20. Apr 2024, 10:15 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The ultimate spell for Arnor(Gondor+Elves army from epilogue mission)  (Gelesen 16492 mal)

CragLord

• Gast

Ok, this looks nice.
Just to mention again, few things:
Pity, because of Bandobras Took... His rich biography could be used in some good ways for interesting abilities. (With him dies idea of donkey riders...)

Again same problem with strict timeline's boundaries...
If you watch Arnor faction like Arnor kingdom, there is no place for Aranarth as Chieftain of the Dúnedain. (Against time boundaries, I am detailed descibe that in previous reply.) You say, ok he is not  Chieftain of the Dúnedain, we will make that because Toggle Weapon, so we call him leader of Rangers, and again we have same situation like currently in game.
Why he need that toggle weapon? He doesn't need, because Carthaen will be buffed/changed and he will be main range hero. Maybe you want to say, but he needs that toggle to cover his nomadic life and include that in faction. That is ok, but you watch on Arnor faction like Arnor kingdom, there are boundaries in time/lore, so we can't include this.
So if we watch on Arnor faction like Arnor kingdom, we have next:
Aranarth is hero killer (Prince form, without toggle) (Aragorn comparison)
Carthaen takes his place like ranger hero. (Cardolan's rangers) (Faramir comparison)
Simple and strict. :) 
That is only reasonable result if you watch on Arnor faction like Arnor kingdom.

« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 20:15 von CragLord »

Tienety

• Gast
Ok, this looks nice.
Just to mention again, few things:
Pity, because of Bandobras Took... His rich biography could be used in some good ways for interesting abilities. (With him dies idea of donkey riders...)
Yes, Took Bandobras is a very interesting character. :(
Maybe donkey riders can be unlocked in hobbit farm with passive spell: "Support of hobbits" :P

Again same problem with strict timeline's boundaries...
If you watch Arnor faction like Arnor kingdom, there is no place for Aranarth as Chieftain of the Dúnedain. (Against time boundaries, I am detailed descibe that in previous reply.) You say, ok he is not  Chieftain of the Dúnedain, we will make that because Toggle Weapon, so we call him leader of Rangers, and again we have same situation like currently in game.
Why he need that toggle weapon? He doesn't need, because Carthaen will be buffed/changed and he will be main range hero. Maybe you want to say, but he needs that toggle to cover his nomadic life and include that in faction. That is ok, but you watch on Arnor faction like Arnor kingdom, there are boundaries in time/lore, so we can't include this.
So if we watch on Arnor faction like Arnor kingdom, we have next:
Aranarth is hero killer (Prince form, without toggle) (Aragorn comparison)
Carthaen takes his place like ranger hero. (Cardolan's rangers) (Faramir comparison)
Simple and strict. :) 
That is only reasonable result if you watch on Arnor faction like Arnor kingdom.
I think Aranarth should have bow because Gondor has two archers: Beregond and Faramir. Faramir has two forms in Gondor(ranger/knight). He is a a universal character with bow, sword and horse. Carthaen will be only ranger. So, only Aranarth can be universal character as Faramir. 8-)

Maybe this for Aranarth:

He will have only Prince of Arnor form and this abilities:

Level 1: Mount/Dismount

Level 1: Charge of Prince (something like blade master for Aragorn)
For 30 seconds Aranarth deals +100% attack and +25% attack speed

Level 5: Toggle Weapon - Switch between sword and bow

Level 7: Hope of the Kingdon(same as now)
+resistance to fear for nearby troops

Level 10: Aid of the Prince(same as now)

Carthaen can have mix of his own abilities and abilities from Aranarth's rangers form.
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jul 2015, 14:07 von Tienety »

CragLord

• Gast
That sounds ok, if he will only have that weapon toggle.  (No skin toggle.)
Again I must say that I really don't like that kind of thinking in timeline, but if we think on that way then we should respect Lore.  :)
This is all theoretical anyway, and Arnor isn't priority for team right now I think, but it is nice to have some new ideas for improvement of this faction.  ;)

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
I have some ideas about heroes for Arnor, if you want to remove Glorfindel (and I think, that Araphant is just... well, his presence in the mod, doesn't convince me too much).

