19. Mär 2024, 06:34 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Outpost  (Gelesen 37112 mal)

Morgul Orc

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Outpost
« am: 29. Apr 2015, 13:19 »
I think we need to add a special building to the Outpost of Rohan just like the other factions.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Re: Outpost
« Antwort #1 am: 29. Apr 2015, 13:57 »
It is nice, but this section is about "suggestions" :P ... so maybe concrete proposal and reasons for such proposal would be fine. ;)

CynasFan

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Freude ist eine ernste Sache
« Antwort #2 am: 29. Apr 2015, 14:22 »
If you understand German, there is a Thread about this.
http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30507.0.html
That´s the Link.

On page 4 is the last real Concept and yes, it´s mine :D
In short I want to build a Village like Edoras, costs are 800.
At first it only give 30 ressources like a farm, but you can build little Towers for 100 ressources per Tower. They can´t attack themself, but with troops in it.

With the first Upgrade they get a very little own attack.

The second reduces the costs of troop Upgrades for 5% (10% and 20% with two or three villages)

Third upgrade give you riders level 2 a new banner and give them +10% Speed and can ride over more troops by the enemy, but not them with the Bows, they make more damage.

Fourth upgrade give more strength to the village.
They cost all 500.

Last upgrade, you can get only with Theoden without his bane and cost 750.
It makes the four Upgrades before even stronger.

I hope you can understand it.
Greeting, CynasFan (from Germany)
"Die Vernunft kann sich mit größerer Kraft dem Bösen entgegenstemmen, wenn der Zorn ihr dienstbar zur Hand geht!"
Papst Gregor der Große

"Alles was ich anzubieten habe ist Annäherung. Fragment. Wille zum Scheitern."
Walter Moers

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #3 am: 29. Apr 2015, 20:02 »
I also thought about the camp (the 10 points power). I personnally think it would be much more suitable in an outpost as it makes sense for the the camp to be "far" away from the main base. Plus this is a super cool building and it would be nice to be able to play with it more often.
The main problem is that I don't have cool and unique ideas about another 10 points power...

"That still only counts as one!"

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 29. Apr 2015, 22:51 »
I'd rather have a unique outpost than a unique 10pp spell.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 30. Apr 2015, 08:57 »
The main problem is that I don't have cool and unique ideas about another 10 points power...
Yes, problem is about that. And such system is quite strong as a permanent choice for the outpost.
In addition, concept of permanent reinforcements already has Gondor with beacons.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #6 am: 1. Mai 2015, 06:03 »
Currently there is no usage whatsoever of the Horn of Helm Hammerhand. This is a pretty epic horn, and I think it should have some function in the game. Therefore my suggestion would be to add a building resembling the stone tower of Helms Deep, costing somewhere around 2k, which acts as a rallying point just like the Assembly Point, gives 200 command points, and can be garrisoned with 3 Archers to make it a very strong defensive point. This would also add some incentive to even bother making any archers at all. Finally it should have the ability to sound the Horn of Helm Hammerhand, which stuns all foes in a large radius with fear, for a similar duration as Boromir's horn. This ability should have maybe like a 1 minute cooldown. If it were implemented like this, it would give your cavalry a place to rest and retreat in safety, without having to go all the way back to base, and without being quite as vulnerable as they are at an Assembly Point. That's my suggestion, I have been thinking on this quite a bit however, as Rohan is my favorite faction, so I may post additional ideas if I think of them.  :)
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #7 am: 1. Mai 2015, 20:49 »
This idea sounds awesome!

Crimson King

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #8 am: 1. Mai 2015, 22:37 »
Yes, problem is about that. And such system is quite strong as a permanent choice for the outpost.

If the problem would be the spell book, the Galadhrim power could be strengthened and made cost 10 pp which solves this issue. the vacant spell book power could then become what KrypTik has suggested, permanently summoning the auxiliary building - Horn of Helm Hammerhand, as he described it.

In this way we could have the outpost that our current 10 pp power summons to be integrated into what rohan can build (obviously it would need some tweaking so as to not be overpowered), and make room for Hammerhand's iconic Horn through a power :)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #9 am: 2. Mai 2015, 06:27 »
I could see either idea working, although I think "summoning" the tent camp makes a lot more sense that a stone tower. Tents can be erected quickly, stone towers cannot. I just want to see the Horn in the game  :)
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Adrigabbro

« Antwort #10 am: 2. Mai 2015, 08:57 »
I understand your point of view and I like your idea, but I really love the camp and I would like to see it more often in my games. :D

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: 7. Mai 2015, 15:10 »
I think it's a good idea to use mini version of Helm's Deep for Outpost. Mordor has also a mini version of Minas Morgul and Dol Guldur. Maybe this building can add the better infantry and defense for Rohan.  :D

Helm's Deep will have several interesting features(Price: 2000):
1) Heals nearby units and several archers on wall shoot at the enemy
2) Horn of Helm Hammerhand spell
3) Helm's Deep's armory spell: Selected peasants and farmhands will get and better value and new design(Rohan swordmen and spearmen from spellbook in 3.8.1).
4) The royal chambers(Price: 500): Unlock the Royal Guard on foot with sword and bow(only three battalions).

What do you think?
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Mai 2015, 15:49 von Tienety »

Adrigabbro

« Antwort #12 am: 7. Mai 2015, 19:20 »
The oncept is nice, but I would not like to see a Helm's Deep miniature as an outpost ; I think it would be really weird.

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: 7. Mai 2015, 23:22 »
The oncept is nice, but I would not like to see a Helm's Deep miniature as an outpost ; I think it would be really weird.

Maybe, but I think it would be interesting to defend Helm's Deep on each map.
If is not possible to use Helm's Deep design, maybe Rohan can have fortress from old version of edain mod:

« Letzte Änderung: 8. Mai 2015, 01:24 von Tienety »

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #14 am: 8. Mai 2015, 04:52 »
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you, although I think that this on its own this is a good idea. However, its also practically a copy of the Border Stronghold for Gondor, which just uses the old BFME2 Fortress. I think the team wants something unique at each outpost for each faction, as do I, so I wouldn't want to just see a Rohan Fortress on their outpost. Perhaps with a different design? Also making a small Helms Deep wouldn't really make much sense, because it's Rohan's greatest fortress and they wouldn't and likely couldn't just go around making them wherever they wanted :P If Gondor didn't already have the Border Stronghold I would support your idea.