28. Mär 2024, 19:08 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Huge Bug with my game  (Gelesen 4657 mal)

gunnerjoe

• Hobbit
Huge Bug with my game
« am: 11. Mai 2015, 04:30 »
So I decided to download Edain 4.0 yesterday and I encountered a huge bug. The Edain mod was working fine, but I also wanted to go back and play the regular version of the game. So I clicked the disable mod option and pressed play. When I clicked play it gave me an error and I couldn't enter the game. So what I decided to do was uninstall the Edain mod. I did that and then entered the regular game and all seemed well until I clicked skirmish and the map was completely pink. I entered the game and everything was pink. I figured this had something to do with the Mod so I simply reinstalled the game. After reinstalling the game I encountered the exact same issue. I looked up help on the issue and found that the common issue was the asset.dat was corrupted. I had no backup of the file so I looked for a backup online. I found one, put it in the ROTWK file and still I had the same issue of everything being pink. I tried reinstalling the game with another CD even and that didn't do a think as everything was still pink. Are there any fixes to this issue or am I forever stuck not being able to play ROTWK ever again on this computer?

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Re: Huge Bug with my game
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Mai 2015, 08:52 »
Try to also reinstall BfME2. Edain, does not change the asset.dat of RotWk, but the one of BfME2.

gunnerjoe

• Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 11. Mai 2015, 19:52 »
I did that and thankfully my BFME 2 now works; however, when I tried to play ROTWK I get the error

"Expected floating point value, math op, or predefined macro, but found 'DRONE HEALTH'

Error parsing field 'MaxHealth' in block 'Object' in file 'data\ini\object\goodfaction\units\elven\drone_good.ini, line93

etc etc etc

Any way to fix this?

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 11. Mai 2015, 21:00 »
Do you have any other mods installed?

gunnerjoe

• Hobbit
« Antwort #4 am: 12. Mai 2015, 20:06 »
No I do not have any other mods installed. I deleted everything involving the game and reinstalled and got that error

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #5 am: 12. Mai 2015, 20:37 »
Probably you have some other stuff installed, because Edain doesn't have a drone_good.ini.
Which patches have you installed? Edain only runs with official patches, not with the unofficial patch 2.02 or unofficial patch 1.08.

gunnerjoe

• Hobbit
« Antwort #6 am: 12. Mai 2015, 23:02 »
I re-patched it and got it fixed. Thanks and sorry about all the confusion