Argeleb I - He was in original campaing od RotWK, and he tries to reunite all Arnor. Cardolan accepted this, but he was forced to start a war with Rhudaur, which was already under the influence of Witch-King of Angmar. And he fortified Weathertop.

Arveleg I -  Also present in OC. He leads His mens, peoples of Cardolan and elves of Lindon to war against WK and for some time, was victorious by droving back Angmar forces. But, afterall he was killed during defending oldest tower in Amon Sul, where palantir was stored. With this, he made possible to rescue other dunedains to rescue palantir and take it to Fornost.

Argeleb II - Founder of the Shire during the Great Plague, tenth king of Arthedain. He was buried in Cardolan's Barrow-downs. Frodo was cought in his mound, it's possible, that he was cought by Argeleb himself.

Arahad I - Seventh chieftain of the dunaedains. During his life, it was discovered, that Sauron returned to Dol-Guldur, Misty Mountains was raided by orcs again and Celebrian was captured, tortured, rescued and she left Middle-Earth. Oh, also White Council was founded, and he was member of it (if I'm correct, there was ever only one mortal human, which was member o WC, and it was him).

So... what do you think?

CragLord

• Gast
If you have read discussion between Tienety and me, you will see that is not possible because of timeline. There are time gap between heroes you suggested and current heroes in Arnor. :)
I have also suggested something similar, but Tienety explain me currently situation nicely. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:42 von CragLord »

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
Sorry, just wanted to share my thoughts, and there was too many responds (I've lasted about half of it, and then i gave up), and I don't have much time or patience lately.   :D

CragLord

• Gast
I can see that.  :P
Any way, I proposed adding Araval in place of hero killer role.
Tienety counter me with reason of time gap between death of Araval and birth of Aranarth.
Any way, still I think Araval is best solution (nice biography), but that gap is killing my idea.  :(
So about your proposals, time gap is much much bigger. :D

P.S. Read more comments, not all of them are "spam" type. :) :P
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Aug 2015, 20:32 von CragLord »

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
I'll try. But still, i don't think that timeline should be so important. Bandobras lived long, long after fall of Arnor, and Rivendell's LA spell, and Earnur with his troops and fact that Cirdan still have Narya...
They don't utterly sticking to the timeline. ;)

CragLord

• Gast
Yes, that is true. There will be always some kind of crossing that boundaries (Not to mention some other situations like Eomer vs Arvendui etc, more that 1000 years separates them :P) .
Point is to respect timeline in terms of producing heroes under faction. All heroes from current Arnor lived during same period. That is point. :)
P.S. Biggest error in mod currently (when we are speaking about Arnor) is Carthaen. That character didn't exist in Lore, he is artificially added by EA games. Team kept this character probably because of expressing Cardolan influence in faction. If we watch those timeline boundaries in faction (which we respect in terms of heros btw), then Cardolan shouldn't be part of Arnor faction, because current Arnor faction is mostly based on 3 last members of Arnor ruling dynasty (that dynasty ruled until 1975 T.A.), and in their time Cardolan is destroyed and without life. :) (If you have patience look at lotr wiki or tolkien gateway all about House of Isildur, there is also nice genealogy of dynasty of Northern Kingdom)
I try to explain you and to give my opinion in general about this matter. :) 

P.S.2 I think team added Arnor because of fans, in general, this faction needed most shaping and polishing. I personally think time for working on Arnor will come after all factions are released, not now. :)

Cheers bro . :)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:39 von CragLord »

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
Yeah, i know. It needs very much work from ET. But i hope that they finally will do it.
And yes, i often read articles on this wiki, about week ago, i read all members of house Isildur (from Elendil to Elessar). ;)
And i heard about Carthaen, i think too, that he should be removed, but... they'll do what they want, they're makers! :P

PS. : Fck you Earendur the kingdom destroyer! :v