28. Mär 2024, 10:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: BFME1 Maps  (Gelesen 4605 mal)

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
BFME1 Maps
« am: 12. Mai 2015, 18:45 »
Is it possible to modify BFME1 maps to be in Edain 4.0?

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: BFME1 Maps
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Mai 2015, 19:08 »
Nearly all maps from Bfme 1 are in Edain 4.0.
Of course you can also add more maps, you just have to use our tutorial hoho has translated into english. :)

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 13. Mai 2015, 15:36 »
I thought so, I was mostly wondering if the BFME1 campaign could be ported to Edain.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #3 am: 13. Mai 2015, 15:45 »
Nope, such a campaign is not possible. That's much more than just the maps, the whole system won't work this way.

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 13. Mai 2015, 17:21 »
what exactly is it that doesn't work? the transfer of units between maps? The map design? I would have thought that you could have a modified war of the ring mechanic to simulate how it's done in BFME1.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #5 am: 13. Mai 2015, 17:28 »
Those two things you mentioned are the only things that would work  [ugly]
The map desing and the unit transfer between maps.

The problem is the rest of it.
First the world map in war of the ring, which has completly different missions, and has a completly different system as in BfME1.
Secondly, everything concerning the maps (except the map design) can't be used anymore, because there are many new or different units, heroes and objects with quite different values.
So basically including the BfME 1 campaign would be the same as completly redoing it, and would still have some serious problems.
« Letzte Änderung: 13. Mai 2015, 17:34 von FG15 »

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #6 am: 13. Mai 2015, 20:03 »
So are you guys just planning on modifying the RotWK campaign then for Edain? would it be possible to remove the WotR aspect from it and just put it on rails? I would imagine that all the missions would need work regardless of what campaign you use, so would it be possible to cherry pick the missions you want to replicate and just build them from scratch making them as close as feasible? The part I like the most about it was that is follows the book/movie script pretty closely and would like to replicate that as much as possible in Edain.