unit very strong against buildings)

Each faction is powerful in unique way. Harad has powerful cavalry, Rhun has powerful pikemn and Umbar has powerful swordsmen.

I also think that slaughter houses can now be built in camps and castles instead of the Tribute camp.

I hope you like my idea  xD

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #13 am: 12. Mai 2015, 16:37 »
We can also do it in a different way in which there is a passive power which replaces the Rhun reinforcement power that unlocks unit 2 and another power that replaces Harad reinforcement that unlocks unit 3. Sauron's influence on the Tribute camp will unlock upgrades for the reinforcements in which you can PURCHASE.  When you built a Tribute camp and chosen a faction, the units call timer is reset because otherwise people can take advantage where they can build a Tribute camp to call reinforcments and then disable and build it again so they can call spam.

For the factions of the Tribute camp I think each has different unique strategy:

Harad has archers at the start to help support mordor a little until you can get enough power points to unlock Unit 2 which is Haradrim cavalry which is very useful.
Later on in game when you unlock unit 3 which is Mumakil which can destroy structures and units and the Haradrim archers can ride him.

Rhun has Easterling Pikemen at start which are decent pikemen and for Unit 2 they have Soldiers of Rhun which are stronger pike with formation ability. Unit 3 is a Hero Unit with powerful leadership for Rhun units which makes both Easterling pikemen and Soldiers of Rhun get normal damage from enemy swordsmen instead of being weakened by them.

Umbar has Corsair swordsmen at start which have passive ability scavenge in which they can get resources by killing enemies. For Unit 2 they have Corsair knife throwers which are ranged and strong against pikemen. Unit 3 will be Corsair firebomb throwers which is a ranged unit that is Strong against building and can have a passive ability in which makes the building it's attacking unable to be used by enemy, for example if they are attacking a barracks, the building will be burning and the enemy won't be able to create units while being attacked.

These Tribute camps will make Mordor even more interested in conquering and getting as much settlements to call reinforcements. What do you think?  :D

LargeExodia

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #14 am: 12. Mai 2015, 18:59 »
I really like that idea
it definitely would make you feel more aggressive as Mordor and with the free Orcs you'd spread yourself thin trying to conquer settlements to make tribute camps for superior units meaning you'd have to be careful or you'd waste money building one since your army would be spread out
but at the same time you want as many as you can get...

I really really like this idea xD

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #15 am: 12. Mai 2015, 21:47 »
It can help you decide for yourself for your strategy you can build as many Tribute camps as you want and you can choose one of the 3 factions, but remember that the Tribute camp will not gain resources and doesn't fire arrows, so it is vulnerable to attacks in which you need to defend by units or summon Barricade and I don't think it's easy for a player to build 6 Tribute camps and spam calling since you will be building slave farms for resources as the Tribute camp doesn't gain resources. As I said this will make Mordor more of an offensive as its strategy is to conquer and build Tribute camps, morgul and dol guldor fortress, I think Tribute camps will be very useful since it costs 3000 to build a morgul/dol guldor fortress plus in order for Sauron to use influence he needs to be level 3 which I usually receive by recruiting Cirith Ungol unit and a Nazgul which altogether costs a lot that's why I think instead of Sauron's influence needed for Tribute camp in order to call Unit 2 it's better to make it a power instead. Mordor is lacking in cavalry you only have mountain trolls which cost a lot along with the troll cage and the Haradrim reinforcement power costs 7. Playing against Gondor can be a little hard as Gondor can build cavalry easier and cheaper along with stronger units that can be armed as well. They can spam archers until the building gets level 3 and purchase fire arrows, if you don't have cavalry at this time your toast because the orcs become useless. Gondor's cavalry can be even more cheaper since you can build farms inside the castle or camp, but when playing Mordor you can only build Slaughter houses in settlements or Outpost I think. Not to mention that Gondor has signal fires and can have allies armed and increased which makes them stronger.

I also think that Sauron's influence on Towers should give Barricades fire arrows.
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Mai 2015, 21:54 von Morgul Orc »

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #16 am: 18. Mai 2015, 06:54 »
Gondor's cavalry can be even more cheaper since you can build farms inside the castle or camp

Sorry I made a mistake about this statement. Gondor can't build farms in castles or camps.

