28. Mär 2024, 18:16 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Amazon's "Rings of Power" and it's place in the Mod?  (Gelesen 843 mal)

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
Hello all, this topic is most certainly late and has most likely already been discussed, but I'm curious to know what the Community and Team's opinions are of the now completed Season 1 of Amazon's "The Rings of Power" are. I hope this doesn't spark fierce debate :D

As a warning, there may be spoilers below:

My personal opinion, having watched it December - January, I have to say that it was interesting and engaging and I'm looking forward to a Season 2. The lore changes are certainly questionable, but as a fan of the Hobbit trilogy, they did not truly affect my view; in fact, they made me more curious as to which direction the series will go in time. Overall it was not what I was expecting.

Another reason I wanted to bring up this topic, besides discussing the series, was to wonder what place the series has in the Edain Mod, if any? Will it be of any inspiration to design? Will we eventually see some of the voices added (whether through the Mod or through a Submod)? Will new maps be added, inspired by the locations visited by the series? These questions have been in my mind for quite some time, though I suspect the answer may not be as simple as "yes" or "no".

Whatever the answer, I will await patiently for it, as well as what the Community and Team have to say about the series.
"The pool is up to the west-gate..."

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Re: Amazon's "Rings of Power" and it's place in the Mod?
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Feb 2023, 16:59 »
I really loved the series and found it much more enjoyable than the Hobbit movies. I already started a rewatch, which I haven't managed for any Hobbit film except the first.

While there were some bigger departures at a couple of places, there were also so many nods to the lore and so many small details referencing the books, which was really amazing. It also caught the feeling of Middle-Earth pretty well or me.

I also really liked the version of Elrond, which felt much closer to the books than in the LotR movies.

Nonetheless, the series wasn't perfect, I particularly didn't like the first episode, and I've some bigger concerns with a couple of the plot lines, but I'll wait till they resolve in the future, because a lot of things have only been hinted at so far.

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Amazon's "Rings of Power" and it's place in the Mod?
« Antwort #2 am: 9. Feb 2023, 06:58 »
I also really liked Elrond, especially his friendship with Durin. Comparing this Elrond to the one played by Hugo Weaving, this one definitely feels "as noble and fair as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer", though I feel like he can still gain some wisdom and strength.

The series is certainly not perfect, though even the films themselves are not. I suppose we'll just have to wait for Season 2 to see which path it takes.
"The pool is up to the west-gate..."