28. Mär 2024, 13:05 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Hobbit Trilogy  (Gelesen 120460 mal)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Re: The Hobbit Trilogy
« Antwort #330 am: 24. Apr 2016, 22:00 »
Merchants from Harad or Rhun?

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #331 am: 24. Apr 2016, 23:22 »
Merchants from Harad or Rhun?

Wow I never noticed those people in the background.   :o

I guess it could be either, but in my opinion, I doubt that either would trade with Laketown, especially Harad because of how far they are. 

Could they possibly be from Dorwinion?
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Apr 2016, 23:30 von Hamanathnath »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #332 am: 24. Apr 2016, 23:54 »
Evil Men as a future faction in the Edain Mod 4.0 REVEALED!  :D

Jokes apart, it could be. Lake Town (and Dale even more) is said to be a very dynamic commercial emporium, in the middle of various trading routes throughout Middle Earth (almost like Constantinople before and during the whole Middle Age, for example); it is thus very likely to assume that it could have attracted a lot of foreign merchants. We can also assume that they might come from the Human tribes of the South and the East that were not subjected to Sauron (and Tolkien tells us there are many).

By the way, speaking about Lake Town, what do you think about the little 'Flemish touch' that PJ gave to anything referring to this context?
I always had the sense of beholding the typical and iconic misty, cold and marine towns of the Hanseatic League whenever I saw Lake Town  :P

If you can relate  ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #333 am: 24. Aug 2016, 23:24 »
After quite some time spent in searching for them, I eventually found two concept-arts of how Galadriel was initially supposed to look during the banishment sequence. As also other images from WETA and a behind-the-scenes video that I saw confirm, 'Drowned/Seaweed Galadriel' was intended to (especially at the beginning) display the effect of the evil influence of Dol Guldur (a totally hostile environment) that taints her and progressively drains her ethereal aura; the apex is exactly reached when Sauron reveals himself to the White Council.

You can see the clear sea/water motive still prominent (her veil resembles seaweed), in the following images; according to PJ and the writers, it's a reference to the properties of Nenya. It's though less apparent than what was the final rendition in the actual film. I used these pictures primarily for a proposal of mine (which you are more than welcome to participate in, if you are willing to), but I would also like to post them here, relating directly to the Hobbit trilogy.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #334 am: 5. Mär 2017, 01:50 »
For those who may have missed it, here it is the entire BOTFA panel presentation during the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con. Along with most of the cast, there's obviously our beloved PJ to greet the crowd. Apart from the information about the then-expected last chapter of the Hobbit trilogy, the director talks vaguely about possible plans for the whole six-part saga: what might happen when the series (and his overall work on Middle-earth) finally ends.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ugEFwc5bMB8

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #335 am: 12. Mär 2017, 00:32 »
Just to mirror the survey of this thread's sister-topic, I have a similar question to ask: when and in which circumstances did you watch each chapter of the Hobbit trilogy for the very first time? Your first impressions and feelings, once we immersed ourselves again in the lore of Middle-earth.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #336 am: 27. Apr 2017, 00:46 »
If you haven't had the possibility to explore its wonders yet, here it is a very nice experiment  ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #337 am: 7. Mai 2017, 01:09 »
Coincidentally, two guys were chatting about it the other day, at my university. I'm referring to the infamous (pardon the adjective) interview of Viggo Mortensen which had created so much unrest at the time, within the fans' community that was following the progress of the Hobbit trilogy with apprehension and genuine passion. The actor never intended to go after PJ and his art, yet some of the passages of the interview seem to tell more than one might grasp from a first read: interestingly, the themes revolving around the usage of CGI and subtlety constituted indeed the main arguments of the criticism PJ got.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #338 am: 9. Mai 2017, 00:11 »
A very sound concept-art of Tauriel from WETA, from whose inspiration they have presumably crafted the actual character.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #339 am: 12. Jun 2017, 14:59 »
PJ has himself admitted how difficult and chaotic the whole situation was at times, when the quite sudden decision to split the series into three chapters had been eventually made. Lack of organisation and thorough planning, that I think are pretty much visible and perceivable in BOTFA.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #340 am: 23. Aug 2017, 01:51 »
The generalities of the story-telling character of the trilogy, and the reasons for three chapters.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ChFqIdh0pG0

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #341 am: 28. Aug 2017, 01:41 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #342 am: 19. Sep 2017, 01:35 »
The conceiving of the Lady of Light's character in AUJ.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #343 am: 28. Sep 2017, 22:25 »
Should anyone wish to experience the mesmerising dream of life in the secluded Valley, you need just hearken to the peace which ever-supreme reigns over the shires of Elrond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0r5sV1vsBQ

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #344 am: 7. Okt 2017, 03:08 »