28. Mär 2024, 20:36 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Text translation  (Gelesen 3705 mal)

Ursidey

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Text translation
« am: 27. Apr 2015, 12:08 »
Very good mod, really !  :)

For my own personnal use i would like to translate the texts in french, could you tell me where the text file is ? In english.big ? Thanks

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
Re: Text translation
« Antwort #1 am: 27. Apr 2015, 12:14 »
You can find the text file in the englishpatch201.big as long as Edain is activated and set to english. Its the lotr.str.
You can also release your translated files if you like, no need to leave it personal. ;)

Ursidey

« Antwort #2 am: 27. Apr 2015, 12:18 »
In englishpatch201.big there is a Data folder but no lotr.str in it.  ;)

__

I think it's in ___english_ini.big, no ? Here there is a lotr.str file with used texts.

Edit by Turin: Posts merged.
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Apr 2015, 13:09 von Turin Turumbar »

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #3 am: 27. Apr 2015, 13:07 »
No, it is definitly the englishpatch201.big. There is only one file in it, the lotr.str. the english_ini.big has also a lotr.str, but is an old file from internal tests and not read by the game.

Edit: By the way. We have an edit option in this forum, please use that one instead of making double posts.

Ursidey

« Antwort #4 am: 27. Apr 2015, 13:20 »
OK, thanks you Turin. In the future i will edit my posts  ;)

Ursidey

« Antwort #5 am: 4. Mai 2015, 20:17 »
I have already translated in french almost 1/3 of all the textfile.
- will be there some changes of the textfile in the next versions ?
- it will be possible to incorporate the french version in the mod in the future ? It would be awesome for the french community  :)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #6 am: 4. Mai 2015, 20:24 »
There are always a lot of changes in the textfile for each version. That's why it is difficult for us to make a translation in many languages ourselves - it's not a "one time work"... you have to rework a lot of stuff every few months.^^

Ursidey

« Antwort #7 am: 4. Mai 2015, 20:36 »
Yes, i suspect yes, but I can do it. If you give me (if you have it !) a textfile with all the changes easily visible, i can make the changes.

I have already participated to a mod for doing the french version (blitzkrieg mod for COH1), I can do it for Edain.

Edit : there are free softwares for comparing two text files, so it's easy to make changes, line by line. The sum of work doesn't afraid me. I just need to find some time... ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Mai 2015, 20:52 von Ursidey »

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #8 am: 4. Mai 2015, 21:00 »
As far as I know edited and new texts are always added at the bottom so the translation work for us is easier. ;)

Ursidey

« Antwort #9 am: 4. Mai 2015, 21:02 »
Cool  :D

omar_avs

• Hobbit
« Antwort #10 am: 5. Mai 2015, 23:32 »
I would like to go to Spanish texts , someone can tell me how or where to start? my email is omarinho5@hotmail.com case you want to spend one in lace , thank you for your attention

Ursidey

« Antwort #11 am: 21. Mai 2015, 14:11 »
A quick question, just for being sure : is there a difference between "+10% attack" and "+10% damage" in game ? Or is it the same thing ?

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: 21. Mai 2015, 15:15 »
Same thing.