19. Apr 2024, 12:58 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Arnor/Gondor Toggle  (Gelesen 2092 mal)

DemonhuntR

• Bilbos Festgast
Arnor/Gondor Toggle
« am: 1. Mai 2015, 13:23 »
Is it in any way possible that at the start of each map we can pick between Gondor and Arnor in the same way that you could pick between the 3 dwarven factions in previous Edain versions?

It's probably a lot more work then im picturing it to be, but i just vastly prefer playing Arnor over Gondor in most scenarios.

I'm a big fan of the hero focus of Arnor with Arvedui's Ring mechanic and his son's "Hero Leadership", Also with the Lindon Watchtower and Rivendel Fort I very much enjoy the Last Alliance vibe that Arnor resembles.

I've see a lot of good suggestions in making Arnor more alike to Gondor (in the hero department) so im not gonna go into too much detail about that in n this specific post.

I'm gonna be honest here and also admit that i see some negatives with this implementation. Mainly that you might focus on countering Gondor then find out the enemy chose Arnor at the start. But I feel that besides hero and spellbook powers Gondor and Arnor are alike enough that this shouldn't cause major balance issues.

I'm probably not the first to ask for this and to be honest I hope I'm not the last one either. And I know my entire reasoning for this is just because I want it but if I'm not the only one that feels like that it could be to the enjoyment of more people and it's always worth trying.

Anyways thank you for your time and patience!

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Re: Arnor/Gondor Toggle
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Mai 2015, 13:29 »
No, that is not possible. Arnor and Gondor would need to have the same spellbook, so we would have to remove all the spells fitting only for one of them.
Regarding Gondor that are the following spells: Army of the Death, the Rohirrim spell, Woods of Ithilien, Gandalf the White, the fiefdoms, the Twins + the Rangers, which are most of the cool spells Gondor has.

Also the AI does not accept this, you can already see in 3.81 that the dwarven AI uses all the heroes, which would be much weirder when playing Gondor. Besides the fact that there is a maximum number of heroes for a faction.

Furthermore, what should be the name of this faction? We can't use Men, because the Rohirrim are Men, too.

Arnor will stay a map feature of Gondor.

DemonhuntR

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Arnor/Gondor Toggle
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Mai 2015, 13:51 »
Fair enough, you make some valid points which had not even come to mind to me such as diffrences in the spellbook and A.I.

I just thought it was worth asking.

Ofcourse the other option would be Arnor as a seperate faction but I feel that in it's current state it's to similar to Gondor and the topic would be more apropriate for another topic.

I am however still curious to know who else would prefer to see a little more Arnor despite the technical limitations.