Since the new update made a difference so you can get Trolls cheaper I think that helped for cavalry support. it makes sense that Gondor and Isengard need to upgrade barracks and other building since they have economy boosting buildings and upgrades. I think we should have more to the Arsenal building. Maybe make Sauron's influence unlocks other upgrades than fire arrows like Armed Troll upgrades and make Sauron's influence on the Troll cage Unlock Troll porter (If you remember him he was in BFME 1 evil campaign in Harad)   maybe we can put these call powers in the fortress and it has to have something to do with Sauron's level, for example if he was level 2 you can call Rhun reinforcements from the fortress. If he is level 5 you are allowed to call Umbar reinforcements as well and if he was level 8 you can call Harad.
The Troll porter can be used in a specific way. First of all he will cost a lot of resources since this strategy can be overpowered. When you recruit him all you have to do is send him to one of your Tribute camps and it will be Upgraded to a little different design building. Each upgraded Tribute camp from Troll porter will increase allies by one battalion, however this can be difficult to achieve since you need Sauron to use his influence on the Troll cage and then recruit the Troll porter which costs a lot maybe 1500 or maybe more. Upgraded Tribute camps from Porter won't just necessarily increase the troops, but make different type of units to make it balance. For example if you are calling Harad with 2 upgraded Tribute camps from Troll porter units with 1 Mumakil will arrive. If 4 Tribute camps are upgraded  2 Mumakils will arrive and if 6 are Upgraded 3 will arrive. I thought of this because even with the call Harad and Rhun powers you cannot have access to Corsairs Unless we can remove the Shelob power and replace it with a call Umbar reinforcements.

jcaramhir

• Bilbos Festgast
  • I am the Eye of thee, to whom they bounty to thee.
« Antwort #17 am: 2. Jun 2015, 14:33 »
Zitat

I wish these also  :D

Zitat
I have thought about it in a good way so here's my idea:

The Tribute camp now will not gain resources and you cannot build it in castle's, camps or outposts. Instead you can only build it in settlements.

When you build a Tribute camp you will have 3 options to choose from: tribute to Rhun or Harad or Umbar. Once you choose a faction you will have a choice of 3 units to call from but at the start you are restricted to one of the units because the other 2 units require certain things to unlock. Let's say for example you choose Harad, there are 3 different units you can call:

Unit 1 Haradrim archers
Unit 2 Haradrim cavalry
Unit 3 Mumakil

If you built one Tribute camp and choose Harad  you can only call the Haradrim archers at the start. The Haradrim cavalry requires level 2 Tribute camp to call, in order to unlock the  "Upgrade" option it requires Sauron's influence on the Tribute camp. Sauron's influence on the camp basically allows you to upgrade the Tribute camp building. Now to call the Mumakil you need two things, you have to upgrade the Tribute camp to level 3 and you need a new Passive power that replaces the "Haradrim reinforcements" that basically allows you to call the Mumakil or Unit 3.

Bear in mind that a single Tribute camp only calls one battalion of each unit. That means if you want more units you can build more Tribute camps and each of them STILL calls one of each unit with recharge times like the call reinforcements power. Also the more Tribute camps you have the less recharge time of spellbooks. The power "Rhun reinforcements" is now replaced with a passive power that allows you to PURCHASE upgrades for those units.

So now that I have explained, here's the units of all factions of the Tribute camp:

Harad:

Unit 1 Haradrim archers
Unit 2 Haradrim cavalry
Unit 3 Mumakil

Rhun:

Unit 1 Easterling pikemen
Unit 2 Soldiers of Rhun  (these are the ones called Easterling halberdiers but I would really suggest to change them to pike instead of swordsmen like bfme 1)
Unit 3 Easterling hero unit with special easterling leadership

Umbar:

Unit 1 Corsair swordsmen
Unit 2 Corsair Knife throwers (ranged swordsmen unit similar to haradrim spear throwers strong against pikemen)
Unit 3 Corsair Fire bombs throwers (ranged unit very strong against buildings)

Each faction is powerful in unique way. Harad has powerful cavalry, Rhun has powerful pikemn and Umbar has powerful swordsmen.

I also think that slaughter houses can now be built in camps and castles instead of the Tribute camp.

and this also  8-) :P

"Shre nazg golûgranu kilmi-nudu
Ombi kuzddûrbagu gundum-ishi!

"Three rings for the elven kings under the sky
Seven for the dwarf-lords in their halls of stone"